Ford will be bankrupt in less than 4 years

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I hesitated to even post this video, as I would rather Zac and Jessie not get any more views but in the end I think it shows how rabid they've become. If you don't own a Tesla, you are nothing to them. It's clear their mission is not to move to a green economy, but it is to pump Tesla.

They really, truly believe that the Cybertruck will (a) be released (I personally question whether it will ever even go to production), (b) be released on time, (c) appeal to the same people who the Ford F-150 appeals to (well, I live in Texas, the state that buys the most F-150s and I can definitely tell you that ain't true) and that it will almost single-handedly kill Ford.

They move on to knock Ford's range extender (e.g., generator). They clearly don't know construction. Contractors (like the ones who drive F-150s) already drive around with generators for the job site. Imagine if you didn't have to do that anymore, and your vehicle *comes with its own generator*! It is a fantastic idea and does double-duty as not only a range extender, but a job site tool.

Third, in a move that I legitimately don't know whether they are just that dumb or they are intentionally misleading, they show Ford's balance sheet for 2019 vs. 2020 and say, "Look nobody wants to buy Fords their sales are dropping" but they completely fail to mention "the elephant in the room" (you know what I mean, we shall not mention it's name) which is the cause. They say, "but Tesla is still selling lots of vehicles" .. and again, are they just that stupid? Tesla is selling vehicles that were reserved *before* the "we shall not mention its name" started. And, they are selling only the highest-priced versions (to rich folks, who are not impacted by "we shall not mention its name"). Clearly construction and business (the main buyers of the F-150) are the most impacted by "we shall not mention its name".

Last, and pertinent to us here on the forum, they address the Mach E. Quotes, "They couldn't even make enough of these if they wanted"; "What about it, first of all its not out yet" (but yet they are so confident in the Cybertruck which is still at least 2 years away?) With respect to Ford dropping the Mach E price, they say, "probably because sales are soft".

Here is the link to the video so you can fact-check me in context. But, do with with ad block on, please.

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Eh, I don't need context here.

If the Cybertruck ever comes out, some soccer dads will buy it on the coasts (and Austin I guess) in place of an F-150. But yeah, nobody using their truck in construction, farming/ranching, etc. will ever get one, if for no other reason than everyone else laughing and pointing.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There is definitely an unwarranted euphoria about Tesla that will eventually sober. Oddly enough, last night I was just reading about the "tulipomania" that took over the netherlands in 1636. It is just one example of the many times throughout history that a frenzy inflates prices to ridiculous levels - and there is always an inevitable crash.

Tesla did a horrible job just getting half a million cars out in one year fully assembled, and yet somehow they're going to magically scale up to millions?

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
They are 100% fanboys. Funny, a lot of things they say for views. Ford is in great shape. By the way, ford did not take a government bailout. The other car manufacturers did. Ford didn't use any tax money. They had a loan. Not government bailout take over.
Not to mention that if other auto manufacturers stop buying emissions credits from Tesla, they're toast.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
They are 100% fanboys. Funny, a lot of things they say for views. Ford is in great shape. By the way, ford did not take a government bailout. The other car manufacturers did. Ford didn't use any tax money. They had a loan. Not government bailout take over.
I agree, it’s just click bait. Eye-grabbing titles and positions get more views, just like how reality shows need to show people in conflict as opposed to everyone getting along and being reasonable with each other.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
By the way, ford did not take a government bailout. The other car manufacturers did. Ford didn't use any tax money. They had a loan. Not government bailout take over.
This is true but unfortunate for Ford. GM was able to eliminate its debt and move forward in much better financial shape. I also wouldn't describe the quick rinse bankruptcy engineered by the Obama administration -- an incredibly brilliant legal move both well conceived and executed -- as a "takeover".

Also note that since Ford shared suppliers with GM and Chrysler, this actually benefited Ford.

Of some interest, probably mostly forgotten, Tesla was also bailed out by the Obama administration.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
No need to watch the video 'cause you eloquently provided all their content. And 'cause they burned me in the past and I haven't forgotten: "Now You Know" and a science-themed logo doesn't mean I'm about to be properly educated.

Their status as Tesla-stans was 100% sealed when I accidentally encountered those two kids in a Fully Charged Show, Austin, TX panel discussion with Chelsea Sexton, Benjamin Sullins, and an ultra-Tesla-stan. The video is now removed. I wonder why? I can't find it anywhere... But we discussed it here.

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I hesitated to even post this video, as I would rather Zac and Jessie not get any more views but in the end I think it shows how rabid they've become. If you don't own a Tesla, you are nothing to them. It's clear their mission is not to move to a green economy, but it is to pump Tesla.

