Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess that turned into a book, but I really wonder about these fanboys. I get liking a company and its products, but these guys are so fanatical it's just weird
Like you said, many have morphed from environmentally conscious missionaries into a personality cult.
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
This is exciting news! The Mach-E is going to be a collector's item when Ford goes Bankrupt. Maybe I should make a second order for a GT.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This is exciting news! The Mach-E is going to be a collector's item when Ford goes Bankrupt. Maybe I should make a second order for a GT.
But wait, what if it does not go Bankrupt. FORD with the F150 Truck, Bronco and MachE will do just fine. If that fails they own the market on the fleet business, if that fails they have the original Mustang :)

I am not even going to comment on the TESLA sponsored video. The one truth is that Ford does need to pay attention to the market and how to stay revenant. Changing the dealer interaction, remove haggle, allow for online ordering, and make it ahead of the time vs playing catching up. This is why the MACHE is a mustang, moving things forward.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hesitated to even post this video, as I would rather Zac and Jessie not get any more views but in the end I think it shows how rabid they've become.
To be clear, I up-voted your comments, not their off-the-deep-end video. ?

It's like they're in a cult.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Apparently I have 2 FEs on order now. Maybe I should keep both!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is definitely an unwarranted euphoria about Tesla that will eventually sober. Oddly enough, last night I was just reading about the "tulipomania" that took over the netherlands in 1636. It is just one example of the many times throughout history that a frenzy inflates prices to ridiculous levels - and there is always an inevitable crash.

Tesla did a horrible job just getting half a million cars out in one year fully assembled, and yet somehow they're going to magically scale up to millions?
I give Tesla and Elon a lot of credit for doing what they've done, and I root for better products for consumers from ALL businesses. But the more I hear from many of their kool-aid drinking fanboys, the more I want to see Ford and others leave them in the dust as real auto manufacturers get into the BEV game.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Haha, you'll want to avoid Tesla Twitter then.
The Mach-E has had be poking around Twitter more in the last few months, and I've run into some of them. Yeah, there's some real doozies.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Crazy video. I think the bigger issue is the huge cash burn and massive debt of Ford. There are better unbiased videos that Zac and Jesse. Hopefully this new CEO is better than the last couple that have been like a revolving door.

This one is more focused on financials: Ford Financials Video

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I give Tesla and Elon a lot of credit for doing what they've done, and I root for better products for consumers from ALL businesses. But the more I hear from many of their kool-aid drinking fanboys, the more I want to see Ford and others leave them in the dust as real auto manufacturers get into the BEV game.
Well, you can't fix a problem until you acknowledge you have a problem. Continuing to poorly slap cars together and make customers schedule multiple trips to service centers to get it corrected is not sustainable. That works on the small scale with friendly customers, but for general consumption the market will turn on them.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
You mean two EV'S that are not even in customers hands yet? Or the F150 announced in 2017 and now delayed till 2022...2 CEO's ago? 2017 F150 E Announcement

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag