MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Was a Toyota fan until they went against California. One of the reasons I am buying a Ford now.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Sigh, I don't want to get political. And I certainly don't want to defend Trump either. But people can disagree on government involvement or the way it is involved in things without wanting to "increase" or "accelerate" anything.

I'm against the Federal tax credit and the EPA. That doesn't mean I hate the environment. I'm looking at buying an electric car to be powered by my solar panels on my roof.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's your opinion, and I didn't even say anything about a "free market". You also proved my point. You've already dismissed my entire viewpoint without even willing to hear it.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only suggestion I have made (and the only reason that I have commented in the first place) is that it's worth listening to the viewpoints of others instead of outright dismissing them. I haven't come here to argue policy or other details. I think that would be a complete waste of my time anyway.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn't. Nor do we need to 100%. Such absolutes are unrealistic IMO. It's not about "100%", it's about as much as reasonably possible.

The better BEVs (i.e. batteries and charging) get, the more market share they will gain. Real change takes place when truly better alternatives come along to replace the old. And solve more needs and usages.

Current BEVs can get around 30% way there IMO. As batteries improve range and shorter charging becomes a reality, that % will grow. It's all about handling more and being more capable. More residential charging ability for apartments and condos is another piece.

At the same time, when cheap autonomous taxi service (which will logically be EV) gets perfected, it will start displacing a lot of personal car ownership.

And finally, other new technologies (like fuel cells) could get perfected.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How many times are you going to put words in my mouth? When did I say this: "government policy for common good was not the way to go"? You asked me a question and, again, I refuse to answer it. I have no desire debating the subject with someone who has already accused me of having certain opinions or viewpoints that I have never expressed.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some of your word choices suggest you're looking to drag us into a headache-inducing political fight. Sorry, not going there. There's plenty of places for that (too many), and I hope this forum dedicated to the Mach-e doesn't degrade into one of them.

I love seeing great new technology and new choices for consumers. Not only do I believe it's the way real progress is made, it's also a lot more fun (and friendly) to talk about. So I'll do that.

Have a good evening.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Hey, I think ICE vehicles should be phased out and new sales prohibited by 2030. That does not mean I'm unwilling to listen to alternative ideas as some others are. If you actually care about the environment--and not just scoring"points"--listen to others and help reach a consensus. It is impossible to reach a consensus without listening to--and respecting--viewpoints that conflict with your own. All "scoring points" does is to force an impasse. Then nothing to very little gets done to help the planet. If you actually give a damn about the planet, start listening to and respecting other opinions. Even if you absolutely know you're right. ESPECIALLY if you absolutely know you're right.

Think of it this way. You're out mowing your lawn. You're mowing in parallel strips. I come over and say "You fucking idiot!! You need to mow diagonally! How stupid are you? We've known for twenty years that mowing diagonally is better! You had better shape up or I'll be pissed and start a protest!" What are you going to do? If you're like almost every human being on the planet you are going to mow in parallel strips for the rest of your life just to spite me. Now, if I come over with a six-pack to share and a couple of lawn chairs, and then ease into a conversation about how I read how great mowing diagonally was, and then listened to you about how you've always mowed this way, and I say "Yeah, me too. But I finally tried the whole diagonal thing. And you know what? My lawn looks better and I spend less time mowing." Guess what? You're going to try mowing diagonally.

So you need to decide: Do you actually, really, no shit care about climate change, or do you want to score points?
Sponsored