Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just updated to 3.26.0 on my android Galaxy S21+.
Still showing 2 messages when there are none.
Still won't show the preferred charge times or departure times that show in the car.

I have been coding software for a living for 41 years, and I have done some coding for mobile devices, so I do appreciate how difficult it is to code for such a diverse universe of hardware.
However, it can be done a WHOLE lot better than FordPass with minimal effort! This is by far the most buggy and unreliable commercial software I have ever used! It is really sad that a company as large as Ford can't produce a better product than this pile of garbage.

Thankfully the car seems to work well despite this.
I agree! If you get in the business of programming then do the best job you possible can! Hire the right people!
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I opened and shut a door and I did get the alert. It appears that the securialert also wakes the car. In the past opening the door did not seem to wake it, fordpass still said last updated hours ago. Now when I refresh fordpass it says updated just now.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
looks like Ford forgot to add the new features to Android then.
I am running android and have the features, hence all my screenshots being posted.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am running android and have the features, hence all my screenshots being posted.
Did you do anything specific to get them to show up, or did they just show up?

I've restarted the phone, started the car, still not showing on my app despite the update.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Did you do anything specific to get them to show up, or did they just show up?

I've restarted the phone, started the car, still not showing on my app despite the update.
Just showed up as soon as I opened the app after updating to 3.26

When did you get the 1.4.0 OTA?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
About a week ago I think.
I know someone else posted they don't have the features yet, and they just received the OTA on Friday.

I have a hunch, that until Ford's back-end updates with all your cars current software versions, it may not show up in FordPass. They can definitely enable/disable features on demand per VIN.

I received the OTA 6/28, so plenty of time for the back-end to update and I got the feature as soon as I opened FordPass on 3.26

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
I have updated on Android to the new version but do not have the new security features on the app. I just got my car on 6/30 so that could be it or it has not synced with the car yet as it has been asleep in the parking lot 100 yards away since this morning.

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I received the 1.4.0 OTA on Friday, and when I updated the Ford Pass app to 3.26, the SECURIALERT is available option (turned off). I did not have Ford Pass running at the time of update since I have not driven the car since Saturday and did not want the phone battery usage issue. All good once I opened the app after update. I tested it to verify it works and now leaving the app running to see if the battery usage issue has been resolved or at least improved.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Spoke too soon, my 3rd cancel is back. And none of them work.

I have same issue now with 3.26. I use cancel all the time when I'm not going to drive for the next hour as it saves 80% of the battery drain of fordpass app but now I can't cancel it anymore :mad:

Is there a way to roll back to 3.25? This reminds me not to update if all works as intended...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have same issue now with 3.26. I use cancel all the time when I'm not going to drive for the next hour as it saves 80% of the battery drain of fordpass app but now I can't cancel it anymore :mad:

Is there a way to roll back to 3.25? This reminds me not to update if all works as intended...
Just hide that one notification type. It will never go away.
And tell your phone to put the app to sleep.

Last edited:

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag

I was thinking the same thing. The only other way to stop the service from killing your battery is by using the Force Stop option in Android.

1. Long press on the app icon
2. Select App info (it might be a "i" icon for Samsung phones)
3. Press Force Stop

This will kill the background PaaK service until you re-open the Fordpass app.

I guess there is a chance they fixed the PaaK battery drain issue with this version... ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
OK, don't see those options I assume they are in the app, I have IOS not Android so is that the issue?
iOS 3.26 has these features. If you don’t have it, you may not have 3.26, or you may not have OTA 1.4.0 installed in the car yet. Or perhaps both.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag

Same. And had a massive battery drain this morning because of it. Lovely...
Sponsored