Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
The MME already self adjusts speed and steers itself when in cruise control. What’s so great about taking your hands off the wheel???? Where you gonna put em?
Don’t ask questions you don’t want the answer to... you can’t unread some things. ?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ha Ha. Best to keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel, said Jim Morrison.
All that level 2 Ford Tech is designed to be "driver assistance", not driver replacement. The next level 3 Blue Cruise is pretty cool though and can't wait for it to come out this fall and test it on a drive from Wilmington to Raleigh, I-40.
This BlueCruise is only level 2.

Reactions: DBC

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
this is a family forum so I'm going to request certain people not answer this.

you know who you are. ?
I was going to put them on the handrails as I went back to the galley for a snack. That's all and you can't prove anything else :p

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
from Motortrend.com
“A driver-facing camera, meanwhile, keeps an eye on the driver's gaze—even when the driver is wearing sunglasses—and hand position to make sure the individual behind the wheel is ready to take back control of the vehicle if necessary”

hopefully it allow us to put our arm on the arm rest. From the video, it seems like your hand has to be on the lap.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
from Motortrend.com
“A driver-facing camera, meanwhile, keeps an eye on the driver's gaze—even when the driver is wearing sunglasses—and hand position to make sure the individual behind the wheel is ready to take back control of the vehicle if necessary”

hopefully it allow us to put our arm on the arm rest. From the video, it seems like your hand has to be on the lap.
I believe the text you highlighted was meant to say "head position."

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Well, I am here to dump on Tesla as much as the next person but don't conflate FSD with Autopilot. BlueCruise and Autopilot/Enhanced Autopilot are very, very close. The only difference is BlueCruise you can take your hand off the wheel, Autopilot/EAP you (in theory) must keep your hands on the wheel.
They aren't remotely the same for the two reasons I've mentioned. The two "Cruise" systems know what the road should look like and will notify the driver when what is expected and what is don't match; the Tesla system has no clue what the road should look like so it will never notify the driver of potential problems -- it's up to the driver to figure this out. Because the two "Cruise" systems monitor the driver they don't require hands on the wheel; the Tesla system does.

The Tesla system isn't a hands free system -- which is a negative -- but the bigger negative is its inability to anticipate problems. Why do you think this critical difference doesn't matter?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
If the $600 is only to take my hand off the wheel, there are much cheaper ways to trick the hand nanny. But if the highway mapping makes the car smarter and safer when it comes to bends in the road, then I think it’s worth it.

Don’t hate on me but I’ve just gotta say... BlueCruise is a super dumb name. Just call it Autopilot. Or FordPilot. Or anything that doesn’t sound like a Sunday morning kids show.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
If the $600 is only to take my hand off the wheel, there are much cheaper ways to trick the hand nanny. But if the highway mapping makes the car smarter and safer when it comes to bends in the road, then I think it’s worth it.

Don’t hate on me but I’ve just gotta say... BlueCruise is a super dumb name. Just call it Autopilot. Or FordPilot. Or anything that doesn’t sound like a Sunday morning kids show.
they were going to call it Mirak but that got shot down. Sorry

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
They aren't remotely the same for the two reasons I've mentioned. The two "Cruise" systems know what the road should look like and will notify the driver when what is expected and what is don't match; the Tesla system has no clue what the road should look like so it will never notify the driver of potential problems -- it's up to the driver to figure this out. Because the two "Cruise" systems monitor the driver they don't require hands on the wheel; the Tesla system does.

The Tesla system isn't a hands free system -- which is a negative -- but the bigger negative is its inability to anticipate problems. Why do you think this critical difference doesn't matter?
"Aren't remotely the same" would be if I was comparing BlueCruise to the door handles of the Tesla. Those two things are not remotely the same. BlueCruise and Autopilot/Enhanced Autopilot are actually extremely similar. They both offer automated lane keeping and radar-based cruise control. The differences in implementation don't actually impact their features, other than Ford does allow you to take your hands off the wheel where the Tesla system requires you (in theory) to keep your hands on the wheel, precisely because they don't have as good of a map as the Ford system. That is a key difference, and it is a difference. It does not mean that they are not "remotely the same" though, that's just nutty

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Huh. "BlueCruise"

I mean it's better than "Ford Co-Pilot 360 2.0 Active Drive Assist" was.

Makes me think of a cruise ship tour company though..
GM - Super Cruise
Ford - Blue Cruise
Stellantis - ??

I'm super excited for it though. I was a little afraid that it becomes another 'coming soon' joke we saw from Tesla on FSD. I hope you folks get it soon and it works great.
Sponsored

Last edited: