gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
That comes with an update in the car, not the app. And they've changed the button to Frunk instead of Front Trunk.
wait so can you get it today in a Premium if you go to a dealer for them to apply the update?
Sponsored

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Yup, the wireless charger is still worthless to me, but I'm fine with that now that the app is playing nice with my phone!
It was playing nice but I've had to use the backup code several times in the last day or so, FP is back on the battery list, and I've lost Android Auto connection a couple times as well. Wish they could get this right.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
It was playing nice but I've had to use the backup code several times in the last day or so, FP is back on the battery list, and I've lost Android Auto connection a couple times as well. Wish they could get this right.
Being on the list using how much?

Also, Android Auto doesn't have anything to do with Ford Pass.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Being on the list using how much?

Also, Android Auto doesn't have anything to do with Ford Pass.
Over a 24 hour period it was back on the list using 20-25%, which was typical until 3.31. However, FP is now back to hardly using any battery on the list (1%) ??

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Over a 24 hour period it was back on the list using 20-25%, which was typical until 3.31. However, FP is now back to hardly using any battery on the list (1%) ??
When I have weird connection issues like that, normally it's the result of a bluetooth issue with the phone and a restart of the phone fixes it. So far 3.31.0 has been pretty solid.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I have weird connection issues like that, normally it's the result of a bluetooth issue with the phone and a restart of the phone fixes it. So far 3.31.0 has been pretty solid.
Instead of doing a phone restart just force quit the FP app and then reopen it again.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Instead of doing a phone restart just force quit the FP app and then reopen it again.
While that can help if the issue is with FordPass, I have had times when it's a bigger Bluetooth issue with the phone, for example the Bluetooth audio is skipping, etc. In which case PaaK also acts up since it uses Bluetooth, but in that example it's not FP's fault and a phone restart clears it up.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I'd hate to jinx it, but has anyone else noticed that this version is way less of a phone battery hog than previous releases? I've had several false positives with previous releases that changed after a day or two, but I've been running it all day today and FordPass isn't even on my list of battery consumers!
I noticed that too. I held off saying anything just to be sure. Today I've had PaaK service running for 12 hours straight and it's not even on my battery list (Pixel 5). The only downside I've noticed from this version is it is much less reliable actually working as a key. I had to use the door code twice today. Oh well, at least they fixed one thing.

As for wireless charging my phone stops charging after 5-10 minutes. This is due to using Google maps while using Android Auto. The phone turns off wireless charging to keep the phone from over heating. I get around this by switching to some other app like YouTube music if I don't need a passive map on my main screen. In these cases wireless charging continues without fail nearly all the time.

Last edited:

goldfishb

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That comes with an update in the car, not the app. And they've changed the button to Frunk instead of Front Trunk.

1632335345400.png
How do I get an update in the car as I do not have the frunk button? Thanks?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
How do I get an update in the car as I do not have the frunk button? Thanks?
It would have to be done at the dealer. But the frunk button is gone again, so don’t do it just for that. It didn’t actually work anyway.
Sponsored