jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
No useful release notes because this is not a useful app. I won't waste my time with it. Deleted it from my phone long ago and life has been so much better without it.
Not really sure that's true... Is it a perfect app? No, but I can do straight-forward things such as start my car remotely on a cold day, see what my battery level is at a glance... it does those just fine
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So:
- Various improvements and performance enhancements
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Bug fixes
- We’ve updated the app to fix some crashes and make features load faster
- Minor updates and improvements, making xxx better for you, one release at a time
Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

Ok, now match the “What’s new” text above with the manufacturer
Meta
Verizon
Google
Yelp
Microsoft
Apple

have fun ?

looks like ford is pretty much in line with industry standards ?

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
It’s an Easter egg, it only shows up in April
I think I must be missing something because in FordPass I do have a frunk button that functions. I just picked up my car yesterday so super green and still getting to know everything about the car and functions!

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I usually 'force stop' Fordpass, or disable BT for this very reason as my home office is right next to my garage, and I go in and out of the garage many times per day to work in my shop. I hate the MME 'waking up' and welcoming me every time I walk past.

I'd REALLY love it if there were a way to identify my local area as 'my house', and selectively turn off auto-lock and welcome on approach. I'd much rather that BT changed behavior when parked 'at home' and simply woke up when I touch the door button.
When you shut off your car, it asks if you want to shut off the "Alarm System". When you answer "Yes", it shuts off the sensors that wake the car to greet you. Then, opening the car door, wakens the car. This feature allows you to walk in and out of the garage without disturbing your car until you need it.

Norm in NC

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you shut off your car, it asks if you want to shut off the "Alarm System". When you answer "Yes", it shuts off the sensors that wake the car to greet you. Then, opening the car door, wakens the car. This feature allows you to walk in and out of the garage without disturbing your car until you need it.
That's good to know. Thanks

cafdiniz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Maybe the frunk button is hidden inside for future use.
This forum keeps surprising me…

Why would Ford release such simple functionality for some users and leave the rest waiting?

The frunk button appeared on my app as soon as I linked my iPhone, and I’m still on 1.7.6.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.13.0 released 8EB8E368-FAD3-4BD5-A6F4-B4EC7EA77EB5

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
This forum keeps surprising me…

Why would Ford release such simple functionality for some users and leave the rest waiting?

The frunk button appeared on my app as soon as I linked my iPhone, and I’m still on 1.7.6.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.13.0 released 8EB8E368-FAD3-4BD5-A6F4-B4EC7EA77EB5
My understanding is that it was a non functioning button and its now removed

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
I usually 'force stop' Fordpass, or disable BT for this very reason as my home office is right next to my garage, and I go in and out of the garage many times per day to work in my shop. I hate the MME 'waking up' and welcoming me every time I walk past.

I'd REALLY love it if there were a way to identify my local area as 'my house', and selectively turn off auto-lock and welcome on approach. I'd much rather that BT changed behavior when parked 'at home' and simply woke up when I touch the door button.
Yes, this would be nice. But IMO may not be as easy as it sounds to implement (and not as high a priority relative to other functions and UX enhancements).

Does someone have attached or detached garage? Nearby neighbors/people or none? Is "my home" an apt/condo bulding? Can it be done? Yes. But I can see people getting tripped up with the wrong settings and leaving their car unlocked by mistake, or an update resetting and also tripping up people.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Not really sure that's true... Is it a perfect app? No, but I can do straight-forward things such as start my car remotely on a cold day, see what my battery level is at a glance... it does those just fine
And while it occasionally is slow to recognize, or require me to use the pillar to lock and/or screen to start (NKD) the car starts far more than it doesn't and I've only carried keys in my pocket a handful of times since.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I think I must be missing something because in FordPass I do have a frunk button that functions. I just picked up my car yesterday so super green and still getting to know everything about the car and functions!
You’re good. The early 21s don’t have the frunk button yet, it’s (hopefully) coming via a software update. Anything built after June of 21 is up to date.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Not sure if it’s the new app version or my new 2.5.3 update but app has difficulty showing charge times in the blue banner after plugged in but waiting for scheduled time. I am having to remote start the car to properly refresh the app and it does and pretty quickly the status on FP goes back to not showing charge start times in the blue banner.

observing this only with 4.13.0 FP and OTA 2.5.3 both of which updated recently. Was fine before that.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

I found it easier to turn auto-lock = off, and leave sensors on for when I DO lock the car when I am out. easy to hit the physical 'lock' button on the door as I exit, and then the car still welcomes me and unlocks upon approach. I don't want to have to change settings to turn alarm on and off.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
You have a Job 2 car

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
On my phone over 40 apps (I stopped counting but it has to be > 50%) do not have change logs. Can you send emails to those companies as well, including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Zoom, American Airlines, and more.

Thanks
yeah I pointed that out on some of the early updates and even posted a screenshot showing it, but people don't want to hear that, they'd rather just complain as if this is the only app that is like this because it fits well with the false "Ford sucks at absolutely everything software-related and can't do anything right at all in any way" narrative.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
4.13.0 is now available on Google Play. Just updated my phone.
I went to go to this and apparently I hadn't even updated to 4.12.1 yet. ?

(which by the way, did have release notes, mentioning a Mach-E change, which was more than HBO Max or Instagram does, or Google Duo, which has very old "What's New"... in other words, it's actually lying in the release notes...)

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.13.0 released Screenshot_20220330-080639
Sponsored