Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I think it comes down to Apple plays well with Apple and doesn't always interact well with others. By doing so, they are limiting the potential of users to interact with non-Apple products. You may just have to wait for the Apple EV to have reliable Siri interaction.
That is why I switched from buy to options. We are a ford family and currently have 4, one for each of us. This decision will have me trading in my ford for an apple/Kia if it is available. Disappointed.
Sponsored

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
That is why I switched from buy to options. We are a ford family and currently have 4, one for each of us. This decision will have me trading in my ford for an apple/Kia if it is available. Disappointed.
I regret a bit what I wrote above. Because ford has built a desirable vehicle that I want to buy. They focused on a fun driving experience and quality. And enjoying driving the car is the main thing. But I have been seeing articles for a while now quoting ford execs talking about monetizing driver info as another revenue stream. So this is not a surprise. Nonetheless, I am disappointed that ford is selling my personal information. It feels a bit like a betrayal to my brand loyalty.

It’s all a bit hyperbolic on my part I know. In the year of the pandemic I should be so lucky this is all I have to complain about.

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Welcome @Ford Team, and thanks for taking the time. There are a few simple things that really hurt the Nav integration with charging that puts Ford in a weak position. plugshare.com and abetterrouteplanner.com correctly handle 1 & 2:
  1. The Nav does not have sufficient bias toward faster chargers; I mapped a route and it took me to 50kw and even a 25kw charger at a harley davidson instead of to a 150kw EA charger that was further out of the way but would have obviously made for a much faster route.
  2. Along the lines of #1, I should be able to specify the minimum power level of DCFC chargers I want the nav to choose
  3. The Nav should notify the BMS to start conditioning the battery as you approach a DCFC that is a planned waypoint
Without those simple changes, the road charging experience of newbies who don't know better will be far worse than a Tesla, and that WILL harm the Mach-E's reputation.
1. Fix for this is already in progress.
2. Ticket was created for this.
3. Appropriate vehicle and Nav teams are discussing and working on prioritizing this.

Great feedback, thank you!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
3. Appropriate vehicle and Nav teams are discussing and working on prioritizing this.

Thank you for keeping up with the forum!
Another request, if it wasn't mentioned elsewhere -- can we get the screen to display the current charging power, in kW, while charging? I think that would be GREATLY appreciate by all of us.

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Welcome @Ford Team, I have had my MachE for a few days and slowly learning all of the capabilities with the FordPass app. A few things I have noticed thus far:

1) When preconditioning prior to departure, it would be much better to select a temperature (as in degree setting) that we wish instead of the subjective "cool, medium, warm" options currently available.
2) I have not been able see see any "My Journeys" through FordPass. Is this not yet available? I do see that Trip Logs are "coming soon" and wondering if these are related.
3) Should I be able to see my current odometer mileage in the "Glove Box"? It only shows 1 mile.
1. Understood on this request, however, the current approach was a strategic choice. - think of how much the actual weather forecast temps and real feel can vary on a particular day.
2. Some directions: The user will need to have enabled the feature in FordPass (Journeys Recording can be found in MY Account > Settings) and if they select record “Automatically record via AppLink” ensure that they connect Applink at least once before subsequently using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Trip logs is currently a separate thing.
3. Looking into this issue.

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Thank you for keeping up with the forum!
Another request, if it wasn't mentioned elsewhere -- can we get the screen to display the current charging power, in kW, while charging? I think that would be GREATLY appreciate by all of us.
Will do what I can! Most of the feedback is outside of my day-to-day, but I have found the right channel to report through. Will check in as often as I can.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

One additional ask regarding departure times. We may want to warm the battery up, but have not set a departure schedule. It would be great to say "Hey Google, prepare Mach-E for departure" with a reported time back as to how long it will take for the battery to reach optimal temperature depending on location, outside temp, etc. We don't always know when we need to leave, but it would be great to prepare the car to leave without having to remotely start it.

I lied... I have two asks. It would be great to see on the app if the doors are locked or unlocked, windows up or down, car on or not.

Thanks.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Will do what I can! Most of the feedback is outside of my day-to-day, but I have found the right channel to report through. Will check in as often as I can.
Good to know. So, is the display of charging speed, in kW, something that can be done under the Sync umbrella? This info must be already available in the car, to be pulled and displayed, somewhere!

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misunderstood -- if this is outside your current team's work, your reporting it in the proper channel would definitely be helpful! Thank you!!

Last edited:

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
1. Understood on this request, however, the current approach was a strategic choice. - think of how much the actual weather forecast temps and real feel can vary on a particular day.
2. Some directions: The user will need to have enabled the feature in FordPass (Journeys Recording can be found in MY Account > Settings) and if they select record “Automatically record via AppLink” ensure that they connect Applink at least once before subsequently using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Trip logs is currently a separate thing.
Thank you for the reply.
1)With Michigan weather, I completely understand the variable temperature, and that was my concern. When I leave in the morning 65° could be warm but cool when I head home. As long as I know that is the approach, we are good!
2) I will check to see if I have enabled the features properly.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Last night.

"Alex, ask FordPass the status of my car"

please give your pin

####

your vehicle is now started

Ughh, "Alexa have FordPass stop my car"

ok

"Alexa, ask FordPass how much fuel I have"

Your vehicles range is 218 miles

Oddly enough this morning my car was at 94% charge not the programmed 90% and it had a guest profile and not my profile. My thinking is it did a download last night or something. ?

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Sometimes you can get a little too clever for your own good. This might be one of those situations

At the very least this system should be extremely well explained, both the "strategy" behind it and actually how it works. How am I supposed to know what temperature I'm going to get if I select cool and it's 40 degrees outside?

Maybe an optional "advanced" mode where we can just specify the temperature could be added. I mean, the main climate control is controlled by the precise degree

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I must say, I'm impressed and excited about the enthusiasm around API access on this forum! As tinkerer myself, I understand the want. It's funny you link to that site; they aren't the prettiest, but I actually put together some of those slides, ha. As with any connected products, we want to ensure we enable access with quality, security, and safety in mind, which can take time. But you have reason to hope!
APIs would be HUGE, and as much data as possible would be great. For example, third party EV routing tools like A Better Route Planner absolutely need the data from the car to determine routes, and as good as the in-car nav is or will be, there's always room for the third party apps

Alternatively, it would be *awesome* if you guys worked with ABRP to get them some modeling and consumption data so they can better model the MME in their app :)

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
It would be nice if FordPass would generate a notification for a tire going below 20psi. Maybe have it check such things when preparing for departure, even a 5 minute heads up on a flat is better than none. Just saying.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Had anyone successfully connected to Google Home or Google Assistant?
Sponsored