Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Anybody see this? Hopefully Mustang club will still qualify.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-shareholder-vehicle-discount-program-to-end-in-june/

Ford Shareholder Vehicle Discount Program To End In June

The Ford shareholder vehicle discount program is set to end next month as well, the automaker revealed at its 2022 shareholder meeting and also via a letter it sent out to those same shareholders recently.

To this point, those that held at least 100 shares of Ford stock for six months were eligible to receive a Ford X-Plan PIN. However, as of June 1st, 2022, that will no longer be the case as the Ford shareholder vehicle discount program is now set to end. The program was originally created with the intention of putting shareholders behind the wheel of new Blue Oval vehicles at pre-determined prices, but that will soon no longer be the case.

Shareholders that qualify for this program still have a few days to act, however. Ford included a form with its shareholder letter that can be filled out with basic information such as the person’s name, address, and the vehicle they’re interested in. Shareholders can submit that form, along with proof of Ford stock ownership, and still receive a PIN that effectively gives them X-Plan pricing through December 31st, 2022.

From there, shareholders can visit any Ford or Lincoln dealer, who can confirm the individual’s X-Plan eligibility via their social security number and PIN. After choosing an eligible vehicle, the customer will receive a dealer invoice with the discounted price of that model, after which they can arrange financing or purchase the vehicle outright, then take delivery.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not a huge loss since it's easy and cheap to join the Mustang Club of America for the same discount.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Not a huge loss since it's easy and cheap to join the Mustang Club of America for the same discount.
Plus the fact that some desirable new vehicles (Lightning) are being excluded from X-plan anyway.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see what this holds for A/Z/D/X-Plan going forward, especially going forward as Ford launches its respective Ford Blue and Ford Model e divisions.

Also of note is that for invoice-based purchase programs by automakers, X-Plan is probably the easiest to acquire, followed by the FCA Affiliates Rewards Program (both are appealing to me, as someone who loathes wasting time, energy, and money haggling at dealerships).

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
So, I just applied to the program and got a PIN this week. However, my built MME is on a glacial delivery schedule and is not expected at the dealer until late July. Do you think the PIN will be denied? I guess FORD felt that so many shareholders were using the X-plan that it was dragging down the stock price?? More stupid unfriendly customer relations from FORD.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Hm, I never received said letter...

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Wondering if I should reapply to get the pin. I got a pin last year in August but car hasn’t been delivered yet. Expected eta May 29 - June 4. Which I think will get pushed out again.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It's good for 365 days.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So, I just applied to the program and got a PIN this week. However, my built MME is on a glacial delivery schedule and is not expected at the dealer until late July. Do you think the PIN will be denied? I guess FORD felt that so many shareholders were using the X-plan that it was dragging down the stock price?? More stupid unfriendly customer relations from FORD.

I never understood this other than it's sorta an administrative pain probably since there is paperwork to go back/forth and Ford has to dedicate resources to deal with it. It's just not worth the hassle anymore.

I also doubt it's shareholders because as a shareholder myself, it's FAR FAR cheaper to just get MCA and qualify vs. buying 100 shares of Ford stock which is $1363 now. Add in the hundreds of companies that qualify (any big company it seems) without even spending or joining anything, there are easier ways to qualify for X-plan.

With the F150 not allowing X-plan, I'm thinking Ford is leaning more into probably a set price model for "most" everyone in this new EV buying environment.

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag
So my pin expires in August, still no production date. So after I read this today I sent in all my info for the stockholders pricing and got a confirmation email that they received it. Since I sent it in before June 1st, would I still qualify to get it until December of this year? Also never received a letter from Ford about this, and have over 1k shares for many years. So shame on them.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Info is pretty clear, no?

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I never understood this other than it's sorta an administrative pain probably since there is paperwork to go back/forth and Ford has to dedicate resources to deal with it. It's just not worth the hassle anymore.

I also doubt it's shareholders because as a shareholder myself, it's FAR FAR cheaper to just get MCA and qualify vs. buying 100 shares of Ford stock which is $1363 now. Add in the hundreds of companies that qualify (any big company it seems) without even spending or joining anything, there are easier ways to qualify for X-plan.

With the F150 not allowing X-plan, I'm thinking Ford is leaning more into probably a set price model for "most" everyone in this new EV buying environment.
This.

Ford should kill the easy ways to get the discount and make lengthy shareholders discount the one that matters. I mean if they really want to increase the value of the stock THAT is a real boon to it.

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
My original PIN, via shareholder services, was set to expire mid July. I inquired if it could be extended, and Ford advised me to re- apply before May 31, which I did. I got a new PIN that expires Dec 31, 2022 rather than for 12 months. I should take delivery in August or September, so it should work out.

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag
So Ford just told me to go F#@! yourself, I do not qualify for a new shareholder X-plan pin, because my current on does not expire until August 3 2022. Called them and told them I don't even have a production date yet and wanted to extend it so I can buy this car-so they said sorry, hope your car gets delivered by August 3rd. So that's how Ford treats it's stock holders.

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
That experience totally sucks and I'm sorry to hear that you went through that. I know there's the Mustang Club membership route to get an X-Plan PIN, but I don't know those details.
Sponsored