John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
John - same car (2019) as my wife. Great appointments and incredibly comfortable (other than for your knee). Certainly not a performance car, but for the price paid, appointed better than any other car out there.
Yeah, the only downside of this car is the trunk full of battery. But for my wife, she loves it.
Sponsored

Reactions: abr

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
An important announcement was made 0n sept 22 that Ford will convert the Oakville, Ont plant for making EV's after they signed an agreement with the UNIFOR syndicate and that the provincial and federal government agreed to make a $500M grant to convert the plant.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ford-oakville-electric-vehicles-1.5733943
The Oakville plant is actually the original plant where the Mach-E was meant to be made. I learned this only because my (now retired) neighbor worked on the project. He was really surprised when I told him the car was being built in Mexico because he said when he was on the project it was supposed to be made at Oakville.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
The Oakville plant is actually the original plant where the Mach-E was meant to be made. I learned this only because my (now retired) neighbor worked on the project. He was really surprised when I told him the car was being built in Mexico because he said when he was on the project it was supposed to be made at Oakville.
I thought the Mach-E was originally supposed to be built at Flat Rock along side the conventional Mustang.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Interestingly, Ford will not as they claimed become the "first automotive manufacturer to build fully electric vehicles in Canada" in 2024 after GM's announcement over the weekend that CAMI will build the just-announced BrightDrop EV600 BEV van by November of this year.