FordPass 4.17.0 now available

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Appreciate the sarcasm. Totally necessary. Glad you got that off your chest. Feel better?
Think he was just making a joke about the app nothing personnel.
He was being serious. If he was being sarcastic he'd have said, "I cannot imagine a finer app than FordPass." Personally, I also think he was being far too polite, I'd have (and have) said, it's a flaming pile of horse ----.
Apologies. Didn't mean to offend. I was being serious. Is there a phone number that we are supposed to call when we have problems with FordPass? If so, where do I find this number? I looked in FP and didn't find anything. ????
See.
Sponsored

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Do you have background refresh turned on?
CB29E771-D6D1-48D4-A744-C9D33CE715A5.png
Yes I do. It comes and goes for me. Again not a big deal since I can always start and lock/unlock the car. I do so with my Apple Watch as well. Trunk release is the only thing I would use somewhat regularly. Iā€™ve only had o e time I couldnā€™t unlock and that was the previous release version.
just feedback

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yes I do. It comes and goes for me. Again not a big deal since I can always start and lock/unlock the car. I do so with my Apple Watch as well. Trunk release is the only thing I would use somewhat regularly. Iā€™ve only had o e time I couldnā€™t unlock and that was the previous release version.
just feedback
Iā€™m just trying to figure out why force closing the app fixes it for some and not others.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Personally, I also think he was being far too polite, I'd have (and have) said, it's a flaming pile of horse ----.
But it was working perfect for you to begin with what happened? It has days good and bad. After a while it is expected and you are immune. I give it an adequate. Sometimes I caulk it up to a low 12V or slow servers but who knows it is a sleepy beast with a big battery. Think it would be faster/better if the cloud interaction was taken out but that won't happen it may even get worse.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
But it was working perfect for you to begin with what happened? It has days good and bad. After a while it is expected and you are immune. I give it an adequate. Sometimes I caulk it up to a low 12V or slow servers but who knows it is a sleepy beast with a big battery. Think it would be faster/better if the cloud interaction was taken out but that won't happen it may even get worse.
Too many bugs now. perhaps 4.13 might have been the last acceptable version for me.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Maybe. So I tried to reinstall 4.17 de novo and it crashed after I first signed in. Relaunching the app crashes it every time.
The Pixel 6 Pro is Google's flagship. Arguably, it's about as close to a reference standard for the Android OS as you can get.

What'chya doin", @Ford Motor Company ?
Exactly, they should be using Testflight to offer beta versions for us to test.

I assume they development cycle just isnā€™t built to be that flexible for feedback.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Too many bugs now. perhaps 4.13 might have been the last acceptable version for me.
Yeah that sounds about right. Thatā€™s the version I had when I first got my car.

Now the past month at least itā€™s been terrible.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agree. I don't remember all the versions but I came from 24 months of pure bliss using MyFordMobile to connect and manage my Focus Electric. The mobile app and the website were both excellent.

Then came the Mach-E and FordPass. The first few versions were basically useless if I remember correctly. Then it got a little better and a little better as new versions were released.

When it stopped draining my cell battery, things were manageable. It worked well enough for 3 or 4 months to start the year but started getting weird again several weeks ago it seems. There are a lot of features that never worked. Things like Journeys and the data logs etc.

My brother used to drive a Focus Electric and traded it for a MME too. We had lunch today and raised a glass in rememberence of MyFordMobile. Now THAT was an app!

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
is the Ford pass Apple Watch working? Mine keeps saying loading but it never loads.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Myself and many, many other's on this forum have the Pixel 6 Pro and we have no issues. Sounds like a you issue and not an app issue.
I don't disagree it could be me.
But if you're willing to point that out, maybe you're also willing to be additionally helpful and explore exactly what's the difference between you and me, since you're saying it's a user issue.

I'll go first:
P6Pro, US unlocked version, 128gb
SQ3A.220605.009.B1 (Jun update)
VZW prepaid
Magisk 25.1 rooted

Please help out -- what Pixel 6 Pro configuration has Ford Pass v4.17 that doesn't force close?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I don't disagree it could be me.
But if you're willing to point that out, maybe you're also willing to be additionally helpful and explore exactly what's the difference between you and me, since you're saying it's a user issue.

I'll go first:
P6Pro, US unlocked version, 128gb
SQ3A.220605.009.B1 (Jun update)
VZW prepaid
Magisk 25.1 rooted

Please help out -- what Pixel 6 Pro configuration has Ford Pass v4.17 that doesn't force close?
As a former android ROM developer I would say that you having a rooted phone is the issue. Are you using MagiskHide? Do you pass safetynet?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
No more "Updated 12 hours ago" for me - correctly shows the time since I left the car. Server issue I guess...

UPDATE: It briefly worked, then went back to "12 hours".
Whatever. PAAK still works.
I noticed the last time I started a charge, (in the evening), it predicted it would be done at 4:00 PM, but it was actually around 4:00 AM. Something is off by 12 hours. The other day it said it last updated 17 hours ago, when it was actually about 5 hours ago.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Running Android.. Plugged car in yesterday (Saturday) at 1pm. App said charging will complete at 7:14am Saturday. Actually finished at 6:30pm Saturday. So 7:14am am because, Ford. šŸ˜œ

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I noticed the last time I started a charge, (in the evening), it predicted it would be done at 4:00 PM, but it was actually around 4:00 AM. Something is off by 12 hours. The other day it said it last updated 17 hours ago, when it was actually about 5 hours ago.
I don't think that FordPass does the calculation, pretty sure the car reports it to the "server" and then FP gets the info from it.

During my last charge (first after FP update) charge limit got changed from 90% to 50%, and I thought that it's another app bug, but it was the same in the car. And even after I changed it, the end time remained the same, about an hour from plugging the car in. Go figure šŸ¤”

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
As a former android ROM developer I would say that you having a rooted phone is the issue. Are you using MagiskHide? Do you pass safetynet?
MagiskHide went away with Magisk 24. It's gotten a little more complicated to hide root, but I'm using the current method to do so and it does pass all safety checks...

Screenshot_20220626-190515.png
Sponsored