Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
FORD TO MANUFACTURE MUSTANG MACH-E IN CHINA FOR LOCAL CUSTOMERS
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Will Manufacture Mach-E in China for Local Customers mach-e-china

• All-new all-electric Mustang Mach-E will be manufactured by Changan Ford for customers in China
  • Supporting firmware over-the-air updates, Mustang Mach-E will be equipped with Ford Co-Pilot360™ advanced driver-assist technologies and SYNC+ intelligent infotainment system
  • Over-600km1 estimated range offers thrill of a Mustang with confidence in driving an electric vehicle
SHANGHAI, Jan. 28, 2021 – Ford announced today that Mustang Mach-E, its first global pioneering SUV built on an all-new, all-electric platform, will be manufactured in China by Changan Ford for local customers. A breakthrough vehicle in Ford’s electrification strategy, Mustang Mach-E will set new standards in style and performance in the Chinese high-end EV market when it becomes available in China later this year.

Packed with seamless technology

Mustang Mach-E will offer Chinese customers a smart cockpit equipped with Ford's latest driver-assist technologies and infotainment system that gets even better over time with advanced firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updates.

The newest generation of Ford Co-Pilot360™ suite of advanced driver-assist technologies and SYNC+ intelligent infotainment system will offer L2+ level automatic driving assistance functions, enabling Mach-E drivers to operate their vehicles hands-free on prequalified sections of divided highways. In addition, the vehicle stays at the forefront of technology by supporting all FOTA updates, including for vehicle controls, to freshen the driving experience with improvements and new features delivered over-the-air.

Ford is the first automobile manufacturer in China to offer cellular vehicle-to-everything (C-V2X) technology in mass production vehicles and will deploy C-V2X in Mach-E to help drivers in China anticipate potential driving hazards and improve traffic safety and efficiency.

“Electrifying” performance

The Mustang Mach-E manufactured in China will have a body size measuring 4739mm*1881mm*1623mm, a wheelbase measuring 2984mm 2, and an estimated range of over 600 kilometers1. Tuned using Ford’s racing simulator, Mustang Mach-E is an "electric pony" that inherits the Mustang family's legendary sportscar performance and delivers driving pleasure to this all-electric intelligent vehicle.

Ford will also localize production of the Mustang Mach-E’s GT performance edition in China, an unprecedented move by a global automaker to locally manufacture high-performance editions. The GT high performance edition will adopt a front and rear dual-motor layout, joining the 3-second club with its impressive 0-100km/h acceleration capabilities.

Ford is moving quickly in delivering its electrification commitment with investments of more than $11.5 billion in electric vehicle development through 2022. The localized production of Mach-E in China is a key step in the company’s “Best of Ford, Best of China” strategy to offer Chinese customers industry-leading smart vehicles and advanced technologies.

1 Based on CLTC-estimated range calculation methodology for engineering simulations. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance and lithium-ion battery age.

2 The product length, width, height and wheelbase data are subject to the official product announcement data.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...27/ford-manufacture-mustang-mach-e-china.html
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The rendering shows a sliding cover over the front passenger cup holders. I think we've also seen a second charge port door at the rear quarter panel on driver's side. I wonder what other differences will exist between the Chinese GT and NA/European?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Will Manufacture Mach-E in China for Local Customers pic004

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
FORD TO MANUFACTURE MUSTANG MACH-E IN CHINA FOR LOCAL CUSTOMERS
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Will Manufacture Mach-E in China for Local Customers pic004

• All-new all-electric Mustang Mach-E will be manufactured by Changan Ford for customers in China
  • Supporting firmware over-the-air updates, Mustang Mach-E will be equipped with Ford Co-Pilot360™ advanced driver-assist technologies and SYNC+ intelligent infotainment system
  • Over-600km1 estimated range offers thrill of a Mustang with confidence in driving an electric vehicle
SHANGHAI, Jan. 28, 2021 – Ford announced today that Mustang Mach-E, its first global pioneering SUV built on an all-new, all-electric platform, will be manufactured in China by Changan Ford for local customers. A breakthrough vehicle in Ford’s electrification strategy, Mustang Mach-E will set new standards in style and performance in the Chinese high-end EV market when it becomes available in China later this year.

