zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Only when driving for you? Are you bluetooth connected when driving? I will cable again and try next version. 1' USB C still plugged in and we have not stopped trading off the fob. Not a big deal this bug and yes it will be looked at. We all should keep flag them. That will help them keep squashing them.
No its not only when I'm driving. I just don't seem to have the issue until I drive, that seems to trigger the bug. It's just something I noticed. I force close the app to stop it. Reopen it and it doesn't seem to go crazy until I drive again.
Sponsored

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I got the PaaK update at a dealership. No change. It connects slightly faster when I walk up to the car which is likely due to the massive battery drain on 3.24 causing it to keep trying to connect over and over. But my rate of key not found errors when I'm in the middle of driving -- or after I get in the car using the phone and then try to start up -- is the same (high). No perceived better experience after the update.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I also had this issue draining my battery like crazy for my S21 ultra. Is there a fix this or should I just manually go back a version somehow?
I didn't even leave the house today. So this is so much more incovenient than paak not working.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.24.0 rolling out Screenshot_20210621-203543_Device care

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car got 'stuck' in Detroit, so now my scheduled departure times are off by an hour. Easy workaround, but annoying that I can't change the city/timezone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.24.0 rolling out CCA15174-06FA-4069-8F39-525A42F8083F

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
Not sure if I'm the only one, but 3.24 actually made my PAAK success rate much worse than the previous version. With the prior versions, I'd get about 90% success of unlock and start - with a "Key not detected" message as soon as I put it in gear. Now, I get about 60% door unlock and about 10% ability to start my car. I have an appointment for the update, but it was a month wait time. :(

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Not sure if I'm the only one, but 3.24 actually made my PAAK success rate much worse than the previous version. With the prior versions, I'd get about 90% success of unlock and start - with a "Key not detected" message as soon as I put it in gear. Now, I get about 60% door unlock and about 10% ability to start my car. I have an appointment for the update, but it was a month wait time. :(
You're not alone. I was very near 100% successful with PAAK on previous versions of FordPass. I'm now getting far more failures, no recognition of the PAAK even when Bluetooth is connected, no welcoming ponies, nada. I've even had to resort to the door and start code a couple of times. The only variable here is 3.24

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Today when I started my commute home from work everything was fine. I stopped at the grocery store and suddenly my password didn’t work and I got logged out of the Ford pass up. Very bizarre.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Today when I started my commute home from work everything was fine. I stopped at the grocery store and suddenly my password didn’t work and I got logged out of the Ford pass up. Very bizarre.
Same you get back in? Logged me out wants username and password but says what is right is wrong.

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same you get back in? Logged me out wants username and password but says what is right is wrong.
Still not working. Says my username & password are incorrect? On Twitter some folks having same problem. Argh technology

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm getting "Fordpass is not responding, try again later" for the past hour or so. I don't know if these outages affect PaaK, but that'd be a real kick in the balls if someone was relying on it right now.

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm getting "Fordpass is not responding, try again later" for the past hour or so. I don't know if these outages affect PaaK, but that'd be a real kick in the balls if someone was relying on it right now.
It happened while I was driving. So I stopped at the store and couldn't lock the car because I was kicked out of the app and didn't have my key fob. I left it unlocked while I did a little shopping. Then had to use Password to start the car. It was a real pain.
Say... how does one lock the car when using PaaK and it fails? Press lock before getting out? I'm not sure!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still not working. Says my username & password are incorrect? On Twitter some folks having same problem. Argh technology
Did not log out my wife's android, said fordpass not responding a couple of time and then the app boots. After a few times it did not say it was not responding and app is working. My iphone is logged out and will not take my credentials.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It happened while I was driving. So I stopped at the store and couldn't lock the car because I was kicked out of the app and didn't have my key fob. I left it unlocked while I did a little shopping. Then had to use Password to start the car. It was a real pain.
Say... how does one lock the car when using PaaK and it fails? Press lock before getting out? I'm not sure!
Your a brave man not having the fob in a faraday bag with you. With the way my cars AI is working it is in my front pocket until I see just a wee bit more stability. Just too easy and could avoid some stress. Have not need it until 3.24. Guess if you walk away and paak is not working it does not know you walked away and therefore auto lock does not take place. Not sure how you lock it without key?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah there are multiple ways.

I use walk away lock. It's only failed once that I'm aware of.

You can press the lock button on either the driver or front passenger door before closing that door.

You can tap the lock icon on the B or C pillars while outside the car with the doors closed.

You can lock via FordPass, or with a key fob.

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah there are multiple ways.

I use walk away lock. It's only failed once that I'm aware of.

You can press the lock button on either the driver or front passenger door before closing that door.

You can tap the lock icon on the B or C pillars while outside the car with the doors closed.

You can lock via FordPass, or with a key fob.
The situation was, I did not have a key fob. I was signed out / locked out of the Ford pass app, and PaaK wasn’t working. So all of those options were off the table.

I wonder if the other methods of locking the door work in the absence of a fob or a synced phone. That is, Can some random person just come up and lock the car from the outside which is basically what I would be doing in that scenario? I guess I could try it out or read the manual myself to see for sure.
Sponsored