FordPass 4.17.0 now available

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
They really need to develop a separate app for their EVs. This app was obviously built for other cars, so some things (like remote start) work fairly well when they work, but the car can do so much more with proper app integration.
Sponsored

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I installed this a few days ago and when I open the main fordpass screen, the date/time of my "last updated" is way off (right now says it was last updated yesterday morning, even though I've refreshed the app since then). Anyone else seeing this?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I installed this a few days ago and when I open the main fordpass screen, the date/time of my "last updated" is way off (right now says it was last updated yesterday morning, even though I've refreshed the app since then). Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I am seeing that. Otherwise the app seems to be working normally.

AMJ

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
This is answered multiple times in this thread on how to resolve it
I have done all the things suggested here, and by Ford. Still works as a key, but no buttons still for windows, trunk, and frunk. I even set up my husband's iPhone 12 for PAAK on Sunday, and his Ford Pass app is doing the same thing as mine. Works as a key, but no buttons for windows, trunk, and frunk.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I have done all the things suggested here, and by Ford. Still works as a key, but no buttons still for windows, trunk, and frunk. I even set up my husband's iPhone 12 for PAAK on Sunday, and his Ford Pass app is doing the same thing as mine. Works as a key, but no buttons for windows, trunk, and frunk.
Unfortunately there is no fix and it's something Ford needs to fix in the app or car software.
For now we just have to deal shitty with workarounds.

Makes you wonder why PAAK was delayed for the Lightning. Hopefully whatever delayed it will also bring improvements to the Mach-E!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Itā€™s weird because most people it resolves for a little bit when you force close the app. I donā€™t know why itā€™s permanently not available for some.

RafalCOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I don't disagree it could be me.
But if you're willing to point that out, maybe you're also willing to be additionally helpful and explore exactly what's the difference between you and me, since you're saying it's a user issue.

I'll go first:
P6Pro, US unlocked version, 128gb
SQ3A.220605.009.B1 (Jun update)
VZW prepaid
Magisk 25.1 rooted

Please help out -- what Pixel 6 Pro configuration has Ford Pass v4.17 that doesn't force close?
I have a P6 pro my wife P4 XL, both not rooted. Both phones have a crash on start issue with 4.17.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
I have a P6 pro my wife P4 XL, both not rooted. Both phones have a crash on start issue with 4.17.
Thanks for posting this.
I was going to unroot (and possibly clean flash) as a troubleshooting step today, but will now hold off to the July update in about a week's time to see if no root does make a difference to 4.17.
You probably saved me a couple hours, and it's appreciated!

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
This update doesn't even work for me. It now crashes whenever I try to open it. Uninstalled it, but as soon as I log in, it crashes again.
I have this. Any fix? I just installed 4.16 from an apk instead. Have to set up paak again

Last edited:

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ugh I just updated it and it still does not work. Have to roll back and set up paak again
You donā€™t have to reset PAAK again. Just force close the app and reopen and all should be ok. Every time I see the PAAK setup in the app I force close and reopen and all is ok. Definitely a bug!!!!

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
When this shows on mine, I force close the app and reopen and they come back. Still disappear every couple of days. Waiting on a new update to correct
Sponsored