Ford will be bankrupt in less than 4 years

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
You mean two EV'S that are not even in customers hands yet? Or the F150 announced in 2017 and now delayed till 2022...2 CEO's ago? 2017 F150 E Announcement
Good point, it would be awful if a company promised a product which continued to be delayed year after year.
Sponsored

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Their video just reflects their fear of what the Mach E will do to the price of their Tesla Stock. Until the Mach E, Tesla had no real competition in the marketplace. Now that customers will have a choice, Tesla's quality issues and questionable over-spartan design decisions will come home to roost. I think you have less than a year to get rid of your Tesla stock before it becomes worthless.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
You mean two EV'S that are not even in customers hands yet? Or the F150 announced in 2017 and now delayed till 2022...2 CEO's ago? 2017 F150 E Announcement
That's not completely fair on 2 counts. The F150 announcement you referred to was for the hybrid (which has already started production). The F150 BEV wasn't announced until much later. And the MME would be in customer's hands already if the pandemic hadn't happened.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I think the EV premium is much less than it used to be. $15k is old data. I would not be surprised if (for a RWD model,) it was only around $5k for 2021. (Keep in mind that EVs offer cost advantages in other areas.)

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
4 years? No.

10 years? Well... that to me is an open question.

My view of 2030 is a view where the vast majority of new cars on sale are battery electric, in Europe, China, and yes, the US.

Ford's profits are F-Series + Transit. Add everything else up and you get a negative number.

If Ford handles F-Series EV and Transit EV well, scales production, drives internal battery production at maximum scale, in house drive motor and power electronics design for optimal integration and cost reduction... then they'll win the EV future.

If they think EVs are niche and they can make ICE forever, then I could see them fading away.

Not 4 years though, that's ridiculous. There'll be enough ICE F-Series buyers in 2024 for Ford to stay above water. There won't be in 2030.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
But if you compare the same trim levels the difference is much smaller. The price difference for the "Limited" trim level is only $7,415. I do not know if the electric qualifies for the federal tax credit, but if it does than that could have factored into the pricing as well because it would allow Hyundai to have a higher price for the electric model.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Wow.
just watch boys what these two products do.
Mach E
Bronco
Reminds me of Michael Dell talking about Apple years ago how they should just dissolve the company and give the proceeds to the shareholders. The Mach E could become Ford‘s iPhone.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Wow.
just watch boys what these two products do.
Mach E
Bronco
Reminds me of Michael Dell talking about Apple years ago how they should just dissolve the company and give the proceeds to the shareholders. The Mach E could become Ford‘s iPhone.
Agreed - assuming the Mach-E is profitable and they can scale production to meet demand. We've kept hearing that "50,000" number tossed around, that's the only reason I'm skeptical about the Mach-E's future, because 50,000/year is really not that much. Hopefully it grows to much more than that.

Reactions: ARK

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Agreed - assuming the Mach-E is profitable and they can scale production to meet demand. We've kept hearing that "50,000" number tossed around, that's the only reason I'm skeptical about the Mach-E's future, because 50,000/year is really not that much. Hopefully it grows to much more than that.
It probably will not scale much more than that because of limited parts the first year, but will probably be a little higher (but under 2x). That said, the 2022 model year they should be able to produce significantly more...

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It probably will not scale much more than that because of limited parts the first year, but will probably be a little higher (but under 2x). That said, the 2022 model year they should be able to produce significantly more...
I genuinely hope so! I suspect the Mach-E is going to be a huge hit, I want to see them everywhere :D
Sponsored