Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach e Select with add on packs
Country flag
Apologies. Didn't mean to offend. I was being serious. Is there a phone number that we are supposed to call when we have problems with FordPass? If so, where do I find this number? I looked in FP and didn't find anything. ????
Dam, now I’m the one that is sorry. Its in account settings, help and then you can chat or call. I received a case number. It was then escalated and I actually got a call back from them yesterday and they stated they are working on the problem and will be calling me back to troubleshoot.
Sponsored

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Apologies. Didn't mean to offend. I was being serious. Is there a phone number that we are supposed to call when we have problems with FordPass? If so, where do I find this number? I looked in FP and didn't find anything. ????
This is what Ford sent me:

For further assistance with this concern, I recommend reaching out to the FordPass Guides team at 800-883-2966 (Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST, Friday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST). They'll be in the best position to address this for you.
Gordie
Ford Service Team
I talked to them last week and they just told me to bring my car to the dealer and mention SSM 50873.

They also said they don’t know how they would fix it! Said it may be an OTA. Clearly had no clue and wanted to end the call…

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This has been discussed and we have many posts about how to resolve the issue but for many it has not fixed the issue.
I have a iPhone 12 with current iOS and the issue comes and goes with each day.
I can lock and unlock and start so it’s not a pressing issue for me. It just looks like they still have a way to go to solve it fully.
I also have a 2022 Premium and an iPhone 12 running FordPass 4.17.0 on iOS 15.5. The buttons always show up for me within 10 seconds of opening the app. If you truly have the latest versions on your phone and the permissions set right, then the only difference is likely the RFA module software in the car. I updated the RFA module after delivery and have the latest version. That might be the fix for you then.

The RFA (Remote Function Actuator) module is what connects the car to your phone via Bluetooth.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I also have a 2022 Premium and an iPhone 12 running FordPass 4.17.0 on iOS 15.5. The buttons always show up for me within 10 seconds of opening the app. If you truly have the latest versions on your phone and the permissions set right, then the only difference is likely the RFA module software in the car. I updated the RFA module after delivery and have the latest version. That might be the fix for you then.

The RFA (Remote Function Actuator) module is what connects the car to your phone via Bluetooth.
Interesting theory. I’m running iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.5 and 4.17.0 and I do have an update for the RFA on my 2022 Premium I picked up end of April. Too bad I can’t get into a dealer for 3 weeks!

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Hmmm oddly on my Galaxy S10+ it just auto force closes immediately after I click to open. Uninstalled, reinstalled and get the same thing when entering my login credentials. Weird part is that my wife's account works fine...

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
MagiskHide went away with Magisk 24. It's gotten a little more complicated to hide root, but I'm using the current method to do so and it does pass all safety checks...

Screenshot_20220626-190515.png
Yeah I forgot the Wu went to work for Google and with the key attestation API he said that it was infallible.

I'm still going to guess that it's because you're rooted. I have the P6P and so do many others here. I haven't seen anyone with that issue. As to what is causing it I have no idea. There's a lot that goes into rooting and apps don't always work as intended once rooted even after passing SafetyNet.

What it would come down to is getting your app crash logs. You have root so you can easily access them. What's being reported? You and I both know that Ford isn't going to help you with problems related to a rooted device. I don't think the issue is with the P6P or FordPass, so blaming them is a bit unfair until you know why it's crashing given your phones root status.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
is the Ford pass Apple Watch working? Mine keeps saying loading but it never loads.
Yes works for me and my wife using Apple Watch app. Used it yesterday after the other issues returned on my iPhone.

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
When does 4.18 come out to fix 4.17? Sometime the app updates and sometimes it says last update 12 hours ago and will not update? I again plugged in the car at 10pm last night(Sunday) and said car will complete charge at 3:30 PM (Sunday) it should have said 4:30 AM(Monday)

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
Just called FordPass guide. Opened a case for missing control buttons. Suggest everyone affected do the same so maybe they will do something about this.
Did that last week. Wife's iphone works great, app will not allow my phone to activate. Now have case number. Will keep all informed.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
Maybe. So I tried to reinstall 4.17 de novo and it crashed after I first signed in. Relaunching the app crashes it every time.
The Pixel 6 Pro is Google's flagship. Arguably, it's about as close to a reference standard for the Android OS as you can get.

What'chya doin", @Ford Motor Company ?
My Pixel 6 also crashes the app.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but today is the first time in about 6 months departure times work when the vehicle unplugged. Previously only when it was plugged in did they work. Win some lose some I guess
We might have different car software which possibly could account for differences, but I've had my Mach-E for just shy of 2 months and scheduled departure has worked every weekday throughout without being plugged in, except for 1 Monday about 2 weeks after I got the car. Just sharing differences.

With the app update, I have noticed that when I press and hold the start button for remote start, it now tells me in a message that it might take up to 30 seconds for the car to respond. It never said that before.