Packed with seamless technology

Mustang Mach-E will offer Chinese customers a smart cockpit equipped with Ford's latest driver-assist technologies and infotainment system that gets even better over time with advanced firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updates.

The newest generation of Ford Co-Pilot360™ suite of advanced driver-assist technologies and SYNC+ intelligent infotainment system will offer L2+ level automatic driving assistance functions, enabling Mach-E drivers to operate their vehicles hands-free on prequalified sections of divided highways. In addition, the vehicle stays at the forefront of technology by supporting all FOTA updates, including for vehicle controls, to freshen the driving experience with improvements and new features delivered over-the-air.

Ford is the first automobile manufacturer in China to offer cellular vehicle-to-everything (C-V2X) technology in mass production vehicles and will deploy C-V2X in Mach-E to help drivers in China anticipate potential driving hazards and improve traffic safety and efficiency.

“Electrifying” performance

The Mustang Mach-E manufactured in China will have a body size measuring 4739mm*1881mm*1623mm, a wheelbase measuring 2984mm 2, and an estimated range of over 600 kilometers1. Tuned using Ford’s racing simulator, Mustang Mach-E is an "electric pony" that inherits the Mustang family's legendary sportscar performance and delivers driving pleasure to this all-electric intelligent vehicle.

Ford will also localize production of the Mustang Mach-E’s GT performance edition in China, an unprecedented move by a global automaker to locally manufacture high-performance editions. The GT high performance edition will adopt a front and rear dual-motor layout, joining the 3-second club with its impressive 0-100km/h acceleration capabilities.

Ford is moving quickly in delivering its electrification commitment with investments of more than $11.5 billion in electric vehicle development through 2022. The localized production of Mach-E in China is a key step in the company’s “Best of Ford, Best of China” strategy to offer Chinese customers industry-leading smart vehicles and advanced technologies.

1 Based on CLTC-estimated range calculation methodology for engineering simulations. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance and lithium-ion battery age.

2 The product length, width, height and wheelbase data are subject to the official product announcement data.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...27/ford-manufacture-mustang-mach-e-china.html
Yep was only a matter of time.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Good for them. China is a huge EV market. Some local players like Nio have some strong product on the market. They have to build in China for the CCP to let them play in the sandbox.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The rendering shows a sliding cover over the front passenger cup holders. I think we've also seen a second charge port door at the rear quarter panel on driver's side. I wonder what other differences will exist between the Chinese GT and NA/European?

The door over the cupholders is something Ford does when localizing all their cars for China, it seems. For some reason Ford really doesn't think Chinese customers like exposed cupholders and American customers don't like hidden ones.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The door over the cupholders is something Ford does when localizing all their cars for China, it seems. For some reason Ford really doesn't think Chinese customers like exposed cupholders and American customers don't like hidden ones.
Americans need to fit a big gulp soda cup in the holder, the door probably gets in the way of that.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I have a slider in my current vehicle., never used it. And don't forget they all get the GT fascia.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I have a slider in my current vehicle., never used it. And don't forget they all get the GT fascia.
Yeah the GT fascia is a definite downgrade IMO. But they must like it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The GT fascia has the illuminated pony. They get the illuminated pony.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't either but my wife likes it as a place for her purse.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m wondering how much involvement the Chinese government will have in Sync 4 “localization”?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I don't either but my wife likes it as a place for her purse.
I like the slider and hate the way it gets removed by some manufactures on usa spec vehicles, for those that don't care for it all you need to do is just slide it back and leave it there and never touch it again and all is well in the world, for those of us that do like it well we get to just look at cup holders :(, hence the removal always comes across to me as bean counting being dressed up by marketing as a regional variation.
Sponsored