Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
I can't seem to find a definitive answer, but it seems to me this is something purely Alexa-related? Or am I missing something?

Context: My "complimentary" Ford Streaming is about to expire and I honestly have no idea what it might be doing for me, or why I'd want to renew it (I don't use Alexa).
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No clue. Where did you see that message? In the car?

OP
OP
Rapid Ed

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
No clue. Where did you see that message? In the car?
I got an email. I have a '22 and apparently they come with one month of complimentary Ford Streaming, which I have now used up. But, I've read very little about what it does. The email itself makes it sound purely Alexa-related... but... I also can't imagine that people will pay an additional subscription fee just to use part of Alexa, so I feel like I might be missing something.

Text of email:

Don’t miss out. Renew your Ford Streaming service today to continue streaming your favorite music, podcasts, audiobooks, news — all the good stuff — just by asking Alexa. Without Ford Streaming, you can still access Alexa Skills and features, such as getting directions, checking the weather, controlling your smart home, and more.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Interesting. My car is very old, it came with complimentary wifi but I never enabled it. You probably won't miss whatever yours is and if so then you might be able to reinstate.

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have it in mine, it's tied to Alexa and Amazon music. With it you can have Alexa play any song for play list you what to hear. If you have android you can see play lists you have on amazon music.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have it in mine, it's tied to Alexa and Amazon music. With it you can have Alexa play any song for play list you what to hear. If you have android you can see play lists you have on amazon music.
Interesting - we can do the same from Spotify etc (via carplay or android auto )but cant tell the app to do it - or can we still use Alexa to stream from spotify - if so not missing anything right? Job 1 care here so no idea what Alexa does in the car

debsahu

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
As others have mentioned, its Alexa/Amazon related. If one doesnt use amazon music on CarPlay, Alexa can use the in-built modem to connect to amazon music to play songs.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Streaming: What the heck is it? Screenshot 2022-03-29 114938