FordPass App not (totally) connecting with our car since moving to Norway (military/temporary)

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I forgot to mention, the TESLA chargers over here are the same plugs as the US. The map software is unique though so, a US model still wouldn't work over here anyway. And we also found out that there are import issues with US Tesla's that are approved for import prior to arrival in Norway.

Anyway, thanks for your insight.
It’s all just my opinion and I could be completely wrong and Ford will come through and give you a path to connectivity.

As for charging it is my understanding that European Tesla now come with a CCS Type 2 port but at one point came with just a Type 2 port that Tesla used in a special way like the Tesla NACS port for both AC and DC charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App not (totally) connecting with our car since moving to Norway (military/temporary) Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 3.16.59 PM

Tesla NACS used in North America
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App not (totally) connecting with our car since moving to Norway (military/temporary) Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 3.19.35 PM

Tesla CCS Type 2
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App not (totally) connecting with our car since moving to Norway (military/temporary) Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 3.15.53 PM

In any case it is apparently a pain for those taking their cars with them.

I remember as a kid in 1979 that my parents regreted bringing their just purchased Ford Fairmont to Germany. It was not a car suited for the German Autobahn. They ended up selling the car and buying a used car made for the German market.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well sir, after taking the time to introduce myself to your thread I can indeed confirm that this is what one technician tried, right before leaving for 6 months of paternity leave saying, "I at least wanted to give this new test equipment a try before it goes back into the closet. Nobody else knows how to work the damn thing." It basically cost me $800 to have him read me codes, scroll through some of the menus and perform an update on the car. Suffice to say, i don't think they'll let me borrow their equipment for home DIY. lol
Ha ha yeah FDRS is definitely not cheap or for the faint of heart. If you're a hard core DIYer and your very invested, yeah I could see this being a possibility. But it is a high cost of entry for sure...

I'm sorry he charged you that much just to pull out FDRS. That's crazy!