Fordpass app is so lame

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Ford is a car company, not a tech company (just like GM). We have a Volt and the GM/Onstar apps have been a joke. We just got used to it crashing and stopped using the app. The Volt is a good car with good panel gaps, but the app is junk.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Are we not expecting a refresh/update of the FordPass app before deliveries start? I had kind of assumed that would happen to open up EV/Mach-E specific features. Hopefully it would fix a lot of issues folks seem to have with the app as well?

We know the Ford Connected Charger is also supposed to integrate, so that would need an update as well from what I've seen of the app so far.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Are we not expecting a refresh/update of the FordPass app before deliveries start? I had kind of assumed that would happen to open up EV/Mach-E specific features. Hopefully it would fix a lot of issues folks seem to have with the app as well?

We know the Ford Connected Charger is also supposed to integrate, so that would need an update as well from what I've seen of the app so far.
I can say with experience that the Nissan Leaf app is just as bad with no improvements over the years. Car companies are not tech companies, Tesla is the opposite here. The Tesla phone app and remote features are way head of the pack from what I have seen. So I am going to say Ford will try to use a generic app for all cars with a few tweaks for the Mach.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I can say with experience that the Nissan Leaf app is just as bad with no improvements over the years. Car companies are not tech companies, Tesla is the opposite here. The Tesla phone app and remote features are way head of the pack from what I have seen. So I am going to say Ford will try to use a generic app for all cars with a few teaks for the Mach.
Lets hope Ford does a better job than these manufacturers - otherwise promoting Fordpass for its benefits but cant use it makes no sense.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Really hoping they do update it - its not usable for me in anyway

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Really hoping they do update it - its not usable for me in anyway
Or just use myFordMobile. That app has worked fine for me since I got the car. There are a few features that I would like updated but otherwise it does quite well.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Or just use myFordMobile. That app has worked fine for me since I got the car. There are a few features that I would like updated but otherwise it does quite well.
Not tried that but will try thanks

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not tried that but will try thanks
I tried adding the MME to MFM and it wont accept it. :(
Works fine for my FFE and Energi cars but apparently thinks the MME is an ICE vehicle......

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Works fine for my FFE and Energi cars but apparently thinks the MME is an ICE vehicle......
I tried it too - does not accept it - I think only the Ford Pass App is designed for mach E or a better way to say it is Ford is not making all their applications work with mach E except FordPass

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I would hope since they seem to have competent software developers for the Sync 4a that the phone app will follow along and be usable. Till the vehicle is out, I suppose it doesn't matter how good it is right now. I Imagine they are developing it along with the polishing of 4a.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I tried it too - does not accept it - I think only the Ford Pass App is designed for mach E or a better way to say it is Ford is not making all their applications work with mach E except FordPass
I think MFM is a separate system from Ford Pass (and likely a different 3rd party vendor too).

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Hopefully it has all these features, and is focused on the MME. This is what it will be compared to:

Modern EV Mobile App
For the most part, MFM has most of this except for stuff like "Smart Summon".....

Right now in FordPass, I can see both of my vehicles, the Explorer and the CMax. Difference is, for the Explorer it displays more detailed info whereas CMax not very detailed (doesn't show trip log, charging parameters, remote start, climate control, go times thus I have to go into MFM for all of those features+).

Last edited:

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
How do you add locations in Ford Pass? Every time I try to add an address, I get "not a valid address".

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
For the most part, MFM has most of this except for stuff like "Smart Summon".....
Sorry, did not know MFM had all those options. I have not studied it yet...but you are saying it has charging stations with how many stalls are open, OTA upgrades, valet mode, schedule mobile service, sentry mode, etc? If it has all that, I agree it should be fine!
Sponsored