TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
As we get our glass recalls letter, I'm wondering which Ford Service Centers have a body shop in-house in the Bay Area.

The Ford Store San Leandro told me they don't have a body shop and would transfer it between their service center adding extra days. They also don't offer shuttle or loaner cars. Rather than adding the extra time for the car to move around and their lack of services, I'm wondering which dealers in the Bay Area can do the work in-house.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Cart before the horse.

Dealerships don't yet even know how this is going to work. It may be that they have Safelite do it, and you may just go there. Or have them come to your house / place of work.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I may wait this out until I see some reviews of dealers here doing the roof/windshield recall work. I need to get the rear tailgate adjusted so the top doesn't make noise from rubbing against the inside frame, so I would like to get it all taken care of at the same time, but not opening the back more than ½ way is long past old.

Would be great of fellow forum members from the bay area could post when they get it done and if there are any horror stories.

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealerships don't yet even know how this is going to work. It may be that they have Safelite do it, and you may just go there. Or have them come to your house / place of work.
If I was back in Michigan I wouldn't be so worried. It's a much different dealer situation in the Bay Area, and The Ford Store doesn't offer this service at all. This post is me trying to find a different service center before I'm able to make an appointment.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My least favorite dealer has a body shop. Not sure about any others.

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
Country flag
I need to find a different service center as The Ford Store San Leandro refused to do the recall.

On Nov 16th, I made the appointment for today. On the call I explicitly asked if they were able to do the glass work in-house and was told that they were able to do so with this recall.

This morning I was told that they were not accepting glass recall work at this time. The body shop they contract -- that is not in-house -- managed to damage the glass roof of another customer and need to wait 7+ days for new glass.

While my car is getting the 21P22 update, and they checked if 21-2206 effected by my car, I'm trying to figure out where else I should go.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sounds like this recall work may have to wait till next year. Looks like I will need to figure out how to adjust my back gate since it sits too low on the top hinges and make a loud rubbing noise at the top after opening more than 30%. I can wait on the sw update as I'd like to get everything done at the same time.

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
Country flag
Bumping the thread to see if anyone has successfully had the recall work done in NorCal.

The reception I got from The Ford Store San Leandro was… not positive. At this point I'm willing to travel around the Bay Area to get the work done. I'll be evaluating service centers for my eventual 10k checkup.
Sponsored