Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I don't know if it's an error et they didn't describe correctly but I read in that paragraph that it will be free for Premium + owner

" For Mustang Mach-E, BlueCruise comes standard on CA Route 1, Premium and First Edition variants.

It’s an available package on the Select trim for $3,200 – $ 600 for the software and $2,600 for the rest of the package – as part of the larger Comfort and Technology package, which includes features such as a 360-degree camera, heated front seats and heated steering wheel."

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
I don't know if it's an error et they didn't describe correctly but I read in that paragraph that it will be free for Premium + owner

" For Mustang Mach-E, BlueCruise comes standard on CA Route 1, Premium and First Edition variants.

It’s an available package on the Select trim for $3,200 – $ 600 for the software and $2,600 for the rest of the package – as part of the larger Comfort and Technology package, which includes features such as a 360-degree camera, heated front seats and heated steering wheel."
That is how I read it too. I really hope that is true/accurate but I expect we will have to pay $600 to enable it.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

That is how I read it too. I really hope that is true/accurate but I expect we will have to pay $600 to enable it.
The cars include the hardware to do it but the software will cost the $600 (and it sounds like it will be a subscription beyond the 3 years).

-------------------------------
A question I have, although not relevant to us Mach-E drivers, is will BlueCruise work on an F-150 towing a trailer? That would be pretty impressive.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I’ve read a ton on this car and never saw a thing about there being a subscription until today.

Feeling like there bait that’s been tossed around for awhile

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I was intrigued by the mention of lane centering even without the hands-free on. This is something I miss from my Hyundai. It would lane center on most roads, regardless of having cruise on.
Doesn't the Mach-E already have this today? If you're going above a certain speed (I think 35 or 40 mph), it will detect when you're straying outside the lines and will first alert you (on the dashboard) and then gradually nudge you back into the lane. There's some level of customization in the car settings, but you also need to turn it on via the button on the steering wheel (I went almost 2 weeks without knowing this was a feature)

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ve read a ton on this car and never saw a thing about there being a subscription until today.

Feeling like there bait that’s been tossed around for awhile
Yep. We've known about the subscription for quite a while.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Doesn't the Mach-E already have this today? If you're going above a certain speed (I think 35 or 40 mph), it will detect when you're straying outside the lines and will first alert you (on the dashboard) and then gradually nudge you back into the lane. There's some level of customization in the car settings, but you also need to turn it on via the button on the steering wheel (I went almost 2 weeks without knowing this was a feature)
Yes, the hands-on-the-wheel lane centering is already in there. It's the hands-free that is new.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The article mentions "37 states", but that map sure looks like they touch all 50.
ALl 50 are in the map but they appear to have only reached 37 in the MOARTs.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Has anybody found a zoomable map yet? At first I was thinking this was only going to cover the interstates, but it looks like maaaaaybe it might cover my highway commute through town?! There is a very encouraging blue blur where Wichita is. :)

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Too bad my commute isn't on that map yet. It's on the SuperCruise maps, so was hoping Ford would have it as well. It's not an interstate though, but still a divided highway, so hopefully it'll get added sooner than later.

I was intrigued by the mention of lane centering even without the hands-free on. This is something I miss from my Hyundai. It would lane center on most roads, regardless of having cruise on.
I've noticed my car doing this from time to time without cruise activated, often when I'm near the right lane market. But it's not consistent - probably because I'm such an amazing driver that I'm always in the middle of the lane ?

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
The cars include the hardware to do it but the software will cost the $600 (and it sounds like it will be a subscription beyond the 3 years).

-------------------------------
A question I have, although not relevant to us Mach-E drivers, is will BlueCruise work on an F-150 towing a trailer? That would be pretty impressive.
That is how I've understood it from the beginning as well. But reading the press release it clearly states "BlueCruise is included". It doesn't say that BlueCruise hardware is already included in the following trim levels of the MME etc. 2 very different statements.

Maybe they have pivoted for current/gen 1 MME owners. It could be that they realized that our "early adopter" data is more valuable to them than $600. But again, I am fully expecting they will still charge $600 for the software and this is just a poorly worded statement.
Sponsored