Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
These zombie bugs that seem to reanimate randomly are breaking my limited trust in Ford to be able to develop and manage a modern BEV.
Sponsored

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Given all these posts Iā€™m holding off on upgrading from 4.17.1. But is there an easy way to roll back to a prior version in iOS?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Arrived to work, plugged in, but the % SoC was still showing the % I had at home before I left. The % shown on the charge session details was correct. Had to force quit the app (iPhone) and reopen it to get the % on the main page to update. Iā€™ve never had an issue with this until 4.18.0 came out. I hear this was a bug in older versions that existed before I got my car, they seem to have reintroduced the bug.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Arrived to work, plugged in, but the % SoC was still showing the % I had at home before I left. The % shown on the charge session details was correct. Had to force quit the app (iPhone) and reopen it to get the % on the main page to update. Iā€™ve never had an issue with this until 4.18.0 came out. I hear this was a bug in older versions that existed before I got my car, they seem to have reintroduced the bug.
I was using the app all weekend non stop during our long road trip and I was having this and many other reported issues. I think it was also feeding funny information to Apple Maps and ABRP during our trip as I would get requests to charge in the middle of our journey stating the wrong percent from the start of the day or previous charge session.
@Ford Motor Company Please fix these issues as having correct charge values when traveling 1000 miles is pretty important IMO. It's one thing not having a frunk release or windows control vs accurate charging information! :mad:

Edit - Force quit didn't help on several occasions only using the car and starting and/or stopping charging would fix it. We had to switch phones during trip several times because of bad charge data in map apps.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I was using the app all weekend non stop during our long road trip and I was having this and many other reported issues. I think it was also feeding funny information to Apple Maps and ABRP during our trip as I would get requests to charge in the middle of our journey stating the wrong percent from the start of the day or previous charge session.
@Ford Motor Company Please fix these issues as having correct charge values when traveling 1000 miles is pretty important IMO. It's one thing not having a frunk release or windows control vs accurate charging information! :mad:

Edit - Force quit didn't help on several occasions only using the car and starting and/or stopping charging would fix it. We had to switch phones during trip several times because of bad charge data in map apps.
My home page has to have App closed and reopened to display correct battery percentage on home. Itā€™s fine on vehicle page and charge details

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My home page has to have App closed and reopened to display correct battery percentage on home. Itā€™s fine on vehicle page and charge details
I could get it to refresh sometimes if I went the Vehicle and then Charge Logs. When returning to home page it would show correct but now always. At best 50/50
The app wasnā€™t really helpful during our road trip and thatā€™s sad. The built in trip information wasnā€™t helpful either we just had to continue our journey knowing we knew best. šŸ˜”

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I rarely use the app. The only time I really use it is when public charging so I can determine when to disconnect and move my car. For trip and other historical tracking I use Tronity, which is much better for that. Of course Tronity gets data from Ford which is sometimes bad, but it is unrelated to FP.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I use the app for:
1. Checking on wife/son's location when they borrow the car
2. Checking on battery charge, to know if I should plug the car in
3. Rejecting power-ups and recall "fixes"

FordPass been buggy, but adequate for me. My expectations were low, and they have been met. I do wish it would update more promptly/reliable for uses #1 and #2 above.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I found one improvement with 4.18.0! (I hope I don't curse myself for saying that.) This is the first version in a *long* time that does close itself during the day. Not once have I had to manually restart the app to get PAAK to work. So, yay?

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Fordpass app is a cruel joke.

Yesterday I completed the recall software update, now one screen on Ford Pass says "update completed" and another says its not. Furthermore, if you look at the Home Screen it indicates battery charge, estimated range, but when I look at the Vehicle tab it displays the same subject matter, charge and range, but the data is different than the data displayed on the Home screen?! I don't understand why this app has 2 screens to display much of the same data. The tabs should be combined. No need for two, it would cut down on the confusion, although these screens should agree now.

Also, yesterday the wife returned from a 150 mile trip, through the app I have charging preferences set at 90% max charge, between 10 PM to 6 AM. But when I plugged in the car @ 4 PM, it started charging immediately, before 10 PM and charged to 100%.

Bottom line: This App kinda sucks, it has conflicting data, from one screen to the next. The Home and Vehicle screens are not synced. The charging preferences are a placebo, setting them apparently does nothing. ( Although in the past the vehicle did charge exactly as set up dictated, but yesterday it did its own thing.)

All in all, this app is a hot mess.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
I have spoken to the FordPass customer service people (five calls), downloaded the new app 4.18.0 (several times) on my Pixel 6, app does not work! FordPass works on the wife's iphone.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The Fordpass app is a cruel joke.

Yesterday I completed the recall software update, now one screen on Ford Pass says "update completed" and another says its not. Furthermore, if you look at the Home Screen it indicates battery charge, estimated range, but when I look at the Vehicle tab it displays the same subject matter, charge and range, but the data is different than the data displayed on the Home screen?! I don't understand why this app has 2 screens to display much of the same data. The tabs should be combined. No need for two, it would cut down on the confusion, although these screens should agree now.

Also, yesterday the wife returned from a 150 mile trip, through the app I have charging preferences set at 90% max charge, between 10 PM to 6 AM. But when I plugged in the car @ 4 PM, it started charging immediately, before 10 PM and charged to 100%.

Bottom line: This App kinda sucks, it has conflicting data, from one screen to the next. The Home and Vehicle screens are not synced. The charging preferences are a placebo, setting them apparently does nothing. ( Although in the past the vehicle did charge exactly as set up dictated, but yesterday it did its own thing.)

All in all, this app is a hot mess.
The recal software update deleted your charging locations so it wonā€™t charge the manner you had before until you change those again. I recommend making those changes directly in the car

RailBlazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 MME
Country flag
The recal software update deleted your charging locations so it wonā€™t charge the manner you had before until you change those again. I recommend making those changes directly in the car
I've also had the car not properly update its location. Happened to my wife where she plugged it in right after returning home and it charged to 100%. I usually wait until bedtime to plug in the car (so it sits for a few hours) and have not had that happen to me. I was able to deduce this as the location provided in the app wasn't where the car was. The problem is not always in the app!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I've also had the car not properly update its location. Happened to my wife where she plugged it in right after returning home and it charged to 100%. I usually wait until bedtime to plug in the car (so it sits for a few hours) and have not had that happen to me. I was able to deduce this as the location provided in the app wasn't where the car was. The problem is not always in the app!
I usually only have that happen if I don't have a charge location set yet, it will be showing at my neighbors house or something. But once I set a charge location it always uses the correct home address.
Sponsored