Ford site just updated, Premium now 6+ months order time ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Fantastic gateway phev for me
oh for sure. as I've said repeatedly on here, I ♥ my 2013 Fusion Energi. It's actually getting some minor repair work done at the dealer right now (the bungled door latch recall and some switch bits, that kind of thing) because I for now am keeping it and want it to be tip-top.

(it's actually in some ways better than the Mach-E)
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
hopefully the extended times on the non-GT trims means they are going into full GT production for a little while instead of just fitting them in WITH the other trims. I know, very selfish thought. ?‍♂

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I ordered a premium AWD ER on 2.21. Star white-I still don’t have a build date. I See a lot of March/April orders with build dates so I’m not exactly sure how they are being scheduled.
In the same boat, no rhyme or reason to the process it seems ?

sandrift

First Name
V.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME AWD ER; Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
In the same boat, no rhyme or reason to the process it seems ?
Just looking at the table over on the order tracking thread, my eyeball assessment suggests that the Selects are getting production dates sooner than Premiums, and Premiums with ER and AWD are most popular and seem slowest to get dates.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just looking at the table over on the order tracking thread, my eyeball assessment suggests that the Selects are getting production dates sooner than Premiums, and Premiums with ER and AWD are most popular and seem slowest to get dates.
Don't worry, as soon as you figure out Ford's pattern they'll change it.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I placed my orders (Premium, extended, AWD) on 5/3/21 and the screen showed 24 weeks, or approx 5.5 months.

By the time we go to the dealer to pick it up, 3 or 4 other SUV/crossovers will have launched. Seriously.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I placed my orders (Premium, extended, AWD) on 5/3/21 and the screen showed 24 weeks, or approx 5.5 months.

By the time we go to the dealer to pick it up, 3 or 4 other SUV/crossovers will have launched. Seriously.
LOL, likely true... and it will be 5.5 months to get those, too. Unless they are really awful... then likely a little sooner because no one wants one. Unfortunately that is not the case here.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
If you really want this car and don't want to wait 6 months, just check the Ford inventory page everyday (ideally multiple times per day) and call any dealers that show they have an MME in stock. Chances are it's not available (already tied to a customer order, still in transit, etc). But orders get canceled everyday so it's a matter of getting lucky and finding one that you like and is available for sale.

You'll have to be flexible on things like color and X plan availability. However if you're willing to wait then you might as well pick up a MY21 later this year once the MY22 gets released.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think this is right, when the original builds got scheduled last fall, it seemed like the SR reservations were much likely to get an earlier build because so many people wanted an ER Mach-E.

They probably try to go roughly in order but seem to need to schedule a certain variety of trims for any given week.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I’m sure there’s a reason for it but seems odd to not prioritize the more expensive vehicles. Maybe things like the glass roof or batteries are slowing them down

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
I ordered a premium AWD ER on 2.21. Star white-I still don’t have a build date. I See a lot of March/April orders with build dates so I’m not exactly sure how they are being scheduled.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. My order was identical to yours but six weeks later. I was expecting a Frunk for Fourth (of July) party. But unlikely..

Skierick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2017 BMW 440 Convertible
Country flag
I wish they would do a better job of communicating. Ordered a rapid red ER AWD two months ago and no build date. Dealer doesn’t know anything either.Pretty sure the 8-12 weeks to delivery I was told when I placed the order is hopeless

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish they would do a better job of communicating. Ordered a rapid red ER AWD two months ago and no build date. Dealer doesn’t know anything either.Pretty sure the 8-12 weeks to delivery I was told when I placed the order is hopeless
You’re headed down a path very familiar to many of us. I didn’t get any information from anybody until the 12th week when I got a build week. Now I’m on target for a 24 week delivery if nothing changes.

JFleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Fireman
Country flag

WOW, I ordered a rapid red, AWD, ER two months ago as well. The dealer told me it would take 8 to 10 weeks for delivery! LOL! I knew this was way wrong but just smiled and said; OK sounds good. Flash forward 2 months - don't have a vin or build date yet. Dealer has no idea. I asked and they just started mumbling about chip shortages. I figure I will get it when I get it. Not a day sooner.
Sponsored