Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Just wondering... is anyone going full-tilt for Ford now that it seems they have a hit on their hands?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been a stock holder since last year. Thinking about buying in some more while it’s down

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
My wife and I scooped up a bit of Ford stock while it was down pretty far last year. I hope they update the xplan to include the GT so we can make more use of it other than being in the "pays a dividend" pile.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I feel like this isn’t the important electric vehicle rollout for Ford. Next years F-150 is arguably orders of magnitude more important to Fords bottom line.
I have my doubt as to how big the ev truck will be. Ranchers and construction will not want it. It’s best bet is those that drive a pickup just because. Not sure how big that group is. Maybe that is a big group but at least some of the group won’t want a silent truck either.

I own Ford stock and think it is a good investment but I think it will do well for non-ev truck reasons.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I feel like this isn’t the important electric vehicle rollout for Ford. Next years F-150 is arguably orders of magnitude more important to Fords bottom line.
I'm not so sure. There may be an E-pickup market in some parts, but down in NC, SC etc. they're still blowing coal to piss off the Libs.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think the Mach-E production is too little to impact the bottom line all that much.

What I do think the Mach-E does is show that Ford can make a really good EV, so I think it bodes very well for them for the coming decade as EV sales are expected to pick up steam.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Not full tilt, but a little bit. Maybe if they restore the dividend, I’ll pick up some more ?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I bought in March or so last year and already have a good return on that and I just bought a little more right after their 1st qtr results. The chip shortage could make this a rough year, but I think they have a lot of positives going forward. The Mach-E alone won't do it, but it was a brilliant move by Ford. It has easily given them the title of being a top-notch EV competitor to Tesla and that is huge. It will pay big as they expand their EV lineup.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
It has easily given them the title of being a top-notch EV competitor to Tesla and that is huge. It will pay big as they expand their EV lineup.
I still don’t think Tesla is the main competition. if you ask me, toyota I’d the top of the pile currently. Prius has been around forever, and Toyota’s reputation for build quality is unmatched.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I still don’t think Tesla is the main competition. if you ask me, toyota I’d the top of the pile currently. Prius has been around forever, and Toyota’s reputation for build quality is unmatched.
Toyota is the biggest automaker but they have been so resistant to making full EVs. If you ask people who the best or biggest EV maker in the world is, and the near universal answer has been Tesla. Ford picked their fight with Tesla and it was a smart move.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Toyota is the biggest automaker but they have been so resistant to making full EVs. If you ask people who the best or biggest EV maker in the world is, and the near universal answer has been Tesla. Ford picked their fight with Tesla and it was a smart move.
I get what you’re saying. But I’d bet there have been mor Prius’s sold than all Tesla’s combined. Yeah yeah, I know, most Prius’s are hybrids not Bev’, but I said what I said.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
I have my doubt as to how big the ev truck will be. Ranchers and construction will not want it.
If the F150 Lightning BEV has an EPA mileage ratio to an ICE F150 just the same as the ratio an MME has to an ICE Mustang, watch out.

I monitor the F150 forums also, and the main reason the Powerboost Hybrid is so popular, and scarce, is this, below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford stock. Any takers? Capturea.JPG

So, really, is it in the realm of possibility that the Lightning gets 1/2 the MME EPA rating?

Then how well would a full-size, AWD , F150 be received by people that need a truck, and put on lots of miles daily, locally?
Sponsored