Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Now the interesting question here is "What EV will Ford be building there?"

F-150 BEV is getting its own new plant in Dearborn (Allen Park).
Mach-E is in Mexico.
The Lincoln/Rivian was scrapped or put on hold.
There is the VW/Ford one announced a while ago--not sure if there has been any news on that lately.

?? Profit ??

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Mach-E is in Mexico.
There is the VW/Ford one announced a while ago--not sure if there has been any news on that lately.

?? Profit ??
They have to build the production Cobra Jet 1400 somewhere. ?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Mach-E is in Mexico.

?? Profit ??
The Lincoln/Rivian was scrapped or put on hold. -- does not preclude Lincoln from doing an EV.

My guess for Oakville, Lincoln EV or Transit van EV.

OP
OP
ClaudeMach-E

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I

Mach-E is in Mexico.

?? Profit ??
I asked myself the question, but it could mean that Ford has some new EV's coming in it's sleeve. The article talks about five new EV for Ford, we know about a few of them like you mention and not forget the Transit EV all of which have already been assigned a plant in the US or Mexico so there's like you say a possibility of Ford building an EV build on the MEB VW platform, that will be interesting. And they won't be upgrading the plant before 2024.

Last edited:

OP
OP
ClaudeMach-E

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Lincoln/Rivian was scrapped or put on hold. -- does not preclude Lincoln from doing an EV.

I thought the Transit EV had already been assigned a plant in the US, I had read that somewhere.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag

I'm holding out hope that they just do a Lincoln version of the Mach-E from the same factory in Mexico. Oakville is still 4-5 years away from building EVs, so whatever project is going there is very early in development and not announced yet.

OP
OP
ClaudeMach-E

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm holding out hope that they just do a Lincoln version of the Mach-E from the same factory in Mexico. Oakville is still 4-5 years away from building EVs, so whatever project is going there is very early in development and not announced yet.
I was thinking about a future Escape EV maybe

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
If I'm not mistaken Oakville is home to Edge/Nautilus production and also previously the Flex/MKT.

Since Fusion/Edge/Nautilus will be ending, could it be the replacement for those.....hmmm.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I wish a full BEV Fusion was going to be a thing. My 2013 Fusion Energi is the highest quality car I have ever owned, and is better than many of the vehicles I rented in 2019 even. Although for 2019 I am told Ford cheapened it a bit for cost saving reasons, I know they know how to make a really, really great sedan. It's too bad almost nobody in the US wants a mainstream sedan.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Could it be a 2nd factory for a model. For example, maybe Mach E is so popular that Ford decided to stand up a 2nd factory so that they can build more of it. Does this kind of set up ever happen?

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I wish a full BEV Fusion was going to be a thing. My 2013 Fusion Energi is the highest quality car I have ever owned, and is better than many of the vehicles I rented in 2019 even. Although for 2019 I am told Ford cheapened it a bit for cost saving reasons, I know they know how to make a really, really great sedan. It's too bad almost nobody in the US wants a mainstream sedan.
I agree with you on the Fusions. The first few years of the last generation model (2013-16) were great, and I loved my 2015, but I rented a few of the newer ones and they definitely had a cheaper feel to them. In general, most Ford products I've owned followed that same pattern. The bean counters start to get involved after they've been in production awhile and they find ways to diminish the product after they've aged.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
We had a 2016 Energi, and traded it in last December for a 2019. I thought the quality was better - especially the interior. Our 16 did not have a heated steering wheel, or cooled seats. For a sedan, they are a great car, and comfortable to drive. Just not fun to get out with a bad knee.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
We had a 2016 Energi, and traded it in last December for a 2019. I thought the quality was better - especially the interior. Our 16 did not have a heated steering wheel, or cooled seats. For a sedan, they are a great car, and comfortable to drive. Just not fun to get out with a bad knee.
The FB group I am in regularly complains about removal of noiseproofing insulation and... Some other feature I have, I forget what it is right now.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
John - same car (2019) as my wife. Great appointments and incredibly comfortable (other than for your knee). Certainly not a performance car, but for the price paid, appointed better than any other car out there.
Sponsored