Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Had another appointment at another Ford dealership service, with next 3 issues:
1) Driver door lock sensor works from time to time - ”Fingers are different. Ford knows about the issue and tries to calibrate the sensor. No fix yet.” But other manufacturers are able to calibrate it, right? Never had this issue on my Honda.
2) Instrument cluster noise - “its normal” answer from Fore company itself.
3) Central screen goes crazy - “the system needs reboot from time to time”.

I’m basically very dissapointed with Ford interaction. I see now why Japanese manufacturers won the competition. Never going to buy an American car again.

UPD:
Looks like they fixed the issues with driver's door lock sensor via OTA. It works great now. Some belief in Ford is back :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
1) Driver door lock sensor works from time to time - ”Fingers are different. Ford knows about the issue and tries to calibrate the sensor. No fix yet.” But other manufacturers are able to calibrate it, right? Never had this issue on my Honda.

I’m basically very dissapointed with Ford interaction. I see now why Japanese manufacturers won the competition. Never going to buy an American car again.
My Accord had a problem with the safety system. It would basically crash and throw an error. Honda service gave all kinds of BS about bags being on the sensor, a dirty sensor, etc. The solution, and this is what I was told, "pull over and restart the car".

1-1/2 years later Honda issued a patch through it's TSB and the problem was 100% solved. It's now a very good ACC / LKAS system but it was hot garbage before then. No recall was ever issued and if you didn't follow the forums you likely wouldn't have known about the TSB. I had to tell the service writers about the TSB.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
To be fair you bought a first model year car and a very technologically advanced car at that. I'm not sure what else you expected? Every manufacturer has woes with first model years, especially the more complicated vehicles like the Mach E.

To be blunt, if you don't like it sell it. Buy a Nissan leaf or Chevy bolt that is more simple and basic. This is just how new technology works unfortunately. You're either on the bleeding edge and have some issues, or you're behind but it works right.

What else is the dealer going to do? What do you expect them to do? You've told them 3 known intermittent issues that don't have a fix currently that many people are experiencing. They provided the best information they have at the current time. Any other manufacturer would do the same thing. I had a girlfriend with a Kia once that had serious issues and it was a similar thing. First model year, known issue, no fix for over a year.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang
Country flag
To be fair you bought a first model year car and a very technologically advanced car at that. I'm not sure what else you expected? Every manufacturer has woes with first model years, especially the more complicated vehicles like the Mach E.

To be blunt, if you don't like it sell it. Buy a Nissan leaf or Chevy bolt that is more simple and basic. This is just how new technology works unfortunately. You're either on the bleeding edge and have some issues, or you're behind but it works right.

What else is the dealer going to do? What do you expect them to do? You've told them 3 known intermittent issues that don't have a fix currently that many people are experiencing. They provided the best information they have at the current time. Any other manufacturer would do the same thing. I had a girlfriend with a Kia once that had serious issues and it was a similar thing. First model year, known issue, no fix for over a year.

Sucks, but true. No way around it even though we always hope car manufacturers can get their shit together for new cars.

One reason I'm considering waiting for the next model year since ordering now would come with a 24 week wait anyways....

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag

I was ready for the issues, but not for “we won’t fix it” altitude.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
This post reminds me of the Sigma Six lecture that my statistics teacher gave a few years back. That's the one thing that countries like Japan have on us, is their different philosophy on manufacturing.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That could be the dealer, and maybe a sign to try a different one. I have a guy in the service department at the place I bought my car and to his credit it why I bought where I did.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I will apologize for that dealership. The message should have been: we would love to repaired it for you. We are waiting for FORD to provide us with the fix. As a dealership we did not manufactor or design the software for your MME. We will let Ford know of your frustration. Being on the front line for 40 years I have seen this countless times. The hardest thing to manage is a new year built on a band new PLATFORM. Trust me, they feel as bad as you, maybe more. Unfortunately you are just one of many.​

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
To be fair you bought a first model year car and a very technologically advanced car at that.
Also I wouldn’t call touch sensors and displays “technolgically advanced“ parts in 2021. They are pretty common.
On the other hand, really advanced parts which is the battery and the drivetrain, are working pretty well so far.

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I will apologize for that dealership. The message should have been: we would love to repaired it for you. We are waiting for FORD to provide us with the fix. As a dealership we did not manufactor or design the software for your MME. We will let Ford know of your frustration. Being on the front line for 40 years I have seen this countless times. The hardest thing to manage is a new year built on a band new PLATFORM. Trust me, they feel as bad as you, maybe more. Unfortunately you are just one of many.​
Actually the service guy was a pretty experienced one, so he is also a good psychologist. I kinda believe that he is not the responsible person. He gave me official Ford’s SSM for two of three issues.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
...and by "Ford interaction" you mean the dealer, is that correct? Not quite the same thing, if that isn't clear to you yet.

Japanese manufacturers won what competition? Are you talking about the quality wars of the 80s and 90s? Uh, ok.

Your complaints, while real things, come off as petty. I mean, on the one hand you have a super-efficient, extremely fast, spacious and attractive electric vehicle with few rivals. On the other hand your screen glitches on occasion and there is a nearly unnoticeable hum from a screen. Based on these factors, you feel that American manufactures are worthless? Good grief, man. Pull it together.

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
...and by "Ford interaction" you mean the dealer, is that correct? Not quite the same thing, if that isn't clear to you yet.
These are all official Ford answers, and the dealer provided SSMs for two of them.
So its on Ford company.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Also I wouldn’t call touch sensors and displays “technolgically advanced“ parts in 2021. They are pretty common.
On the other hand, really advanced parts which is the battery and the drivetrain, are working pretty well so far.
New implementation of the sensor for Ford. They always put it on door handles in the past except for the continental and it barely worked on the continental too so they obviously don't have that figured out. I'll give you that one.

The infotainment is brand new. New hardware and new software. So that one I won't give you.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

Well, no, we are not there yet. But you can still consider yourself lucky that you didn't buy Tesla ?
Sponsored