They really, truly believe that the Cybertruck will (a) be released (I personally question whether it will ever even go to production), (b) be released on time, (c) appeal to the same people who the Ford F-150 appeals to (well, I live in Texas, the state that buys the most F-150s and I can definitely tell you that ain't true) and that it will almost single-handedly kill Ford.

They move on to knock Ford's range extender (e.g., generator). They clearly don't know construction. Contractors (like the ones who drive F-150s) already drive around with generators for the job site. Imagine if you didn't have to do that anymore, and your vehicle *comes with its own generator*! It is a fantastic idea and does double-duty as not only a range extender, but a job site tool.

Third, in a move that I legitimately don't know whether they are just that dumb or they are intentionally misleading, they show Ford's balance sheet for 2019 vs. 2020 and say, "Look nobody wants to buy Fords their sales are dropping" but they completely fail to mention "the elephant in the room" (you know what I mean, we shall not mention it's name) which is the cause. They say, "but Tesla is still selling lots of vehicles" .. and again, are they just that stupid? Tesla is selling vehicles that were reserved *before* the "we shall not mention its name" started. And, they are selling only the highest-priced versions (to rich folks, who are not impacted by "we shall not mention its name"). Clearly construction and business (the main buyers of the F-150) are the most impacted by "we shall not mention its name".

Last, and pertinent to us here on the forum, they address the Mach E. Quotes, "They couldn't even make enough of these if they wanted"; "What about it, first of all its not out yet" (but yet they are so confident in the Cybertruck which is still at least 2 years away?) With respect to Ford dropping the Mach E price, they say, "probably because sales are soft".

Here is the link to the video so you can fact-check me in context. But, do with with ad block on, please.

I'm not even interested in giving them a view. Putting their link in here does just that.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Tesla shills have an OBSESSION with every other competitor going bankrupt. They only care about their $$$/stock price while parading around as being environmentally conscious. Really disgusting people.
It's funny because I remember a few years ago when they were all altruistic, talking about how they wanted all manufacturers to get into the EV game. Well, now their old wish is coming true, and they're showing their true colors. They're pretty much just Musk cultists at this point.

I suspect that the scenario they envisioned had Tesla in a much more high-volume and dominant market position before legacy OEMs "got wise." In reality, Tesla's starting to show cracks and the competition is getting uncomfortable. Several legacy competitors (namely Ford with the Mach E/BEV-150 and GM with the Hummer and Lyriq) look like their upcoming products will out-do Tesla in their own games of flashy performance and tech without the suspect build quality. Other legacy competitors (VW and Kia/Hyundai spring to mind here, plus the Bolt) don't have offerings that are necessarily superior to Tesla, but may offer better value from a purely cost and quality perspective. Finally, Rivian and potentially Lucid look like they could eat Tesla's lunch in the startup EV manufacturer space.

I'm starting to think those guys are getting nervous, and that insecurity is driving their venom. Telsa did have an amazing opportunity from around 2014 to whenever the Porsche Taycan went on sale where they got to be basically the sole serious player in the EV space. While they did do a good job of trying to grow market and mindshare during that window, they also made several mistakes that I think will end up costing them in the long run.

First was the weird focus on gimmicks like self-driving that never worked as advertised and have created more controversy and liability than sales. I doubt that "self-driving" really created that many sales for them, and most of their customers would have still bought cars in a universe where they didn't try to oversell their L2 autonomous capabilities. Second, I think they missed the boat on the market's transition to SUVs over sedans. Even outside of North America, SUV/crossovers are really the body style the market wants, but Tesla always launched the sedan variant of each platform BEFORE the SUV (S before X, 3 before Y). I think that's been to their detriment, and not a mistake that the legacy OEMs coming to market with dedicated EVs are repeating. Third, they arrogantly assumed that ramping up production while maintaining quality would be trivial - "if the knuckleheads in Detroit can figure it out, we can too!" That obviously hasn't worked out for them, and what had been a reputation for forgivable quirks like paint irregularities has turned into a full-blown reputation for dangerous structural failures. Finally (and admittedly most subjectively), their designs just seem to be getting worse with time. I was utterly smitten with the original Model S. It's what got me initially interested in EVs. But each vehicle they've launched since, from the X to the 3 to the Y to cyber truck has been uglier and less appealing than what preceded it. I'm almost afraid to look at whatever monstrosity follows the cyber truck if that trend continues.

I guess that turned into a book, but I really wonder about these fanboys. I get liking a company and its products, but these guys are so fanatical it's just weird.
Sponsored