FordPass errors when doing 21C22 and 21S42 Recalls?

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
So dropped my Mach-E off last week to get the windshield and glass roof recalls done while I was away for Thanksgiving. That in itself was a feet as 2 dealers that I contacted didn't have the capability to do it in house and their glass guys didn't have the instructions yet. Luckily got the 3rd dealer who had the capability in house!

Over the past day or so though I've seen some random FordPass errors around precollision assist warning, restraints indicator lamp warning, and electrical system drain.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass errors when doing 21C22 and 21S42 Recalls? Screenshot_20211130-204223_FordPass

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass errors when doing 21C22 and 21S42 Recalls? Screenshot_20211130-204237_FordPass

Anyone else seen these and know if they're normal for the glass recall servicing or is it a sign of more fun to come? ?

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update. It's now been at the dealer for over about 1.5 weeks for the recall, but still don't have it back yet. Originally expected it to complete by 12/1, but there were delays getting the weatherstrip.

Hopefully should get it by Monday 12/6.

Interesting points from my experiences so far:
- they had to remove the glass and sunroof on mine
- they had to wait for a required weatherstrip to be replaced
- apparently these error messages are normal

Mine was a December 2020 build.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
You will get random error messages depending on what gets disconnected during servicing.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well now it's been 2.5 weeks without my MME ?

Good news is the glass recall work is done.
They ended up getting delayed again and we're supposed to deliver it back to me yesterday when I got a 12V battery fault.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass errors when doing 21C22 and 21S42 Recalls? Screenshot_20211209-141452_FordPass

Guessing it may have been due to the high drain error from 11/30 when they were removing the glass. Least to say, it's back to the shop again...

Guess it's better that the message popped up while they still had it at least.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well good news!! Finally got KITT back yesterday and all is well for now (knock on wood). Overall, 2 glass recalls complete (I was their first MME), CSP 21P22 applied, 12v checked out, and got my second key fob ?

For any folks in the DFW area that are wondering, the dealer that had the glass shop in house was Sam Pack Ford Carrollton. AutoNation Ford Frisco and Sam Pack Ford Lewisville (where I originally brought it in) apparently don't.

The guys at Sam Pack were very helpful and actually valeted the car back to me so that I didn't have to arrange transportation to get back down there. Also Ford Support was good in at least reimbursing for some of the headache and trying to help so props there as well.
Sponsored