PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
you need to have access to the center screen to set up the connection. Plus the car will be in a transit sleep mode.
Thanks
Wish that answer was different. At least now I won't try it too often before I get the car.

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
This update doesn't even work for me. It now crashes whenever I try to open it. Uninstalled it, but as soon as I log in, it crashes again.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Well they didn’t fix the Paak issue but now I have a really annoying security alert banner… yay! :rolleyes:
This is pretty comical lol.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Just called FordPass guide. Opened a case for missing control buttons. Suggest everyone affected do the same so maybe they will do something about this.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Screenshot_20220622-080220.png

No significant changes noted.​
still REEEEEEAAAAALLY wishing for details......

I took a chance and updated this morning. I don't notice anything new,
AND I notice it takes a LONG time to re-start. I would consider this a regression from 4.14 I was running until today.

I am wishing I could go back to 4.14. Is this possible?

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Force close repeatedly on my Pixel 6 Pro, Jun update of Android 12. Ford Pass has been rendered not usable after updating to 4.17

Pity anyone with this issue using paak exclusively and then updated the app while on the go!

I returned to 4.16 and had my fob available. But good grief...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Force close repeatedly on my Pixel 6 Pro, Jun update of Android 12. Ford Pass has been rendered not usable after updating to 4.17

Pity anyone with this issue using paak exclusively and then updated the app while on the go!

I am using PaaK exclusively and since updating to 17 it seems to be working better. I was having more trouble than usual the past week before the update to 17. Not sure if it matters, but after updating FP, I rebooted my phone.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Has anyone tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Does it wipe all your settings and PAAK?

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag

I'm also using a Pixel Pro 6. How were you able to revert back to 4.16?

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
I'm also using a Pixel Pro 6. How were you able to revert back to 4.16?
I'm rooted. Restored a Swift backup of Ford Pass, could also have restored Titanium backup.

If you don't have that available, you can download the 4.16 apk from a trusted site like apkmirror or its equivalent. If you're comfortable with that.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Has anyone tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Does it wipe all your settings and PAAK?
considering the pain I had installing the first time, I do NOT want to delete and re-install.

I will update if and when anything worth updating for shows up in the release notes. The only functionality I use in Fordpass is PAAK, and the only addl functionality I would like is a reliable 'update' of the battery % when I swipe down for update.

There is a workaround to get an update, so I don't really even need that fixed as long as PAAK works reliably, connects rapidly upon approach, and the app doesn't eat my phone battery.

4.17 seems to load much slower than previous release I was running, so I wish there was an easy way to reverse the update at this point.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ford really should read the forums. More useful info here on what's bugged than anywhere else. But most companies can't take the heat of angry forum people, so the resource goes ignored for the most part.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford really should read the forums. More useful info here on what's bugged than anywhere else. But most companies can't take the heat of angry forum people, so the resource goes ignored for the most part.
Individual contributors and team leaders from the FordPass and Mustang Mach-E teams absolutely do read the forum.
Sponsored