dj_stang

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
edit: 80-days and still waiting.
I just went and hounded my dealer and they sent me a check. Maybe give it a week or two but also call Ford and then go into the dealer once a week, screw dealers who make it this hard. I can’t wait for Ford to drop them.
Sponsored

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just went and hounded my dealer and they sent me a check. Maybe give it a week or two but also call Ford and then go into the dealer once a week, screw dealers who make it this hard. I can’t wait for Ford to drop them.
Thanks. Your 2022 MME purchase date was... when? and how many days passed before you received your refund? In what part of the country is dealer located?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends message offering points/cash for Jan 2023 Mach-E buyers. Also clarifies refund timeline 1677609610681

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got the same message and I am very disappointed. What may I going to do with 600,000 ford reward points. I would have preferred the refund fully in cash
I would have also loved all of that to be cash instead of cash + Points. However, I am glad that Ford initiated something by themselves instead of not bothering about it like Tesla. I have few friends who ordered a Tesla before the 20% price drop and Tesla is not giving them anything back.

Last edited:

CarbonGT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was also hoping for full cash refund but have to see this as a bonus cause I didn't not expect this at all when purchasing my car. Only thing I can think of to use the reward points on will be tires.

OP
OP
dj_stang

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Your 2022 MME purchase date was... when? and how many days passed before you received your refund? In what part of the country is dealer located?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends message offering points/cash for Jan 2023 Mach-E buyers. Also clarifies refund timeline 1677609610681
I was talking about the deposit for my ‘23. My ‘22 deposit was applied towards the purchase.

bobert

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Mach-e
Country flag
First time poster, long time lurker. My wife and I got our vehicles around the same time after ordering in September. She got her delivery in January and got her email with everyone else. I didn’t get the email… probably because I took delivery in early February. My purchase order was finalized Jan 23 so I could get all the loan stuff squared away with my out-of-state credit union that doesn’t use email. So I paid the January price and I believe I should be eligible for the refund.

Still trying to figure it out as Ford customer service says all they heard was Jan 1 to 31, and my dealership is still trying to figure it out with Ford I think? Anyone else have something similar?
update: my dealer looked and saw that my window sticker showed the new, lower price, so they were able to issue me a check for the difference! they handled it really well! if this happened to anyone else who took delivery in Feb, I hope they got / are getting similar treatment. thanks to everyone who chimed in with suggestions!

Johnnyweekend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
update: my dealer looked and saw that my window sticker showed the new, lower price, so they were able to issue me a check for the difference! they handled it really well! if this happened to anyone else who took delivery in Feb, I hope they got / are getting similar treatment. thanks to everyone who chimed in with suggestions!
When in Feb did you pick it up? Maybe they hadn't submitted it to fund yet with Ford. I imagine that once it is funded they won't have issued a check as it is out of their hands

bobert

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Mach-e
Country flag
Feb 6! I think you’re right. mine seemed to have been an extreme edge case

b Mach e

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mach e ER AWD star white
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
You folks are doing well to be getting cash and credit. I'd welcome the deal but Ford has excluded me.
We took delivery of the 23 on 12/26
It was exciting to have the car for year end. Now everyone gets the tax credit. We don't qualify for any price protection since our delivery was a few days before the 1/1 date.
The Dealer can't do anything and I talked to @Ford marketing and they are understanding of my disappointment in the 6500 decrease. But no money for me.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
You folks are doing well to be getting cash and credit. I'd welcome the deal but Ford has excluded me.
We took delivery of the 23 on 12/26
It was exciting to have the car for year end. Now everyone gets the tax credit. We don't qualify for any price protection since our delivery was a few days before the 1/1 date.
The Dealer can't do anything and I talked to @Ford marketing and they are understanding of my disappointment in the 6500 decrease. But no money for me.
Everyone doesn’t get the tax credit, there is an income restriction

AKM

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 California Route 1 AWD ER
Country flag
So I bought my 2023 on January 11, and haven't gotten any email or notification in fordpass. Should be talking to my dealer about this or try to contact ford directly?

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"As a next step, if eligible, in mid‑March you will receive a communication to validate your information so that Ford may process your payment correctly."

It's not mid-March yet.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The big catch is at the end, Ford Options is considered a lease? There’s no way that can be correct.

I do not believe that this implies that Ford Options is a lease. Rather, it is included as one of the financing options that are also eligible for this goodwill payment. Ford Options is not a lease - otherwise you would not be eligible for the Federal Tax Credit.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
They didn’t know anything more than what’s written. He actually read out his internal version which had tiny differences in wording so I could tell it was a different document, but it had the same information including the bit about Options and Red Carpet Lease.
OP, I don't quite read it that way. The footnote says Red Carpet Lease and Ford Options which to me indicates a Lease or an Option. This is different from Options and Red Carpet Lease, which could interpret Ford Options and Red Carpet as two types of lease options.

Am I reading this wrong?

OP
OP
dj_stang

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP, I don't quite read it that way. The footnote says Red Carpet Lease and Ford Options which to me indicates a Lease or an Option. This is different from Options and Red Carpet Lease, which could interpret Ford Options and Red Carpet as two types of lease options.

Am I reading this wrong?
I interpreted it as saying
“Purchases receive X amount
Leases receive X/2 amount (and by the way, when we say "Lease" this includes both Red Carpet Lease and Ford Options)”

However yes, Ford Options is absolutely NOT a lease according to Ford itself.
Sponsored

Last edited: