alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I didnt have this happen before 4.16.0 and NO I was not in motion I was standing outside my car in a parking lot trying to get the door to open. I closed the app multiple times and it still thought I was in motion!
1654633666735.png
I had the same yesterday. Had to restart the phone to get rid of that.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I had this happen too, and literally none of the suggestions of quitting the app, etc. worked for me on iOS on an iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.5. It was telling me to set up PAAK (when there was already a key there) and when I tried to it failed every time. And BTW, PAAK was not working anymore either. But it still had my key in there!

Only way I got it to work and get the buttons back was by deleting the key I had been using since I got PAAK to work in FordPass, and then setting up PAAK all over again. :rolleyes:

These kinds of things are things NORMAL people like my wife would NEVER do.
I've had this happen to me multiple times since updating the app. Buttons would disappear and I would get a "Set up PAAK" even my phone is already set up. My phone still worked and I'm able to start the car, but I would need to relaunch the app to get the buttons back.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I've had this happen to me multiple times since updating the app. Buttons would disappear and I would get a "Set up PAAK" even my phone is already set up. My phone still worked and I'm able to start the car, but I would need to relaunch the app to get the buttons back.
FYI, I know my PAAK was NOT working . . . I had driven the car with the fob, put the fob in a faraday bag, turned the car off, and tried to restart the car without the fob. It was not recognizing my PAAK. That test is what prompted me to try deleting the key and re-adding it.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I redid my PAAK setup because I hadn't seen the tip to just force quit and reopen the app when it tells you to set it up again.

It was fine enough if even a bit annoying. But now... PAAK isn't working as well it was for me. Prior to this I had *zero* issues with PAAK. Everyone complaining about it sounded completely foreign to me. It worked flawlessly. Now? Not so much. I've had to open the FordPass app to get the car to recognize PAAK. I've had it freak out on me when walking by my car with my phone in my pocket flashing the welcome lights. It can't decide if I'm walking up or away or whatever. Even when i'm standing still.

Hoping we get a new update soon that fixes some of this.

XTheUnknown

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Country flag
Ok - so I took delivery of my GTPE in early March and PAAK has been perfect for my wife who uses iOS and myself, using Android in a Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G. When I say perfect, yeah, sometimes we need to hit the door button or the start button a few times to work, but that's a minor inconvenience.

So, got the Droid update and my PAAK stops working. I can still use FordPass to manually start/unlock/lock, but I cannot open the door by proximity, and I can't start the car anymore without typing in the backup passcode.

My wife who uses iOS has been completely unaffected and is fine.

Ended up deleting my profile and starting over but that doesn't work. Signing into FordPass still gives me "app-based controls" but PAAK won't activate. When I try to reinitiate, I now get an interesting message that warns (something to the effect of) my device is not fully compatible, would I like to continue? I do, and I get to where the app downloads a key and tries to connect via BT pairing to the car but it now fails everytime.

Everything had been near perfect previously. Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated but I'm down for the count. Back to having to use a physical FOB until I can figure this out.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Ok - so I took delivery of my GTPE in early March and PAAK has been perfect for my wife who uses iOS and myself, using Android in a Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G. When I say perfect, yeah, sometimes we need to hit the door button or the start button a few times to work, but that's a minor inconvenience.

So, got the Droid update and my PAAK stops working. I can still use FordPass to manually start/unlock/lock, but I cannot open the door by proximity, and I can't start the car anymore without typing in the backup passcode.

My wife who uses iOS has been completely unaffected and is fine.

Ended up deleting my profile and starting over but that doesn't work. Signing into FordPass still gives me "app-based controls" but PAAK won't activate. When I try to reinitiate, I now get an interesting message that warns (something to the effect of) my device is not fully compatible, would I like to continue? I do, and I get to where the app downloads a key and tries to connect
via BT pairing to the car but it now fails everytime.

Everything had been near perfect previously. Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated but I'm down for the count. Back to having to use a physical FOB until I can figure this out.
My guess is when you did the Android update your permissions changed. You need to make sure FP has full access to location services and no power management restrictions.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
14.6.0 has been working well for me with no issues so far on my Samsung Note 9. I use PaaK exclusively and it is working just as before the update.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
With the latest update for or several days now my PAAK shows "Set up phone as a key" even though my phone has already been setup as a key and it continues to work. When I get close enough to the Mach-E to get a bluetooth connection the phone works as always though.

A new bug!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
With the latest update for or several days now my PAAK shows "Set up phone as a key" even though my phone has already been setup as a key and it continues to work. When I get close enough to the Mach-E to get a bluetooth connection the phone works as always though.

A new bug!
Yup. Force close the app to get the PaaK buttons back.

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
I'm bumping up this thread.

Upon loading FordPass on my phone today (iPhone 13), I no longer saw the "Bluetooth Connected" in the app. Instead, I saw "Setup Phone As Key". Strange, I thought, as the Phone had worked just fine since December 2021 when we took delivery of the car.

I went to Setup Phone As Key, but received the following error:

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.16.0 Available on iOS and Android IMG_4528

So I thought I'd try my wife's phone (also iPhone 13). Same issue. FordPass app showed "Setup Phone As Key".

Her phone also showed the same error during the setup process.

So I've gone ahead and removed both of our phones from the Bluetooth pair list, and also removed them from CarPlay.

Furthermore, as FordPass instructed me to, I've Reset FordConnect in the General settings within Sync 4.

Ultimately, I am unable to setup either one of our phones as Phone As Key.

This is the error that continues to show-up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.16.0 Available on iOS and Android IMG_4529

I'm going to forego on calling their customer support number, as they only recite a script and never actually solve anything.

Just want to say thanks again to Ford for screwing with something that wasn't broken, and force-updating our software with buggy features.