grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Here's my theory. I think that Ford will make the cars for dealers (Europe & US) first just to get them made and out for test drives and to get them shipped. I think that the FE's will next so that the dealer demos and FE's for Europe can be shipped as it takes a little longer to get over here. The dealer demos for Europe will then be delivered while FE's are held at a VHC for a couple of weeks before 'launch'. Premiums will then come down the line next. Pot luck with this one unless they do go with reservation numbers. Even so I think European ones will get made first so that they can get shipped. US ones can be made after as they would be easier to deliver. Europe ones HAVE to come by boat, US ones can go by road/rail. That way we can all get some at the same time. Of course this all depends on Ford getting the necessary supplies needed. If they only have enough batteries for 3000 then that's all that will get made. At least if there is a delay it gives me more time to save. I really like this car and wouldn't like to have to cancel it. Hopefully we will have some more up to date information in a few weeks.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Better communication would certainly be appreciated by many of us.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm sure that as soon as they know anything they will tell us. Until the production line can start and the first car rolls of the end all we can do is speculate.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think the broader info we're getting from Ford about the Mach-e has been reasonable good for a vehicle that wasn't even supposed to be sold until late-2020.

The dealerships, however, are a whole different matter. Info from them has been zilch for most of us.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Why can't you just return it before the 7 day return period, for a full refund? Isn't that what the return period is for? New car with new tech and no test drive would be nuts otherwise.
Telsa does it and some dealerships of other brands have similar policies. For instance, at Planet dealerships (Planet Honda, Planet Fordn etc.) around here, they have a 5-day, 250-mile money-back guarantee.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think the broader info we're getting from Ford about the Mach-e has been reasonable good for a vehicle that wasn't even supposed to be sold until late-2020.

The dealerships, however, are a whole different matter. Info from them has been zilch for most of us.
Keep in mind a lot of the information you have comes from this forum, whose source is: insiders who are members, leaked information and interviews from other websites, EV community press/notables who've had exclusive access, and plain old conjecture/best guessing from reading the tea leaves.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
dbsb3233 said:

Keep in mind a lot of the information you have comes from this forum, whose source is: insiders who are members, leaked information and interviews from other websites, EV community press/notables who've had exclusive access, and plain old conjecture/best guessing from reading the tea leaves.
Yes and keep in mind that many Ford dealers were not EV certified before the Mach-E was announced. They have some catching up to do.

There was a dealer bulletin sent out today advising these newly EV certified dealers that they have 90 days (July 17) to complete the EV sales and service training courses assigned to them. The Mach-E specific training classes will start in June.

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
The auto journalists and car reviewers will get the cars to the review before any customers get a test drive. So if you are on the fence, you can check out the reviews before you commit to anything. I reserved a GT, so I have time, and I'm not in a hurry.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
dbsb3233 said:

Yes and keep in mind that many Ford dealers were not EV certified before the Mach-E was announced. They have some catching up to do.

There was a dealer bulletin sent out today advising these newly EV certified dealers that they have 90 days (July 17) to complete the EV sales and service training courses assigned to them. The Mach-E specific training classes will start in June.
Maybe after those classes most of them will know almost as much as we've learned here. ;)

Was a June start for training always the plan? It seems odd they would have planned to bring us in for reservation-to-order conversions in May only to be handled by an untrained sales force.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Maybe after those classes most of them will know almost as much as we've learned here. ;)

Was a June start for training always the plan? It seems odd they would have planned to bring us in for reservation-to-order conversions in May only to be handled by an untrained sales force.
There was supposed to be order conversion training available in April. I think the plan was for a vast majority of customers to order online by themselves, so there wouldn’t have to be a whole lot of dealer training.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-deposit-conversion-detailed-for-dealers.616/

Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Just got a call from my dealer (The Netherlands): they want me to sign the final contract next week. No test drives, no final specs, etc...

I am seriously thinking about cancelling...

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
That’s crazy. You’ve got to demand that they guarantee your deposit is refundable if you don’t want the car, for whatever reason, once you finally get to test drive the car. Get it in writing. If they don’t agree to that, walk away...quickly.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
An update on test drives. Have just gone on to the UK Ford website and to the preorder
F A Q's page and found this. It did originally state that the MME would be available for test drives late 2020
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Updates on Mach-E Reservations, Order Bank, Cancellations, Test Drives, Deliveries 20200430_124730

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
An update on test drives. Have just gone on to the UK Ford website and to the preorder
F A Q's page and found this. It did originally state that the MME would be available for test drives late 2020
That’s not a great sign. Hard to believe there will be any UK deliveries in 2020 if even dealers don’t have cars until 2021.
Sponsored