John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Decided to start a separate thread on this. FordPass app, 3 cars, iOS 14.0.1, iPhone 11 Pro Max. Called out Ford and Apple on Twitter. Anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My phone upgraded to iOs 14 from 13.7 yesterday (no clue why it took so long). No problems before, I'll post when/if it happens under 14

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My phone upgraded to iOs 14 from 13.7 yesterday (no clue why it took so long). No problems before, I'll post when/if it happens under 14
To be clear, I did NOT have this issue under iOS 13. I believe some combination of iOS 14 or an update to the app has caused this.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I would reboot the phone. If the issue persists after reboot, I would disable background activity of the Ford app for now. (You can control that in iPhone settings, on an individual app basis.)

It's probably a bug.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would reboot the phone. If the issue persists after reboot, I would disable background activity of the Ford app for now. (You can control that in iPhone settings, on an individual app basis.)

It's probably a bug.
Already did all of that. Turned off access to motion and fitness too but would like someone to tell me why FordPass would EVER need that. Considering deleting the app.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App and battery drain B193CCFB-9269-45C2-BF96-09336192D186
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App and battery drain B193CCFB-9269-45C2-BF96-09336192D186

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Decided to start a separate thread on this. FordPass app, 3 cars, iOS 14.0.1, iPhone 11 Pro Max. Called out Ford and Apple on Twitter. Anyone else experiencing this?
Now that you mentioned this, I started having battery drain problems in the last few weeks as well. Easy test: I don't use FordPass now so I'll remove it.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
FYI
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App and battery drain EDF46BD5-14DC-4FC9-A20D-842C2D010BF2

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Already did all of that. Turned off access to motion and fitness too but would like someone to tell me why FordPass would EVER need that. Considering deleting the app.
I think it's to help you find your parked car or find things like gas, charging, parking, dealers, food etc. If the phone can track your location when you are moving then it can display where you are relative to the items you are searching for.

Just a guess though.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
yesterday I brought up the FordPass app while in my car and it started with "please hit this button to say you're not driving the car" so yeah I think it's tied to the detection of driving.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Update . . . Apple responded to my Tweet. The first two things they suggested I had already tried. The last thing was my last resort, but it worked. Had to delete the FordPass app and download it again with a clean install. Now gone from my American Top 40 list of battery hogs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Update . . . Apple responded to my Tweet. The first two things they suggested I had already tried. The last thing was my last resort, but it worked. Had to delete the FordPass app and download it again with a clean install. Now gone from my American Top 40 list of battery hogs.
Still can't do anything without the car.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Sort of: You can use it to search out charging stations (in fact I found a local one on Ford Pass that wasn't showing up on my plugshare). I also can use it to remote start my wife's Escape ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it sort of half-ass understands my Fusion's existence, so it seems to at least somewhat be tied to the same back end as MyFord Mobile. But not completely. Not quite sure exactly what's going on there.

I am very curious if the old app will work with the new car, though. Not because it has to, mind you - more just from an IT/developer morbid curiosity sort of thing.
Sponsored