RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I'm having a little trouble with my CarPlay connecting properly since this update. Anyone else see this? I have an iPhone 12 pro and prior to this update it worked flawlessly
My Wife has the same phone but it didn’t always connect prior to this update. I was surprised to see the correct charge status on the home page when I opened Fordpass this morning!!
Sponsored

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver Mach-E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
I'm having a little trouble with my CarPlay connecting properly since this update. Anyone else see this? I have an iPhone 12 pro and prior to this update it worked flawlessly
Wireless carplay would not connect for me this morning, either, on several on/off cycles of the car. It worked two days ago, but I'm not sure when my phone actually installed this update. Why would Fordpass even affect CarPlay? Aren't they largely separate?

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Wireless carplay would not connect for me this morning, either, on several on/off cycles of the car. It worked two days ago, but I'm not sure when my phone actually installed this update. Why would Fordpass even affect CarPlay? Aren't they largely separate?
I'm not sure, all I know is my connection has been impacted. Today, I had no CarPlay shown on my screen but it was playing through the car. Couldn't access any of CarPlay icons. Last night it didn't connect at all. Prior to this update, it's been connecting without issue for most part.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Have you considered memorizing it? It doesn't change often, does it?
Took me forever to memorize my luggage combination... 12345. I'm not going to bother trying to memorize my license plate.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Got the update today in the App Store, updated while I was at work, returned to the car end day and it did not recognize my phone and hence could only start the car with my backup password. Seems like update solves something but also introduces new issues.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Be sure and check your two apps permissions - Carplay and FordPass - to make sure any updates didn't turn off permissions to use Bluetooth. That was my issue a month ago, due to an update. Turned BT on - everything worked.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Have you considered memorizing it? It doesn't change often, does it?
Random bunch of letters and numbers. Why bother for the number of times I need? I mean, I don't know my girlfriend's number w/o looking it up and I use it far more frequently (and she couldn't quote mine either if asked by anyone).

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Took me forever to memorize my luggage combination... 12345. I'm not going to bother trying to memorize my license plate.
I only remember a few of the license plates I ever had. I do remember most of my cars' VINs. ??
Sponsored