Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Who saw this line:

“For Mustang Mach-E, BlueCruise comes standard on CA Route 1, Premium and First Edition variants.” (Emphasis added) Note that later, they break down the price of BlueCruise into its hardware and software costs, so clearly, they aren’t saying the hardware prep here. In fact, they’re careful to delineate that you can buy hardware prep separately on Select (and on lower level F150s). Sounds like BlueCruise will be no-cost for us, or Ford Marketing had some explaining to do ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks! It's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like maybe my route through Atlanta is included. I avoid social media, but maybe someone could ask Mike of they'd publish a bigger map if an interactive one is too much effort.
It's all the Interstates plus others:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Tests BlueCruise Hands-Free Driving in “Mother of All Road Trips” Ahead of Mach-E OTA Software Update Ey7bptDVgAAEGvd

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Tests BlueCruise Hands-Free Driving in “Mother of All Road Trips” Ahead of Mach-E OTA Software Update finalma

I'm surprised the Trans-Canada isn't there yet, though.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Hope they were working on the Plug & Charge issues, too.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It appears to include all the Interstate system, plus more.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Tests BlueCruise Hands-Free Driving in “Mother of All Road Trips” Ahead of Mach-E OTA Software Update Blue Zones
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Tests BlueCruise Hands-Free Driving in “Mother of All Road Trips” Ahead of Mach-E OTA Software Update Interstates finalma

I'm surprised they didn't include the Trans-Canada from the start.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Who saw this line:

“For Mustang Mach-E, BlueCruise comes standard on CA Route 1, Premium and First Edition variants.” (Emphasis added) Note that later, they break down the price of BlueCruise into its hardware and software costs, so clearly, they aren’t saying the hardware prep here. In fact, they’re careful to delineate that you can buy hardware prep separately on Select (and on lower level F150s). Sounds like BlueCruise will be no-cost for us, or Ford Marketing had some explaining to do ?
Being that they offered us early adopters a $100 incentive, to combat the $600 OTA cost, I think this was just marketing not making it totally clear how it works.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
The HARDWARE (ie the "prep package") is included on all but the base select MME but not the software. The software will sell for $600. On the Select trim you needed to buy the "comfort/tech" package for $2600, which includes the hardware for "Bluecruise" and other niceties like heated seats.
I understand how it's sold right now (where it's extra when the software is ready), but the article closes by saying the Mach-E Premium trims includes BlueCruise (right now it only includes hardware), and for the Select it is a $3200 all-inclusive option.

So I'm wondering if they'll bump the price of the Premium trims $600 to compensate for it, or if they'll get it "for free" compared to what the early adopters will be paying.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Too bad my commute isn't on that map yet. It's on the SuperCruise maps, so was hoping Ford would have it as well. It's not an interstate though, but still a divided highway, so hopefully it'll get added sooner than later.

I was intrigued by the mention of lane centering even without the hands-free on. This is something I miss from my Hyundai. It would lane center on most roads, regardless of having cruise on.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Tests BlueCruise Hands-Free Driving in “Mother of All Road Trips” Ahead of Mach-E OTA Software Update 1618406130424

Damian and I had the same thought. I wish it put this on the screen when active...
That was one of my first thoughts as well. However, I'm glad they didn't follow the logic of Blue's Clues too far: "The show follows an animated blue-spotted dog named Blue as she leaves a trail of clues/paw prints for the host and the viewers to figure out her plans for the day." That sounds a bit like Tesla's new Full Self Driving without turn signals that will know where you are going before you do. :p

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Dang, everyone already stole my BluesCruise jokes. Stupid time zones. Anyway, I really do want to thank Ford for giving this a real name, makes it way easier to understand. And great to hear the semi-official promise of lane change.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Well this should be fun! Looking forward to it.
Sponsored