JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...te-for-100-ordering-process-discussions.1399/

"We’ve confirmed with our sources that reservations will open for the 2021 Ford Bronco (larger body-on-frame model) during the July 13 reveal, just like Ford did at the Mustang Mach-E reveal! Both the 2-door and 4-door Broncos will be open for reservations.

Unlike the Mach-E which required a $500 deposit, reservations for the 2021 Bronco will only require a $100 deposit (fully refundable). The ordering process is expected to follow the Mach-E reservation/order model, where the reservation holder will choose a preferred Ford dealer at the time of reservation. Reservations will then be converted to actual orders when the Bronco order bank opens, upon which time the reservation holder can choose their final dealers (either original or new dealer) with which they wish to negotiate and purchase from.

And as reported earlier, that conversion date will be sometime December 2020, when order banks for the body-on-frame Bronco will open. Deliveries will take place beginning April 2021."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bronco will only require a $100 deposit. So those dealers that didn't jump on the board for the Mach-E will be missing out on the Bronco. They may want to get with it since Ford is expecting to sell 200k Broncos.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hope Ford learns from the Mach-E run and build into the ordering system a easier way for users to change dealership. OR force dealers to not charge ADM.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps, Tesla did a similar thing: For the cars the deposit was $1000, for the "Cybertruck" only $100.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Perhaps, Tesla did a similar thing: For the cars the deposit was $1000, for the "Cybertruck" only $100.
Which could explain the large number or Cybertruck reservations.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Which could explain the large number or Cybertruck reservations.
It's a social media thing. At only $100, people can post on IG or Facebook that they "bought" a Cybertruck but they really aren't planning on buying one.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I would be really curious as to if/when we might see an electric Bronco. I would truly love a Bronco, but with my Mach E on order and my desire to never again own a gas-powered vehicle, it would be great if we could see an electric Bronco in the no too distant future. Obviously, range would not be amazing with it being extremely wind resistant.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I would be really curious as to if/when we might see an electric Bronco. I would truly love a Bronco, but with my Mach E on order and my desire to never again own a gas-powered vehicle, it would be great if we could see an electric Bronco in the no too distant future. Obviously, range would not be amazing with it being extremely wind resistant.
One question would the obtaining a supply of battery packs. Ford does not have their own. GM is building theirs across from their old Lordstown, OH plant. The other question would be the "platform" and fitting a battery pack(s) into it. I'm assuming a new platform would be needed which could mean five to six years from now before a BEV Bronco arrives. Rivian recently confirmed that a smaller off-road vehicle is under development and could arrive in 2023.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Now all the Bronco fans are sitting on ford.com....refresh....refresh....refresh... ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I tried to get into the configuration system to answer questions. Nope. Lots of this screen:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford to use the same reservation system for the Bronco Screenshot 2020-07-13 21.34.03

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I get all the way to reserving and accepting terms and then a white blank screen. I figured what the hell, I can get the $100 back. Just a blank screen with an x in the upper right. On my iPhone. On my iPad I refreshed so many times that access is denied to ny Ford site.
Sponsored