Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
I got almost 18k on my car and got my sr rwd premium 02/21. I had the glass recall done where the dealer put in the customer satisfaction update and I have currently ota 2.8.3

For the last few weeks when I charge at home my Ford supplied charger shows a blue and an orange light at the same time and charges about half speed. I can unplug it and replug it, flip the breaker and reset it. Take the cord apart (where the cord plugs into the box) check for corrosion and plug back in and then it might run for a little whilr with no error, but when I come back it has almost always the blue and orange light on.

It charges. The charging speed is about half or less than normal.

I opened the wall plug and also the panel tp the breaker. The wires are all tight and I measure the voltage which I should have according to google on my nema plug.

I try to avoid any dealer visit if possible.

Is there anything else I should check?

Will the dealer cover a charger under watranty?

Whats the best way to do so?

20220603_083500.jpg
Sponsored

Rgogo44

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dealer replaced my Ford Wall Charger after roughly 1 month (and even reimbursed me for the electrician's fee to hang it). And they're not even the dealership that sold the vehicle

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer replaced my Ford Wall Charger after roughly 1 month (and even reimbursed me for the electrician's fee to hang it). And they're not even the dealership that sold the vehicle
What did you tell them?
Did you have to bring the car?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I got almost 18k on my car and got my sr rwd premium 02/21. I had the glass recall done where the dealer put in the customer satisfaction update and I have currently ota 2.8.3

For the last few weeks when I charge at home my Ford supplied charger shows a blue and an orange light at the same time and charges about half speed. I can unplug it and replug it, flip the breaker and reset it. Take the cord apart (where the cord plugs into the box) check for corrosion and plug back in and then it might run for a little whilr with no error, but when I come back it has almost always the blue and orange light on.

It charges. The charging speed is about half or less than normal.

I opened the wall plug and also the panel tp the breaker. The wires are all tight and I measure the voltage which I should have according to google on my nema plug.

I try to avoid any dealer visit if possible.

Is there anything else I should check?

Will the dealer cover a charger under watranty?

Whats the best way to do so?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford supplied charger acting up - what to do 20220603_083500
Hi there, Benjamin. This charging concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What did you tell them?
You'll have to call your local dealer and see how they want to handle it. Some service departments seem to just allow you to a) bring in the charger only b) take your word for it and order a new one and when it is in you come swap. Others will just require you to bring in the charger and your car and they'll do whatever they do.

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I have been experiencing the same issue with my Ford portable charger. However, I’ve had my Mach E for just over a year and the charger just started acting weird the last couple of weeks.

KennyCaphill

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
My charger went amber. The dealer wanted my car to diagnose the charger and it's been there for 3 weeks. Just got texted that they have to replace the charger cord but they also had a hell of time updating software in various modules (to the point where a tech from Ford had to come out) and then they have to replace the front axle shafts because they clunk on low speed turns.

I should have it back next week, thank god, because these gas prices are killing me!!!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The mobile charger is defective, it’s a well-documented problem on the forum. They all seem to go bad after being used for a while, I’d recommend buying a different brand of charger for everyday use.

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
I’m having the same issues all of a
Sudden after a year without issues now charger not working working and incorrect location showing up in the ford pass app try to delete it but it keeps coming back and will not charge to 90%like I have it set

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
Hi there, Benjamin. This charging concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I’m having same issues too all of a sudden never had a problem in my 12 months of ownership now charger not working

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
What did you tell them?
My mobile charger, which I use for all charging at home, stopped working after a year of use. The dealer asked me to bring it in. I was already taking the car in for something else so I don't know if they would have required me to bring in the car. They replaced the cord on the charger under warranty.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
My charger was DOA on delivery, the service department wanted an appointment, car etc- luckily I had to go in for other paperwork and the salesperson just exchanged the mobile charger for another one. Sounds like I need to test out the Level 2 charging with it before the 3 year warranty is up (never used.)

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Yeah mine is acting up and dealer wanted to see the car too…no thanks. I’ll try another dealer. Just swap out the charger, please. Although it’s not known if this issue has been fixed on newer chargers.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So ford motor company opened a ticket for me. Someone then called me and said there is a known problem with thr charger and I need a dealer visit.