FordPass and complimentary charging

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Good morning, y'all. Need your help again. I got my car almost a year ago and tried the complimentary charging at EA stations on two occasions. Nothing happened. Since then, I have only needed to charge at home. So, this weekend, we are going on a road trip with some EA chargers along the route. How do I make sure that my 250 complimentary credits gets used rather than EA charging my credit card on file? I see the 250 kwh on my fordpass app. I thought it was automatic back then but it did not happen.
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Make sure plug and charge is activated in your profile. Ford does the rest.

OP
OP

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thank you for the Public Charging on Blue Oval Network for dummies. Although the app has changed since then, it is pretty easy to figure out what to do now. Thanks again, y'all!
Also, you should note the following:

EA charges by the kWh in most states. However, in some states they charge by the minute, which is less than 1/2 the cost. In those states, you'd be best off using EA, or EA Pass+, to pay for the charging, if you want to maximize the free hour valuation. You have two years from purchase to use those free hours.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ea-rates.9342/

To use EA to pay instead of Plug and Charge, open the EA app, select the charger, and swipe, THEN plug in.

In addition, it is POSSIBLE that at some point this holiday weekend, EA will be free at most of their chargers. First, READ THE SCREEN of the charger and see what it says. If it says it is free, just plug in and no cost will be incurred.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Thank you for the Public Charging on Blue Oval Network for dummies. Although the app has changed since then, it is pretty easy to figure out what to do now. Thanks again, y'all!
This forum is great for instant solutions. Truly decent membership that seems to really want to help and keep it fun. 👍🚗😝

Have a great trip expect long lines bad traffic cold french fries and general nagging travel issues but that’s the world we live in. Drove up to Sedona yesterday from Scottsdale and everything was just a little bit slower and longer waits but it’s a beautiful weekend and a great time of year. A member is taking me to the private ritzy Forest Highlands golf course to play today and I can’t wait it’s supposed to be the most beautiful course in Arizona

Jes sayin. Same to all. Go green this weekend

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Heh, just looked at my balance and it expires in less that 12 months. Good thing I am planning a road trip to use those free KW.

OP
OP

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We drove from Houston to Grapevine today and charged twice with no issues. The handshake between the MME and the EA charger was seamless. Finally, I was able to use some of that free 250 kWh. My first EA charge was at a 150 kWh machine because the 350s were not working. It did a decent job. In Ennis, TX, I used a 350 kWh charger and that was fast. I went from about 26% charge to 80% charge in 30 minutes. That was fine when we included the potty break and walk around Walmart. Thanks y’all for all of your help.
Sponsored