FordPass Charging - I get 2493 miles per charge. Do you?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've only had this car for a short time, but Ford has had this car and their app for quite a while. It is beyond my comprehension as to why they can't figure out basic math in their app.

@Ford Motor Company maybe you should hire a few QC people to look over your numbers. If you claim 14% charge can get me 349 miles I think I'm owed a huge refund for misleading advertising (just add it to the bake disk size, range numbers and the list of other things you lied about)!

First up - We have kWh mismatches. I could see rounding up/down but that's just not the case. Some people may say there's loss between the charger and the car, I guarantee you it's not 1-3 kWh! My previous EV's didn't have this mismatch. So that I don't get flamed, I could care less about the range added mismatch on this, I know it's a guess.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Charging - I get 2493 miles per charge.  Do you? kwh-not-same

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Charging - I get 2493 miles per charge.  Do you? kwh-not-same-2

And now for the winner of them all:

In this lovely example we have a bunch going on.

In green we have the app which says that we are charging to 100% but based on the unplug charge it's obviously 90%. I can confirm it's 90%.
In red we have the range that I WISH I was getting!
In blue we have another example of how Ford is leading the world in EV range :rolleyes:

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Charging - I get 2493 miles per charge.  Do you? wonky-math

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
LMFAO

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I've only had this car for a short time, but Ford has had this car and their app for quite a while. It is beyond my comprehension as to why they can't figure out basic math in their app.

@Ford Motor Company maybe you should hire a few QC people to look over your numbers. If you claim 14% charge can get me 349 miles I think I'm owed a huge refund for misleading advertising (just add it to the bake disk size, range numbers and the list of other things you lied about)!

First up - We have kWh mismatches. I could see rounding up/down but that's just not the case. Some people may say there's loss between the charger and the car, I guarantee you it's not 1-3 kWh! My previous EV's didn't have this mismatch. So that I don't get flamed, I could care less about the range added mismatch on this, I know it's a guess.

kwh-not-same.png

kwh-not-same-2.png

And now for the winner of them all:

In this lovely example we have a bunch going on.

In green we have the app which says that we are charging to 100% but based on the unplug charge it's obviously 90%. I can confirm it's 90%.
In red we have the range that I WISH I was getting!
In blue we have another example of how Ford is leading the world in EV range :rolleyes:

wonky-math.png
I can beat that. 3% charge added 347 miles. Total range 11,576 miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Charging - I get 2493 miles per charge.  Do you? 9381D257-554F-44E8-B77A-12597C0E210A

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
FordPass thinks you guys have some big…. Err… Batteries.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO