FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20)

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
This is new. Though I’m not sure why I’m getting this notification since I just drove the car an hour ago.

B375C249-092E-49E4-8EAC-D014A8AFA8B2.png
I knew sleep walking was a thing.
The MME goes sleep driving?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The phantom message notification has disappeared.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Updated on iOS without issue. It is stuck telling me that it's charging my 12V. It was at one point last night, but certainly isn't now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 1618563139420

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Updated my android, wife did her iPhone. PaaK still doesn't work on either. Same connection error after copy/paste Bluetooth screen. Let my hopes get up again, only to be crushed again. Ugh.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
One thing that I noticed did change was when your car is done charging, the banner at the bottom of the home page says "Target Charge Reached" instead of "Charged to 100%". Before, it would charge to the percent you set it to (in my case 90%) and be done, but it would display that it charged to 100%... which you could argue it reached 100% of it's charge goal, but that was certainly confusing and better now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) Screenshot_20210416-090437_FordPass

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It seems like the entire app is more responsive. I used to get spinning circles whenever I switched pages, now it immediately shows me the page. I expect they are caching more data locally, or at least showing it faster than they did (ie not waiting for a failure of the car to respond).

The warning about old data is interesting - it sounds like some people are still seeing cached data which makes sense since the app (apparently) won't communicate with a sleeping car. For people seeing stale data, you may want to connect to the car via FordPass while it is still running or actively charging. Will be nice when that requirement goes away.

I for one am very happy with this update - the performance of the app previously had me very worried about Fords ability to deliver a good user experience. This update may not add features, but it focuses on the most important core elements of an Android app. Glad to see the devs concentrating the foundations and not just chasing features! Kudos to the dev team, I hope they can keep it up.

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium
Country flag
3.20.0 is on iOS as well. Only thing I noticed is horn/lights button is active even outside bluetooth range. No fixes to battery charge logs, still broken.
Upgrade didn’t fix mine on IOS.
plus it’s still a day behind.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 1618582087095

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It seems like the entire app is more responsive. I used to get spinning circles whenever I switched pages, now it immediately shows me the page. I expect they are caching more data locally, or at least showing it faster than they did (ie not waiting for a failure of the car to respond).

The warning about old data is interesting - it sounds like some people are still seeing cached data which makes sense since the app (apparently) won't communicate with a sleeping car. For people seeing stale data, you may want to connect to the car via FordPass while it is still running or actively charging. Will be nice when that requirement goes away.

I for one am very happy with this update - the performance of the app previously had me very worried about Fords ability to deliver a good user experience. This update may not add features, but it focuses on the most important core elements of an Android app. Glad to see the devs concentrating the foundations and not just chasing features! Kudos to the dev team, I hope they can keep it up.
Agree. I checked the app this morning and was actually able to navigate between menus without having to watch the loading wheel 2 or 3 times. It just splashes on the screen and then shows me the info. That by itself might get me to try and visit the app more often.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
For those on iOS - if you don't see the app in the updates, be sure to search for FordPass, and you should be able to update from the app page.
My iPhone is set to automatically update apps, so it was there already.

Do the iOS people dare upgrade?
So far so good. Unfortunately, I can't check much because Marlin is still at the body shop.

Range no longer shows on my home page. Initially I got the message about showing old data because of sleeping but now no range or state of charge info on home page (and it no longer shows the latest update on the home page) and the vehicle page won’t update. In fact, it got worse—it was saying three hours ago until I pulled down to update and it changed to four hours ago. They seem to just keep fumbling along with Ford Pass. I sure hope they can make it work at some point and start doing better testing before they roll out updates. Update—I just force quit Ford Pass and reloaded and it agains showed the “old information because of sleep” message briefly and now again shows charge level and range. I started my car and turned it off but still get the “old information message.” Maybe this is one of the games people have been asking for?
My range shows just fine.

One thing that I noticed did change was when your car is done charging, the banner at the bottom of the home page says "Target Charge Reached" instead of "Charged to 100%". Before, it would charge to the percent you set it to (in my case 90%) and be done, but it would display that it charged to 100%... which you could argue it reached 100% of it's charge goal, but that was certainly confusing and better now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 1618582087095
Great! We no longer have the idiotic your car has reached 100% (of your target 80%).

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The phantom message notification has disappeared.
YESSSSSS!!!! FORD FIXED SOMETHING IN FORDPASS!!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 1618600990080

Specifically, I had to go back in and open each of my 24 messages and close them again, but each time I did the unread message notification reduced until I got to zero. (I don’t want to delete my messages yet until a lot more bugs are resolved).

