Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I wonder what features will be missing. Is the removal of the kick-to-open-trunk feature because of a chip shortage that they will be able to fix after purchase by just putting in that chip when available?

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My wife’s new Audi is missing the wireless phone charging pad, and we are still waiting for the promised 2nd key fob. It’s annoying to say the least.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'd NEVER buy a car on the promise of future parts to make it whole, not should any bank finance one in this condition.

Can you imagine having to sell it? (lost job, spouse dies, divorce, need a pick-up instead, move to an apartment with no chargers....)

That's nuts.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Is this the start? Are we headed to 3rd rate industrialism because we allowed ourselves to let go of vital manufacturing?

C'mon Detroit.... Shake some loose change outta your pockets and build a plant or two here.

Last edited:

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I'd NEVER buy a car on the promise of future parts to make it whole, not should any bank finance one in this condition.

Can you imagine having to sell it? (lost job, spouse dies, divorce, need a pick-up instead, move to an apartment with no chargers....)

That's nuts.
You may not, but I’m sure there are plenty of people willing to take a car without some of the tech that’s supposed to be there with the promise of it being added later. I’m betting thousands of Lightning/Bronco/MME orders would jump at the chance to get their car faster if it meant waiting on the wireless car charger, heated seats, etc. I mean there’s thousands of people who ordered a 2022 thinking it had a hands free lift gate and front laminated windows. No one is revolting over something that was promised and now isn’t even offered.
I love all the new features of the MME, but came out of a 2013 that had a backup camera and Bluetooth. I thought those were incredible features after my 97 BMW with a working car phone! All perspective I guess.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I remember when Tesla did this with the USB charging ports and we all laughed. Now it's our turn, I guess.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You may not, but I’m sure there are plenty of people willing to take a car without some of the tech that’s supposed to be there with the promise of it being added later. I’m betting thousands of Lightning/Bronco/MME orders would jump at the chance to get their car faster if it meant waiting on the wireless car charger, heated seats, etc. I mean there’s thousands of people who ordered a 2022 thinking it had a hands free lift gate and front laminated windows. No one is revolting over something that was promised and now isn’t even offered.
I love all the new features of the MME, but came out of a 2013 that had a backup camera and Bluetooth. I thought those were incredible features after my 97 BMW with a working car phone! All perspective I guess.
I don't use the handsfree liftgate, wireless charging, heated seats+wheels... so if Ford could transfer those parts to another car I'd be fine with that :)

If Ford removed the 360 camera or any of the front + rear sensors... I'd be pissed.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

That's nuts.
Like a Job 1 Mach-E?
I was comfortable buying an incomplete car because Ford gave me $100 in exchange for my acknowledgement. Not sure everyone else got the same choice though. Luckily for me, everything else worked fine when I took delivery.

Some others received vehicles with faulty charging and powertrain software that needed to be replaced later via OTA or dealer visit.

I don't think any of us here in North America have a power front trunk yet.
Isn't that the same thing? Aren't all our cars incomplete still?

Orangeeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw
Country flag
this is super-annoying. Curious what the missing features will be. Best guess is to see what the selects lack but rt-1 and premium have.

Possibilities-
  • memory drivers seat (doubt this is it, as how can one then adjust the seat)
  • power side mirrors
  • heated seats (if this is missing, its a huge problem once winter comes around)
  • power lift gate (but then again, rt-1 doesn't have it)
  • park assist or Blue Cruise
  • 360 degree camera
EDIT- someone on reddit says this does not apply to MME as the semiconductor is vital

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
this is super-annoying. Curious what the missing features will be. Best guess is to see what the selects lack but rt-1 and premium have.

Possibilities-
  • memory drivers seat (doubt this is it, as how can one then adjust the seat)
  • power side mirrors
  • heated seats (if this is missing, its a huge problem once winter comes around)
  • power lift gate (but then again, rt-1 doesn't have it)
  • park assist or Blue Cruise
  • 360 degree camera
GM is shipping vehicles without the modules to control heated seats and steering wheels with plans to install them later.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag

fordvideoguy

First Name