Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now that some of us have VINs, we can start playing with FordPass while we wait.

I'll start personalizing my Mach E later but found one amusing item: MyFord thinks my Mach E is a Ford Edge. That's right. I plugged in my VIN and my online MyFord and the email I received told me I had entered my Ford Edge into the system.

There's another bit of encouragement for the #notamustang crowd. Even Ford seems to think it's #notamustang.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.53.11 PM
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Now that some of us have VINs, we can start playing with FordPass while we wait.

I'll start personalizing my Mach E later but found one amusing item: MyFord thinks my Mach E is a Ford Edge. That's right. I plugged in my VIN and my online MyFord and the email I received told me I had entered my Ford Edge into the system.

There's another bit of encouragement for the #notamustang crowd. Even Ford seems to think it's #notamustang.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.53.11 PM
yeah, other threads have been reporting Excursions and other such nonsense.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I've finally got my VIN - tried entering it in FordPass app and it errored a few times, then acted as if it was already there, but nothing ever happened.

Logged into my Ford account online and didn't see it so tried to add there - was weird and then acted like I had already added it. Now the app always says it's added, but nothing has changed.

Any tips?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In the app's first page there should be an option for "Remote Vehicle Setup" if it has the VIN.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
In the app's first page there should be an option for "Remote Vehicle Setup" if it has the VIN.
I guess they're having some issues - Website and app are both acting funky no matter what. I'll give it some time and see what happens. Thanks!

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Look for this on home page of app:
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account 92A912EB-A74D-4305-BB2F-7A98BEFCAB85

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Babe!

@methorian, you might need to force quit the app and launch it again. That worked for me. It's very glitchy.
Thanks all, I finally got to here and have force quit a few times with no luck. I'll give it some and try again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account 7B37922F-D2ED-4804-8A07-A240136A2F1D

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks all, I finally got to here and have force quit a few times with no luck. I'll give it some and try again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account 7B37922F-D2ED-4804-8A07-A240136A2F1D
My screen looks the same as yours. Maybe I have too many Ford cars on here? Geesh! I think I need to start spreading the love to some other brand......next time. :)

Screenshot_20201027-211340_FordPass.jpg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My screen looks the same as yours. Maybe I have too many Ford cars on here? Geesh! I think I need to start spreading the love to some other brand......next time. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account Screenshot_20201027-211340_FordPass
I sure hope Joules is the FFE and Maximus is the C-Max.

Those both pale to @ChasingCoral's car. I wonder how his wife feels about its name?

Mine is called Ford Mustang Mach-E so far. Kind of long. I'll need to rethink it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Those both pale to @ChasingCoral's car. I wonder how his wife feels about its name?

Mine is called Ford Mustang Mach-E so far. Kind of long. I'll need to rethink it.
Yes. You guessed it! :)
Maximus is the C-Max. Joules is the Focus Electric (short for Julius Ceasar and also is a play on the unit of electric measurement). My nieces car is Brutus (as in "et tu Brute?")....which is appropriate because she loved my car so much she went out and got one for herself. My brother also has a Focus Electric.....we named his car Commodus.

Grey Ghost is a place holder for the MME. Usually a name presents itself after I drive them for a while.

I owned 3 Super Duty trucks at one time.....sold one but kept the other two for now.
  1. Alvin: 1999 F-250 7.3 PowerStroke CC 4x4 XLT Red
  2. Theodore (Theo): 2000 F-250 7.3 PowerStroke CC 4x4 Lariat White
  3. Simon: 2000 F-450 7.3 PowerStroke CC RV Hauler Lariat White
The 2012 Fiesta is my daughters. I don't know what she named it. I'll have to ask so I an edit the nickname in the profile.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes. You guessed it! :)
Maximus is the C-Max. Joules is the Focus Electric (short for Julius Ceasar and also is a play on the unit of electric measurement). My nieces car is Brutus (as in "et tu Brute?")....which is appropriate because she loved my car so much she went out and got one for herself. My brother also has a Focus Electric.....we named his car Commodus.

Grey Ghost is a place holder for the MME. Usually a name presents itself after I drive them for a while.

I owned 3 Super Duty trucks at one time.....sold one but kept the other two for now.
  1. Alvin: 1999 F-250 7.3 PowerStroke CC 4x4 XLT Red
  2. Theodore (Theo): 2000 F-250 7.3 PowerStroke CC 4x4 Lariat White
  3. Simon: 2000 F-450 7.3 PowerStroke CC RV Hauler Lariat White
The 2012 Fiesta is my daughters. I don't know what she named it. I'll have to ask so I an edit the nickname in the profile.
Ok, I am thusly inspired. Thank you. Here's my first attempt at Extreme Name Makeover.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account Screenshot_20201027-214432

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass and MyFord Account Screenshot_20201027-214432
I finally got it to work by removing my Mach-E and re-adding, it went much more smoothly the second time. I think they were having some server issues when I first added it. After adding the second time the pre-setup notification popped up immediately.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

That was a spontaneous idea that may change. If you remember your folklore, Babe was Paul Bunyan’s big blue ox and the Mach E is bigger than a Mustang.
Sponsored