ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm using a Pixel 5 and agree, 5 hours today and it doesn't even show up in the list. It would have used 15-20% in previous versions.
I hopped on this thread to post exactly this. My Pixel can last a whole day again since the update. The last version had me charging pretty much constantly. I may have to give the wireless charging another go.
Sponsored

skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
OK so if I have no frunk button, no power ups, and no software version available through the in car screen, does that mean my car has not been updating? So frustrating it's brand new and I specifically asked the dealer to make sure it was updated

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
OK so if I have no frunk button, no power ups, and no software version available through the in car screen, does that mean my car has not been updating? So frustrating it's brand new and I specifically asked the dealer to make sure it was updated
Telling the dealer to "make sure it's updated" doesn't mean anything to them. You would have to complain about specific problems that updates fix for them to go through the modules and manually update them all. But it's not like getting the frunk button actually makes it do anything, so I would just wait until others start reporting 1.7.1 appearing OTA and see if you get it.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If it's brand new it off likely up to date. How brand new are we talking?

What feature are you missing? A non-functional front trunk button?

skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
If it's brand new it off likely up to date. How brand new are we talking?

What feature are you missing? A non-functional front trunk button?

OK thanks for clarifying I thought others frunj button was now functional. Picked up 3 weeks ago. Also haven't gotten "power ups" and haven't had much success with paak or plug and charge.

Not game changing for me, just had multiple issues from dealer and no follow up support, so I guess I'm on guard for problems

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
OK thanks for clarifying I thought others frunj button was now functional. Picked up 3 weeks ago. Also haven't gotten "power ups" and haven't had much success with paak or plug and charge.

Not game changing for me, just had multiple issues from dealer and no follow up support, so I guess I'm on guard for problems
Hopefully we all get a significant power up soon and then you'll know if you miss out because everyone will be flaunting it.

So it sounds like you haven't had much luck with the dealer, but if you are so inclined you can raise the P&C and PAAK issues. I don't know how much the documented paak fix helps, but there is one.

I don't use dcfc charge much but in the last 5 months I have had no issues with P&C, so there might be something they can fix.

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
How do I check the App version I have?

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
This may have happened prior to 3.31 and I didn't notice (but I doubt it since I just used it for a road trip), but the Trip Planner appears to be acting really strangely. I've used it for quite a few road trips to get a sense of range/charge remaining between legs, but now the charge estimates are wildly off (it assumes I will use about 20% of my battery to cover close to 130 mostly interstate miles. I have not been driving efficiently enough either for this to be extrapolated from my recent habits...)
Screenshot_20210924-195400~2.png

It also seems to not update departure settings correctly. This screenshot was after I set my starting/departure charge level to only 90%, yet it still shows 100 when I look at the charge prediction (however this time the expected battery utilization looks more accurate, and is pretty close to ABRP)
Screenshot_20210924-195801~2.png

Pretty strange. Anyone else seeing this?

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I hopped on this thread to post exactly this. My Pixel can last a whole day again since the update. The last version had me charging pretty much constantly. I may have to give the wireless charging another go.
A couple days now of FordPass not showing on the battery list on my Pixel 5 as well. My biggest gripe with FordPass/PAAK may have been fixed (connection issues have been resolved).

On longer drives though, Android Auto probably still uses battery quicker than the wireless charger.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think FordPass is messing with me. I have my charge schedule set from 11pm to 9 am and 80%. (I have it set for the same time for my ChargePoint EVSE just to be sure.) For the last two nights at exactly 8:40 PM I get a notice from FordPass that my scheduled charging did not start. "Well duh, you're not supposed to charge now." (Car was plugged in since 5:30 PM when the wife got home)

So last night I look in FordPass. I click on the Charging Paused banner....it says target charge level 100%. Ok, I've seen that before and it still stops at 80%. I check the charging schedule in FP, it's set to 80%. Right on time at 11 PM it starts charging. The car is already at 78% so it won't take long. Sure enough it keeps going past 80% to 81%. I go out to the car, yep it's still charging. Go into the car settings... it's set for 80% and the schedule is there, but my departure times are gone, What!? I unplug the car wait a few seconds, plug it back in, the EVSE contactors open and close about 4 times trying to decide if it should charge... starts charging again. I unplug it. I set up my departure times again in the car. I force close FP (don't reopen it) and go to bed.

Wake up this morning, open FP app, charging schedule is there correctly in FP. Go out and plug in, car still at 81% and the car starts charging. I hit the Stop Charging banner in FP. It stops. Now my departure times are gone again in FP. Re-add the departure times in FP. It's already time for the car to start conditioning so I hit resume charging, the departure time pre-conditioning starts up as expected.

So right now everything looks normal in FP (the car is unplugged since the wife took it to work). We'll see what happens tonight.

I'm on the current version of FP 3.31.0 updated yesterday.

The charging schedule has been working perfectly for many months before now. @Ford Motor Company
Do not use the scheduler in ChargePoint. It cannot override or manage the car. It only enables or disables the charger during the scheduled times.

As far as the car charging past the target, look at the setting in the car. See if your settings saved to the car. If you are using the Home location set that in the car first.

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
A couple days now of FordPass not showing on the battery list on my Pixel 5 as well. My biggest gripe with FordPass/PAAK may have been fixed (connection issues have been resolved).

On longer drives though, Android Auto probably still uses battery quicker than the wireless charger.
Yup, the wireless charger is still worthless to me, but I'm fine with that now that the app is playing nice with my phone!

A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD Extended Range MME Premium
Country flag
They may have changed the name to “Frunk”, but I will continue to call it a “front trunk”. “Frunk” sounds stupid (and too close to “drunk” ?)

Better than the UK version and their Front Boot. A Froot.
Sponsored