FordPass Bug List

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
So many threads about all the many, many bugs people are experiencing with FordPass, should somebody pin a wiki (or two, one for iOS and one for Android) to help the app designers who are surely monitoring this forum?

Honestly I haven’t tested FordPass too much because it’s so generally crapty it’s tough to get too deep into it, but here’s what I’ve observed so far in iOS.....

• the car’s current charge status on the home page takes forever to update. Even when pull down repeatedly to force an update.
  • the app frequently crashes and closes, but it’s tough to recreate. Happens so often it’s hard to pin down.
  • the latest update totally broke the map page LOL. I mean how did that get through QC?
  • all my messages show as unread (the little red bubble with the number on the app tile) even after I’ve read them. I have to delete them in order to make that go away, but I’m trying to keep a log of all my various public charging fails, alarm being randomly triggered, etc. so I don’t want to delete them.
  • when I try to adjust my charging schedule via the app, it doesn’t push to the car.
3.19.1:
  • yay, they fixed the map
  • all other bugs above still exist
  • but now the charging status on home page has totally vanished.
Please add other issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
LOL now we know what "Ford is not a software company" means. Substantial work are needed, may just start with the proper QA.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
iOS version doesn’t tell you the charging status. Major problem.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
iOS version doesn’t tell you the charging status. Major problem.
You’re right. After updating to 3.19.1, the app no longer updates the charge / charging status. So congrats on fixing the map tab but now the app is broken even worse. Again, how are these releases getting though QC?

Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Uh, the version is 3.19 (not 3.9). you may want to update your post..

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Someone mentioned to reset the cache. Worked much better after that.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
The EV trip history has been saying coming soon for over 2 months. The car definitely has the trip data including per-trip power consumption summary so it doesn't look like it should take such long time to have it implemented. The mobile app for Fusion Energy has supported it for years.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So many threads about all the many, many bugs people are experiencing with FordPass, should somebody pin a wiki (or two, one for iOS and one for Android) to help the app designers who are surely monitoring this forum?

Honestly I haven’t tested FordPass too much because it’s so generally crapty it’s tough to get too deep into it, but here’s what I’ve observed so far in iOS.....

• the car’s current charge status on the home page takes forever to update. Even when pull down repeatedly to force an update.
  • the app frequently crashes and closes, but it’s tough to recreate. Happens so often it’s hard to pin down.
  • the latest update totally broke the map page LOL. I mean how did that get through QC?
  • all my messages show as unread (the little red bubble with the number on the app tile) even after I’ve read them. I have to delete them in order to make that go away, but I’m trying to keep a log of all my various public charging fails, alarm being randomly triggered, etc. so I don’t want to delete them.
  • when I try to adjust my charging schedule via the app, it doesn’t push to the car.
3.19.1:
  • yay, they fixed the map
  • but now the charge / charging status on home page refuses to update at all. For those keep score at home, we’ve now moved from bad to worse.
I bet others can add a lot more.

These threads already exist. You might want to add them to this one:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-issues-compilation-list-wiki.3430/

Or to the one which the FordPass team actually participates in:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-alexa-skill-google-home.2540/

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These threads already exist. You might want to add them to this one:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-issues-compilation-list-wiki.3430/

Or to the one which the FordPass team actually participates in:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-alexa-skill-google-home.2540/
Sure, I just didn’t know if we should pin one specifically for FordPass. I’m worried that if we just start lumping all the FordPass bugs in with all the MME software bugs and hardware issues, it will be harder to find them. Seems like there are two different “teams” for FordPass and the MME?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It looks like the latest update to 3.19.1 has completely broken the link between the app and the car. I charged last night but never received a notification that the charge completed, and the car’s status hasn’t updated since I installed the latest update.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
It looks like the latest update to 3.19.1 has completely broken the link between the app and the car. I charged last night but never received a notification that the charge completed, and the car’s status hasn’t updated since I installed the latest update.
It's funny, on Android, it's the complete opposite. The latest update seems to have FIXED everything.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve got iOS 3.19.1.

So it looks like at some point today FordPass reestablished the connection with the car. But why does it take so long to update? For example, my car was last updated 19 minutes ago. I pull down a few times to try to get a more recent update and I get.... 20 minutes ago. Is this a problem with the car or the app?

Still have all the other bugs described above.

Here are some design issues....

1. My car is currently plugged in and ready to charge per it’s schedule. Why doesn’t the app tell me it’s plugged in?! Wouldn’t that be convenient if I just wanted to check before bed - did I remember to plug it in?

2. Under the Vehicle tab, there are three sub-tabs: Your Vehicle, Manage EV, and Service & Support. Shouldn’t Manage EV be Manage Charging? That’s what that tab pertains to. If it was just managing the EV, you do that just as much with the first sub-tab.

3. Bigger issue is under Manage EV. Why are there two sections for Manage Charging and Charge Times? Those don’t need to be separate. It’s confusing! Put them together!

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Bug List 1100BD46-81EE-44A4-9996-784C6C1A5237

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’ve got iOS 3.19.1.

So it looks like at some point today FordPass reestablished the connection with the car. But why does it take so long to update? For example, my car was last updated 19 minutes ago. I pull down a few times to try to get a more recent update and I get.... 20 minutes ago. Is this a problem with the car or the app?

Still have all the other bugs described above.

Here are some design issues....

1. My car is currently plugged in and ready to charge per it’s schedule. Why doesn’t the app tell me it’s plugged in?! Wouldn’t that be convenient if I just wanted to check before bed - did I remember to plug it in?

2. Under the Vehicle tab, there are three sub-tabs: Your Vehicle, Manage EV, and Service & Support. Shouldn’t Manage EV be Manage Charging? That’s what that tab pertains to. If it was just managing the EV, you do that just as much with the first sub-tab.

3. Bigger issue is under Manage EV. Why are there two sections for Manage Charging and Charge Times? Those don’t need to be separate. It’s confusing! Put them together!

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Bug List 1100BD46-81EE-44A4-9996-784C6C1A5237
Your #1 is a new issue with the latest update, was working before the update.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m editing the top post with updated bug reports.
Sponsored