TheSleepyDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB GTPE
Country flag
Anyone that was using PaaK without issue have it not work after the update?

Only applicable change made yesterday was updating FP, since then - last night and this morning - PaaK stopped working.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think all of these issues are purely a coincidence of timing with server issues. My sequence of events:
-App stops updating charging info, says info Missing (FP 4.11)
-App updates to 4.12
-App still isn't updating charging info, says Missing Info (FP 4.12)
-14 hours later everything is back to normal. I think the issues had nothing to do with the app update itself
Maybe. In my case this has been going on for 2 revisions non stop. Missed all but one departure crime. The one it didn’t miss was when I woke the car. It hasn’t recognized the car being plugged in since 4.11. It hasn’t shown the SOC since 4.11. So yeah it could server issues, virtually non stop ones.

toggleE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Raptor, Ducati SF, WRX STI
Country flag

Only applicable change made yesterday was updating FP, since then - last night and this morning - PaaK stopped working.
PaaK seems to have increased in range for me, if anything.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

PAAK still works for me. That’s the only saving grace for these last two FP updates. Otherwise I just delete the app and be done with it.

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Not being a SW person, I cannot get myself to understand why simple and/or proven-working commands on the Ford app become a hit-and-miss affair for so many. I always thought deterministic code would execute in the same manner every time, and unless there are other factors in play (like poor network connectivity, which I suppose isn't the culprit in many cases), the reliability of code execution would be about 100%.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Not being a SW person, I cannot get myself to understand why simple and/or proven-working commands on the Ford app become a hit-and-miss affair for so many. I always thought deterministic code would execute in the same manner every time, and unless there are other factors in play (like poor network connectivity, which I suppose isn't the culprit in many cases), the reliability of code execution would be about 100%.
I would imagine it might have to do with the type of "wake" and "sleep" state the car is in. I wonder if they have issues with whatever module needs to stay on to receive commands/PaaK connectivity drawing too much power or needing other modules to stay on due to a faulty design? And if your car goes into deep sleep and even those modules go to sleep, then it causes further issues maybe? It just doesn't seem like the power drop should be that heavy to update the data every hour or something, rather than this deep sleep that makes it so your data is 8 hours or more old at times and only a command wakes it up and refreshes it. I don't know, definitely seems like it could be fine tuned.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
It's too early to call this a win yet, but today was the first time in several months that the app stayed running all day for me. I have trained myself to unlock my phone and open the app when leaving the building, always to be greeted with the blue oval start animation. But, today, it was already running!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So they got rid of the message indicator problem? What do they call this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.12.0 is available Screenshot_20220303-164411

TheSleepyDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB GTPE
Country flag
PaaK seems to have increased in range for me, if anything.
PAAK still works for me. That’s the only saving grace for these last two FP updates. Otherwise I just delete the app and be done with it.
Thanks for the input! I'll play with it some more and see if I can get it to work again. Was solid before yesterday so would hate to have to re-do it.

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
PAAK has never worked for me... last weekend my wife went to work in another country and forgot to leave the keyfob. I live in the forest... lets just say that we were stranded that weekend. :D

I work in the IT/Gaming business so its not like technical stuff is something I have problems with... PAAK just doesnt work on my car.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
PAAK has never worked for me... last weekend my wife went to work in another country and forgot to leave the keyfob. I live in the forest... lets just say that we were stranded that weekend. :D

I work in the IT/Gaming business so its not like technical stuff is something I have problems with... PAAK just doesnt work on my car.
Door keypad didn't work? Backup passcode on your sync screen didn't work?

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
Door keypad didn't work? Backup passcode on your sync screen didn't work?
Door keypad works, but I have not been able to do a backup code to start the vehicle because PAAk module seems to be not connecting with any phone I try to connect. Its like it does not have the PAAK module at all.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If all the software and data is on the same computer and no outside connection is needed and no other tasks are running then yes in general the same code doing the same things will be somewhat deterministic. None of those constraints apply in this case. Within the car there are many separate small processors all interacting with each other over a common network that can and will become congested if they all try to talk at once. Certainly outside of the car the networks connecting Ford's backend servers to the car and the phone app have MANY interconnections and they are shared by a vast number of users who sometimes congest one leg or another of the communications path. Then there is the problem of having to balance "instant response because it's always on" with "draining the battery because it's always on", so often attempts by one component to get data from another doesn't work the first time.

As for how pieces of software interact the best analogy I can think of is comparing a textbook written by a single person in their office with one written, revised, and edited by many people spread out geographically all with different native languages - each of whom is responsible for a few pages. Sure the textbook might get written faster by that group, but it certainly would not be consistent and there will definitely be errors that will happen. Now consider that parts of that book are constantly being changed with new content so that the pieces before and after the change may no longer line up properly or refer to something that is no longer in the edited portion. That's a tough situation for humans but mostly we can figure it out (often with help), but the comparatively simple design of computers prevents them from intelligently recognizing and resolving nonsensical instructions. They are absolutely literal and do EXACTLY what the code tells them to do - even when it is nonsensical.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Have you deleted and added they key again? I find after certain updates, particularly the ones that touch paak I have to add the keys again.
Sponsored