Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Mach-E Owners (1/31/24 Update)

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
This made me smile. Accessories.Ford.com... Yes, they can send out parts no problem. Unlikely to be done at the dealership since they have said SEND and said it would ship for free.
I started at parts.ford.com and it wanted to find a local dealer for me. Didn't know about accessories...
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
i have a ford account that i used to order my mach-e.
Maybe it is semantics, but technically the dealer ordered the car. The Ford web site was just used to get your request to a dealer, which started the process. Integrating systems within Ford is one thing. Integrating systems with all the independent dealers is harder.

Regardless, I do not think the dealers will be involved with sending out adapters.

Ford has my address because they sent me a recall notice. So in theory, all I need to do is confirm I still own the car, and they will send me an adapter.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Maybe it is semantics, but technically the dealer ordered the car. The Ford web site was just used to get your request to a dealer, which started the process. Integrating systems within Ford is one thing. Integrating systems with all the independent dealers is harder.

Regardless, I do not think the dealers will be involved with sending out adapters.

Ford has my address because they sent me a recall notice. So in theory, all I need to do is confirm I still own the car, and they will send me an adapter.
thanks mike - you went the long way around the block but ended up back where i was. 👍

lightnin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD X batt, 2018 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired IT
Country flag
Me too. Am
Planning a family reunion 650 miles and 5 states away in July. Have got range anxiety and knowing the Tesla Network could be available is awesome.

Would be wonderful to show the new MME to my family in PA. Can anybody comment on charging stations along I-81 in VA and up to Carlisle, PA?
Ev, not sure of your planned route, but if you go up I-26 to I-81, there are both CCS (Mach-E) and Tesla chargers at the Pinnacle, just south of the VA state line.

You can use any of several charger mapping web sites to plan your route (plugshare.com, driveelectric.gov/stations, etc.) Smart phone apps to do this are better on the day of travel since they should show which chargers are available for use. Just eyeballing I-81 it looks like you should have no problem finding chargers.

roland farm

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e California edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You can see in the picture that there are no AC voltage pins in the adapter for J 1772.
I wonder if "eligible" means first time new vehicle owners purchased from a Ford dealer.?

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Maybe this has already been answered ( I haven't read all 22 pages of this thread yet) or maybe I am premature but is there a mechanism for reserving the adapter yet?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reactions: SWO

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I wonder if "eligible" means first time new vehicle owners purchased from a Ford dealer.?
If you've read all 22+ pages of this thread you would already know the answer to that...

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
See this is my issue with Ford making the announcement. The company's CEO makes the announcement about providing the adapters free of charge and tells people that the adapters will be sent to the appropriate owners. And yet they don't provide any timeline for availability or a website to sign up. It's all done on a wing and prayer with media outlets getting a response of "soon" when they ask Ford for info. Geez!

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
See this is my issue with Ford making the announcement. The company's CEO makes the announcement about providing the adapters free of charge and tells people that the adapters will be sent to the appropriate owners. And yet they don't provide any timeline for availability or a website to sign up. It's all done on a wing and prayer with media outlets getting a response of "soon" when they ask Ford for info. Geez!
Sounds like Tesla.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sounds like Tesla.
Maybe. But Ford has had time to figure this out. Work on the logistics, availability, number of units that the manufacturer can produce in X timeframe and other important things before making this announcement. That way when you make this announcement, you can tell the media and other concerned parties something other than "soon". It seems more like fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants instead of a well thought out and carefully planned rollout.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well my thought was it was more to settle the “was it going to be free or not issue.” Ford mentioned, I believe, a spring time release so to me that means between Mar 21 and Jun 21. Personally I do not care because we do not have a Tesla network here in Alaska. My guess is they will be rolling information out shortly though and well before the network is open for use. Hopefully they will wait until they get around 100,000 manufactured because I would imagine everyone, even myself, will get them and expect them yesterday!
Sponsored