Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
So on another topic, here's something that's always bugged me. Look at these 2 pictures of the center screen. Look at the very nice, bezel-free center screen shown on one part of the Ford website. Now look at the other picture which is the screen that will apparently be the one you get. Notice the relatively large bezels. Why does Ford still show the nicer, bezel-free picture when it's not the production version? This should be removed, it's misleading. Actually, as I look at it, for the first time I notice this is also true of the display in front of the driver.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Updates on Mach-E Reservations, Order Bank, Cancellations, Test Drives, Deliveries Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 10.40.09 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Updates on Mach-E Reservations, Order Bank, Cancellations, Test Drives, Deliveries 21_FRD_MCH_48340_XL.jpg.renditions.lar

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
So on another topic, here's something that's always bugged me. Look at these 2 pictures of the center screen. Look at the very nice, bezel-free center screen shown on one part of the Ford website. Now look at the other picture which is the screen that will apparently be the one you get. Notice the relatively large bezels. Why does Ford still show the nicer, bezel-free picture when it's not the production version? This should be removed, it's misleading. Actually, as I look at it, for the first time I notice this is also true of the display in front of the driver.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Updates on Mach-E Reservations, Order Bank, Cancellations, Test Drives, Deliveries 21_FRD_MCH_48340_XL.jpg.renditions.lar

I assume that is artistic license with whomever did the rendering. I agree that it should be as accurate as possible. I'm not sure how "down to a gnats ass" they are trying to be with them, especially renderings that might have been done earlier in the process.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
But I do agree that the first design looks much cleaner and nicer for both the center screen and the driver’s display.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Once again, on the UK website for FAQ's, it states the no further payment is required at the confirm order stage
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Updates on Mach-E Reservations, Order Bank, Cancellations, Test Drives, Deliveries Screenshot_20200430-173704_Samsung Internet

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I assume that is artistic license with whomever did the rendering. I agree that it should be as accurate as possible. I'm not sure how "down to a gnats ass" they are trying to be with them, especially renderings that might have been done earlier in the process.
I agree, but since the display in the 2nd picture is the unit they're going with, eliminate the nicer, first picture. It's just misleading and at this late date, has no reason for being there.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
On the US pages the only trim that is showing 2020 is Premium (the GT still shows Spring 2021):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Updates on Mach-E Reservations, Order Bank, Cancellations, Test Drives, Deliveries Screenshot_20200430-173704_Samsung Internet
yes, but that has always been like that.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After thinking about this and reading the previous posts, I believe that Ford will:
1. Let us firm up or configurations and have our cars made and delivered to the Dealership.
2. Let us test drive our cars and refund our deposits if we decide not to buy...up until that time or a short time after the test drive.

This is because the dealers will be glad to take these hard to get cars into their inventories and sell them to someone else during this first year if we don't take them. Ford may be sweetening this for dealers in some way like providing a "carrying cost" for them or allowing them to sell them for more than the MSRP.

This now making sense to me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I guess I don't understand what you are complaining about. I just went to the Mach E website at
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/
and every picture I see has the bezel around the screen, including seeing your 2nd picture. Where are you finding renderings of the touch screen without a bezel like the first one you showed?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Gotcha. That's probably unique to the company that did the renderings for that part of the site. It certainly would have been better for them to get that rendering right. At least all of the site before you get to the configure tool has consistent images.
The problem is when you’re ‘building’ your car, that’s the image you see. I’m into video, so all our TVs have virtually no bezels. The aesthetic is so much nicer.

I think the real question is why they didn’t go with the sleeker, bezel-free design. I’m assuming it’s cost. It’s certainly not like tablets like this aren’t available. It’s no different with the Polestar’s center screen, thick bezels. But at least you can’t find any pictures on their website that show a bezel-free design.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The problem is when you’re ‘building’ your car, that’s the image you see. I’m into video, so all our TVs have virtually no bezels. The aesthetic is so much nicer.

I think the real question is why they didn’t go with the sleeker, bezel-free design. I’m assuming it’s cost. It’s certainly not like tablets like this aren’t available. It’s no different with the Polestar’s center screen, thick bezels. But at least you can’t find any pictures on their website that show a bezel-free design.
It could be cost but it could also be durability. That thing is gonna get smacked.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know if this helps but here are two pictures I took of the prototyype at the Cleveland Auto show back in February. The prototype had the bezel on the center stack. I was lucky enough to get up close to the car.

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG