Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Welcome @Ford Team, and thanks for taking the time. There are a few simple things that really hurt the Nav integration with charging that puts Ford in a weak position. plugshare.com and abetterrouteplanner.com correctly handle 1 & 2:
  1. The Nav does not have sufficient bias toward faster chargers; I mapped a route and it took me to 50kw and even a 25kw charger at a harley davidson instead of to a 150kw EA charger that was further out of the way but would have obviously made for a much faster route.
  2. Along the lines of #1, I should be able to specify the minimum power level of DCFC chargers I want the nav to choose
  3. The Nav should notify the BMS to start conditioning the battery as you approach a DCFC that is a planned waypoint
Without those simple changes, the road charging experience of newbies who don't know better will be far worse than a Tesla, and that WILL harm the Mach-E's reputation.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hi all! I'm on the team at Ford that works on both the FordPass Alexa Skill and Google Action. (I also have a Mach-e on order myself!)
I'm happy to try and clear up any questions, address any issues, as well as take input on requested additional features.

To start, it looks like a few of you have found the skill or action and have tried to link your FordPass account to setup your Mach-e, but have seen an incompatible message. At this stage, especially if your vehicle is still in process at the manufacturing plant, that message is expected as the vehicle's modem connectivity hasn't been provisioned in our backend yet. Once you receive your vehicle and finish the FordPass Activation in-vehicle, you'll be able to complete the Alexa or Google setup.
Wow, great to see you here . . . any plans to integrate Apple HomeKit and Siri? Some of us live in the Apple and not Alexa ecosystem.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Correct, voice command based. For a full list of commands, see here: FordPass | Google Assistant . Be sure to click on 'Read More' under the description for the full list.
Thank you for joining. I echo @methorian ’s comment, specifically if we could tell Google Assistant to set a certain temperature inside the car. “Hey Google, turn on the Mach-E and set interior temperature to 70 degrees”. I would use that more than everything else combined.

Next up for me would be being able to send navigation destinations from my phone or Google Assistant. Like if I am looking up somewhere new to go while at home on my phone, or reading the address online or from a friend or whatever, if I could say something like “Hey Google, set Mach-E destination to XYZ” and it would load it into the car for next time (not necessarily turning the car on right away).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Welcome @Ford Team, and thanks for taking the time. There are a few simple things that really hurt the Nav integration with charging that puts Ford in a weak position.
I don’t think those are related to Alexa skills or Google actions.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don’t think those are related to Alexa skills or Google actions.
Are you kidding me? Shaving hours off of a Nav-planned route seems worth interrupting a short thread, given that EVERY thread on this forum goes off into the weeds for pages on end.

Correct, but you are talking to the team that is "all things FordPass"...
Exactly - getting ahold of someone that can possibly make those simple changes happen is actually a bit of a big deal.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Correct, but you are talking to the team that is "all things FordPass"...
To clarify, I'm on one of the many connected vehicle teams that work on FordPass-related technology in Ford. I personally can best help and address items related to Alexa and Google. But certainly all feedback is welcome.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Are you kidding me? Shaving hours off of a Nav-planned route seems worth interrupting a short thread, given that EVERY thread on this forum goes off into the weeds for pages on end.
Sorry, they said that they worked for the team that did Alexa and Google integration. I didn't realize that meant all things FordPass. I didn't mean to suggest that the thread needs to stay on topic. That ship has long sailed.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'd love a way to export fuel economy data to a CSV or similar, so that I can track my Mach-E's miles per kilowatt hour efficiency over the entire length of ownership.

Also, I've tried requesting access to the Connected Vehicle APIs at developer.ford.com at least five times now... There's never been any feedback on the request. Anyone monitoring the inbox there?

https://developer.ford.com/fordconnect

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hi, if you'd like to send me some screenshots, I might be able to triage better. Also, what model year is the F-150? Any idea if it has a modem?
Sorry for the confusion - I dont have a F150. I dont have Ford vehicles currently.

I was trying to ask if the Alexa and Ford Pass should handshake at account level (I tried it and Alexa said invalid credentials for my Ford Pass) even if there are no vehicles activated in Ford Pass. Or if I interpret your response correctly - what you are saying is Alexa and Ford pass will not hand shake if there is not at least one real, compatible and active vehicle in Ford Pass.

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Sorry for the confusion - I dont have a F150. I dont have Ford vehicles currently.

I was trying to ask if the Alexa and Ford Pass should handshake at account level (I tried it and Alexa said invalid credentials for my Ford Pass) even if there are no vehicles activated in Ford Pass. Or if I interpret your response correctly - what you are saying is Alexa and Ford pass will not hand shake if there is not at least one real, compatible and active vehicle in Ford Pass.
It's a 2-step setup process. First step is signing in with your FordPass account. That is authenticated, and then you are shown the vehicles on your account in order to select the primary vehicle to use with the voice assistant. In your current case, if you have created a Fordpass account via the FordPass app, but have no vehicles, you could login, but could not complete the setup since you have no vehicles to select. If you are getting an error message of 'invalid credentials,' maybe the password check is failing. Potentially a password reset in the FordPass app could help...

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It's a 2-step setup process. First step is signing in with your FordPass account. That is authenticated, and then you are shown the vehicles on your account in order to select the primary vehicle to use with the voice assistant. In your current case, if you have created a Fordpass account via the FordPass app, but have no vehicles, you could login, but could not complete the setup since you have no vehicles to select. If you are getting an error message of 'invalid credentials,' maybe the password check is failing. Potentially a password reset in the FordPass app could help...
Got it thanks

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I'd love a way to export fuel economy data to a CSV or similar, so that I can track my Mach-E's miles per kilowatt hour efficiency over the entire length of ownership.

Also, I've tried requesting access to the Connected Vehicle APIs at developer.ford.com at least five times now... There's never been any feedback on the request. Anyone monitoring the inbox there?

https://developer.ford.com/fordconnect
Great use case regarding the fuel economy data! And Connected Vehicle APIs is another area I'm super passionate about! Sorry you haven't gotten any response from the site; our support of it has been admittedly low recently. But we've got some exciting things in the works on site updates as well as making our APIs more accessible. No timing to share just yet, though.
Sponsored