ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I agree, but since the display in the 2nd picture is the unit they're going with, eliminate the nicer, first picture. It's just misleading and at this late date, has no reason for being there.
Someone Photoshop added that display image, since it's a computer image not a picture. They didn't place it to match the real dimensions.

On an edge lit lcd display there needs to be room for the led strips along the sides, on a more expensive led backlight display that space isn't needed. You get better contrast and even brightness with a backlight display but they are more expensive.

I usually rest finger(s) against the bezel if I have to select something near the edges of a screen, since in a moving vehicle hitting a bump causes my hand to move around and select the wrong item 5-10% of the time.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
TOBG, thanks, but I know the final product will be the screen with the wide bezels. I’m just not sure the typical buyer will. ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
When I ordered my C-Max they did it in 1 month, so its possible.
It wasn't Ford, but when I factory ordered my loaded 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid back in the day (they didn't order full-fat configurations for the dealer lot), it showed up about three weeks after the order, which, considering it had to be shipped to Ohio, I thought was pretty good. So I agree that it's completely possible, assuming that the scheduling on the line and the speed of the line cooperates.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
When I ordered my Focus Electric (FFE) it was 3 months and my dealer is right across the street from the plant (er was, they make Rangers there now). Granted the FFE's were pretty much hand built since they were such a low volume vehicle (I had heard that engineers would walk down the line with the car as it was assembled).

They couldn't drive the car from the plant to the dealer. It had to be loaded on a car carrier, drove across the street, and unloaded LOL.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
There are some Dutch contributors on another discussion on this forum who have stated that their dealers have told them that they are to confirm their orders during the next few weeks. Maybe this means that the European cars will be prioritised for first production. Could this be due to the heavy fines that are likely to be applied if they miss their co2 level targets this year set bt the EU. If this is the case then I will ??

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are some Dutch contributors on another discussion on this forum who have stated that their dealers have told them that they are to confirm their orders during the next few weeks. Maybe this means that the European cars will be prioritised for first production. Could this be due to the heavy fines that are likely to be applied if they miss their co2 level targets this year set bt the EU. If this is the case then I will ??
Do EU regulations even apply in the UK anymore? If not, it might effect EU delivery but not UK.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like 2020 isn't much of an issue, but 2021 is. And all the major manufacturers are gonna miss those EU targets anyway...

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/ma...e-125bn-fines-for-missing-eu-emission-targets

Further adding to that is the economic catastrophe from the virus response. Wouldn't surprise me if those fines get pushed back a year.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Will I be able to test drive the vehicle before I purchase?

Yes, Ford dealers who are EV Certified to sell the Mustang Mach-E will have at least one vehicle dedicated to test drive as soon as they are available (late 2020).

This statement above was taken from the thread entitled 'Mach e F A Q from 24 Jan posted by golfer. As he comes from Vegas presumably he got this from the US Ford website. Should provide the answer for some of you on here

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Do EU regulations even apply in the UK anymore? If not, it might effect EU delivery but not UK.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like 2020 isn't much of an issue, but 2021 is. And all the major manufacturers are gonna miss those EU targets anyway...

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/ma...e-125bn-fines-for-missing-eu-emission-targets

Further adding to that is the economic catastrophe from the virus response. Wouldn't surprise me if those fines get pushed back a year.
We are still adhering to EU rules until 31/12 but a lot of the vehicle rules will still be the same. Our government has already stated that. I doubt very much if the fines will be put back a year . EU will need to recoup some money from somewhere. The fines, I think, are on a sliding scale so any reduction will lessen the fine

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if avoiding the fines is dependent on purchase or delivery? Could that be part of the push in the Netherlands?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I wonder if avoiding the fines is dependent on purchase or delivery? Could that be part of the push in the Netherlands?
I would imagine it's dependent on registration

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most likely it's purchase date, i.e. when the actual sale takes place that transfers ownership from dealer to customer.

Purchase date would typically be the same as delivery date (you finalize the bill of sale and drive away with the car). I'm guessing you might have really meant order date? Which for this first wave, will be months in advance. But the customer can always back out of an order prior to actual purchase, so that surely wouldn't be the timing. And since it's a manufacturer regulation rather than a customer one, it's likely tied to the actually purchase (bill of sale).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I doubt very much if the fines will be put back a year . EU will need to recoup some money from somewhere.
It's a classic Catch-22. Government will be WAY short on tax revenues this year (and probably the next few at least) because of all the economic carnage from virus shutdowns. But doing things to hurt a major industry (like the auto industry) already struggling will just further damage those revenues.

Either way, it's a problem.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Most likely it's purchase date, i.e. when the actual sale takes place that transfers ownership from dealer to customer.

Purchase date would typically be the same as delivery date (you finalize the bill of sale and drive away with the car). I'm guessing you might have really meant order date? Which for this first wave, will be months in advance. But the customer can always back out of an order prior to actual purchase, so that surely wouldn't be the timing. And since it's a manufacturer regulation rather than a customer one, it's likely tied to the actually purchase (bill of sale).
That makes sense. At this point they may want to make sure every car shipped in is actually sold right away.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That makes sense. At this point they may want to make sure every car shipped in is actually sold right away.
Yep. Or has an order agreement in place, which is as close as they can get at this point. There's still chance of cancellation (they've said buyers can cancel at least until they can test drive one), but an order agreement is usually more solid than a simple reservation for a place in line like we have now.

But if that's the reasoning (wanting solid orders for European sales so they know what configurations to manufacture at the plant to load up for transatlantic transport for a narrowing sale window before end-of-year), then we'd likely be seeing other European countries setting a May order date too. I don't think we have yet. So who knows.
Sponsored