Remaining issues still unresolved in iOS....
1. The app is still way too slow to update current vehicle status. I’m presently 5hrs out of date. I think this is a problem with whatever Ford server is sitting between my car and the app.
2. Under the main Vehicle tab, it still doesn’t make sense why we have Manage Vehicle and Manage EV sub-tabs. (I know why - because FordPass wasn’t really designed for EVs so the EV stuff was basically glommed onto the existing app with an extra “Manage EV” sub-tab - but it’s still dumb). Change the name of that sub-tab from “Manage EV” to “Manage Charging.”
3. Under the misnamed “Manage EV” sub-tab, there is no reason to have separate sections for Manage Charging and Charge Times. It’s nearly the same stuff that can be combined. It’s just confusing!
4. Still needs to fix DCFC station plug identification. Most public chargers have two plugs apiece labeled 1 and 2, but the FP simply lists the same charger name for both plugs so you don’t know which to initiate.
5. Can anyone confirm whether charging status has returned when actively charging? How about confirmation that the car is plugged in and will charge in accordance with the charging schedule?

1618599229203.gif

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Latest is out for Android. No real description of improvements.

....and no 'push' notification to all FordPass subscribers, so I wonder how we would ever know it was available ?! Amazing to me that Ford has not taken the opportunity to start a monthly Newsletter to Mach-e owners to maintain the excitement, solicit feedback more directly than filtering thru clueless Dealerships, and give some SPECIFICS on updates as well as remaining open verified issues.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
....and no 'push' notification to all FordPass subscribers, so I wonder how we would ever know it was available ?! Amazing to me that Ford has not taken the opportunity to start a monthly Newsletter to Mach-e owners to maintain the excitement, solicit feedback more directly than filtering thru clueless Dealerships, and give some SPECIFICS on updates as well as remaining open verified issues.
while I also want real update information, it's pretty unusual (not unheard of) for mobile app developers to send a notification to tell you each time there's a new version. imagine if every app on your phone did that!

an app telling you when you launch it that there was an update waiting, that's not as unusual and would be slightly less intrusive (some people find push notifications annoying).

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Sadly charge management remains a horribly broken disaster of a mess in the most recent iOS release.

First, it took me a couple forced closes and restarts to even get my plug in status on the home page.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 6DB3808B-BE4D-4B51-B338-9EDFABC3EB70

When you click on “Details” you get this....

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 93DA45F7-CCA4-4024-ABB2-B9E70A1A7B44

Note all the broken missing information. When you tap on Charge to 100% you just get a grey bar with a spinner for a few minutes until you get this.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 3EEE8BD4-C68A-4DBF-82A8-05F01D4D8F6E

Sorry, FordPass isn’t responding.... haven’t seen that at least 100x before.

When I go to Vehicle > Manage EV > Manage Charging to change my preferred charge window and max charge, it take several minutes of “Loading.”

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.20.0 released for Android (3.20.1 out with bug fixes on 04/20) 00C1C45D-6667-4988-B561-478D767653EB

Did it work? Nope. When I go into the car to check the charge profile there, nothing has been changed.

Question: Do you think Ford knows all of this key functionality is still hopelessly broken?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sadly charge management remains a horribly broken disaster of a mess in the most recent iOS release.

First, it took me a couple forced closes and restarts to even get my plug in status on the home page.

6DB3808B-BE4D-4B51-B338-9EDFABC3EB70.jpeg

When you click on “Details” you get this....

93DA45F7-CCA4-4024-ABB2-B9E70A1A7B44.png

Note all the broken missing information. When you tap on Charge to 100% you just get a grey bar with a spinner for a few minutes until you get this.....

3EEE8BD4-C68A-4DBF-82A8-05F01D4D8F6E.png

Sorry, FordPass isn’t responding.... haven’t seen that at least 100x before.

When I go to Vehicle > Manage EV > Manage Charging to change my preferred charge window and max charge, it take several minutes of “Loading.”

00C1C45D-6667-4988-B561-478D767653EB.png

Did it work? Nope. When I go into the car to check the charge profile there, nothing has been changed.

Question: Do you think Ford knows all of this key functionality is still hopelessly broken?
It might be time that Ford should hand this app off to a new team. The new team could be given a description of the intended features, a list of the ones believed to work correctly, and ask them to either fix or replace the app. The current team seems to be struggling. Fix Or Replace Dammit (FORD). At the moment, the app kind of reminds me of my 1957 Fix Or Repair Daily Ford.