Ford site just updated, Premium now 6+ months order time ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Only plug-in hybrids
OK. The operative point was that the Mach E isn't the first FORD EV to qualify, which is why they were at roughly the 130k mark before they sold the first Mach E.

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
What does this mean for orders already in the pipeline? Do they do these things in sequential order or just randomly? My progress on step 2 changed from “ready” to “in progress“ today so I was happy to see some movement forward.
Mine too. Any idea what the difference is? At this point I'm just happy to see a change. I only ordered on March 1st, so I am trying to temper my expectations.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mine too. Any idea what the difference is? At this point I'm just happy to see a change. I only ordered on March 1st, so I am trying to temper my expectations.
Everyone is fine for at least a year from April or longer.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Have you received a build date? I ordered in late March and my build date was assigned last week. I'm hoping for a late July/early August delivery.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just noticed this, looks like Premium is now going to take at least 6 months to come in. Nothing about model year though, surely if we're talking November+ it would be a 2022?

1619557186934.png
Not surprising, they have lots of GTs to build, many for holders of reservations dating back to November 2019. These take priority over new orders with no prior reservation. Ford has indicated new GT orders without reservations may be pushed to 2022 -- an even longer wait. Will new Premium orders taking 24 weeks be 2022? That has not been announced publicly. Ford can legally make MY2021s until the end of December.

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
Have you received a build date? I ordered in late March and my build date was assigned last week. I'm hoping for a late July/early August delivery.
Not yet. I have seen that there are folks that ordered after I did that have build dates already. I wonder if it is a matter of specs and trim level. You and I both ordered the Premium trim level it looks like, but we have a different drive/battery setup.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
I ordered over a month after you, on April 12. No I have no idea what the difference in the status is.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Not yet. I have seen that there are folks that ordered after I did that have build dates already. I wonder if it is a matter of specs and trim level. You and I both ordered the Premium trim level it looks like, but we have a different drive/battery setup.
I ordered a premium AWD ER on 2.21. Star white-I still don’t have a build date. I See a lot of March/April orders with build dates so I’m not exactly sure how they are being scheduled.

artifact

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD Infinite Blue Premium AWD Onyx
Country flag
My Premium x4 SR IB order just went through on Monday and it already says 'In Progress' for #2. I thought that was the waiting for 6 mos step. If 'In Progress' is the about to build step -- super, duper fast.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m not exactly sure how they are being scheduled.
We'll likely never know.

My Premium x4 SR IB order just went through on Monday and it already says 'In Progress' for #2. I thought that was the waiting for 6 mos step. If 'In Progress' is the about to build step -- super, duper fast.
Based on the number of reports about statuses changing to "In Progress" this week, I don't think it means anything. It may just be a way to differentiate between the current orders that are still part of Job 1 and new orders that will be in Job 2.