Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
This came up in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own.

Went looking for Fordpass abilities and went to my Alexa app and sure enough you can link the FordPass skill.

Here is a screenshot.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home Screenshot_20201231-101727

Hopefully they will make it able to specify a vehicle and open windows, prepaid to leave.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
To "prepare to leave" I would guess its already there:

"Alexa, ask FordPass to start my car"

(That is how you precondition an EV; you "Start" it. At least that is the way the Focus Electric and the Bolt works: Either remote start it via the app or the keyfob to precondition.)

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag

Went looking for Fordpass abilities and went to my Alexa app and sure enough you can link the FordPass skill.

Here is a screenshot.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home Screenshot_20201231-101727

Hopefully they will make it able to specify a vehicle and open windows, prepaid to leave.
Very cool I like this. Wonder if they can add navigation requests in the future?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

(That is how you precondition an EV; you "Start" it.)
This should work, but hopefully Ford will introduce a "pre-condition only" startup method. I don't think all systems need to be "alive" to precondition.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
This should work, but hopefully Ford will introduce a "pre-condition only" startup method. I don't think all systems need to be "alive" to precondition.
Remote starting doesn't wake up all the systems.

It only powers up the HVAC and the battery conditioning. The radio and everything else remain off--just like they do on an ICE when you remote start it. (On every vehicle that I've had with remote start the first thing you have to do when you get in is start it: Foot on the brake, press the start button. THEN everything else wakes up.)

Why would it work any other way?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Remote starting doesn't wake up all the systems.

It only powers up the HVAC and the battery conditioning. The radio and everything else remain off--just like they do on an ICE when you remote start it. (On every vehicle that I've had with remote start the first thing you have to do when you get in is start it: Foot on the brake, press the start button. THEN everything else wakes up.)

Why would it work any other way?
You're 100% correct there, don't know why my brain was imagining it starting up like you were sitting in it.

I would like to have better precondition/start options. I can submit HVAC controls to my Veloster when I remote start.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Funny how the same topic pops up in different forum threads, just posted this elsewhere but it seems it could be useful here too. The two owner's manual pages on remote start:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home 1609430764831

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home 1609430772163

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It’s nice that the heated seat and steering wheel can come on automatically with remote start. But I wonder if they’ll stay on when you get into the car and drive away. I had an Explorer with similar functionality, and there was no way to make them stay on. So they would be warm when you get in, but when you hit the start button, they would turn off and you’d have to manually turn them back on. Not the end of the world, but kinda annoying. In Chrysler products, the auto setting makes them come on when it’s cold out regardless of if the car was remote started or manually started. I prefer that.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag

Here is a screenshot.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home 1609430772163

While trying to link my Ford Pass app to Alexa it tells me that both my 2010 Edge and my Mach-E are "incompatible".

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
While trying to link my Ford Pass app to Alexa it tells me that both my 2010 Edge and my Mach-E are "incompatible".
Yup. My 2012 Explorer an 06 Mustang do the same hopefully Ford gets it sorted. Was hoping the MachE would be seamless. I sent a suggestion to what I thought would be good features to Ford via the Alexa Skill comment link but got something back from Amazon. Think we will have to go through Ford.com with Alexa issues.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Yup. My 2012 Explorer an 06 Mustang do the same hopefully Ford gets it sorted. Was hoping the MachE would be seamless. I sent a suggestion to what I thought would be good features to Ford via the Alexa Skill comment link but got something back from Amazon. Think we will have to go through Ford.com with Alexa issues.
Do you think the compatibility issue for the MME stems from the fact that we are not even connected to the car yet? I know we should know for sure once it happens.

Also, I had an Alexa for years and mostly used it to play music and turn lights on. I didn’t find it too useful beyond that. Not to mention that Alexa is ALWAYS listening.. and I mean always. SMH.. hence why I got rid of. It.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Our house was built in 28 and has goofy switch locations so Alexa is really helpful with lights. That and the Roomba and shopping lists and alarms/ timers and music and intercom.

Amazon pretty much in woven into our lives.

I started to link the skill but it did not find a good vehicle in my Fordpass so no alexa link at all as yet.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

(That is how you precondition an EV; you "Start" it. At least that is the way the Focus Electric and the Bolt works: Either remote start it via the app or the keyfob to precondition.)
I am not sure that is entirely accurate for the Bolt. When I pre-heat or cool my Bolt, it might look like it is started and "on" (heat/AC running, running lights on) but it is only pre-conditioning and cannot be driven unless I enter with my key fob and press the start button. So I would say it starts the HVAC but it does not enable (start) the driving capability. Hopefully, that will also be the case for the Mach-E.

SVT4X4

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250 Tremor 2018 F150 2014 Can-Am Maverick Max 1957 Ford Ranchero
Country flag
I have this on my 2020 F250 Tremor and love it, very easy and convenient to use.